Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 PM

13 posts, read 30,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
The ticket would be refundable if the OP ends up not using it but only back to my credit card. I think I am safe that way.

One thing I would not do is waste your money or "steal" from you or anyone.

Heck, you can even call me on the phone if you'd like, send me a DM and I'll send you my phone number.

I don't care how many people on here don't believe me, I'd never make up a story like this. The beauty of a forum is you can ask people for help that you'd normally would never meet without the internet.

For those of you wondering, I am using my laptop at the library and no, I will not sell my laptop. It's the only thing that I can use to do my job searches and communicate via email.

At least the building I live in has Wi-Fi- in the lounge, I use it during the night after the library closes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 06:36 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,020,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Hungry View Post
I'm pretty much out of cash, no friends and family and no job prospects.

I'm a 35y/o male.

In 2 weeks, I'll be homeless if a job and a miracle does not occur.

I'm so suck and tired I can't stand it anymore.

HELP!
1. Construct a budget, write down your monthly expenses and your monthly income if any.

2. Go to your local govt ask for assistance.

3. Figure out how this happened in the first place

Old 10-07-2010, 07:41 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,392,821 times
This can happen to anyone now. I am one paycheck away from being on the street. I know alot of people who have storage units, belong to a cheap health club, and basically live in their cars, work alot, eat cheap dollar hamburgers. I have gone from actually sort of "whoring" myself out to a man for a place to live, just can't do that any longer...

Old 10-07-2010, 08:34 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,456,938 times
Quote:

Heck, you can even call me on the phone if you'd like, send me a DM and I'll send you my phone number.

I don't care how many people on here don't believe me, I'd never make up a story like this. The beauty of a forum is you can ask people for help that you'd normally would never meet without the internet.

For those of you wondering, I am using my laptop at the library and no, I will not sell my laptop. It's the only thing that I can use to do my job searches and communicate via email.

At least the building I live in has Wi-Fi- in the lounge, I use it during the night after the library closes.
I believe you. A lot of people in this country are having a hard time finding jobs. Jobs are scarce. Can you get an unemployment check from the Illinois Department of Employment Security? Can you find a job waiting tables or something until you find something better? Some cash is better than no cash. Have you contacted any non-profit organizations such as National Able Network - Workforce Partners (http://www.nationalable.org/Workforce-Partners/? - broken link) Have you networked at all? I'm just curious were you laid off or fired? I hope you find a job soon.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:55 PM

613 posts, read 961,225 times
Quote:

All you have to do is put yourself in my place and I think you will understand where I was coming from. At least you still have your apartment. Our poverty level has reached 15% so don't you feel bad about what is going on. You with the help of caring people will make it. There are ex CEO's of companies that are losing their homes also. If you can just keep us updated on your situation. I was hoping you were not on the street yet. Take care.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:44 AM

13 posts, read 30,598 times
Sure, I understand 100%.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
All you have to do is put yourself in my place and I think you will understand where I was coming from. At least you still have your apartment. Our poverty level has reached 15% so don't you feel bad about what is going on. You with the help of caring people will make it. There are ex CEO's of companies that are losing their homes also. If you can just keep us updated on your situation. I was hoping you were not on the street yet. Take care.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
I am pretty close to the pay check away myself, except being work injured long ago I never know where or when my next pay check will be.

I get odd jobs, do them, try to get paid a fair wage, and then try to find another job. Where i live i can trade labor lots and lots of labor as rent, more labor than a job. A regular job paying a fair lving wage would get me more free time than I have now. I am on call 24/7 to one guy that hires me, which tends to make planning things difficult.

I have 63.5 hours in a rust brakes repair on a truck now, and haven't been paid yet. Yesterday i was out working on it in the rain fighting bronchitis at the same time. I've had better days.

I'ld like to find a caretaker job at a B&B live in, with a workshop suited to lots of tools. Maybe be someone's right hand man, with known day(s) off. I don't mind working 12 hour days either.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:04 AM

613 posts, read 961,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am pretty close to the pay check away myself, except being work injured long ago I never know where or when my next pay check will be.

I get odd jobs, do them, try to get paid a fair wage, and then try to find another job. Where i live i can trade labor lots and lots of labor as rent, more labor than a job. A regular job paying a fair lving wage would get me more free time than I have now. I am on call 24/7 to one guy that hires me, which tends to make planning things difficult.

I have 63.5 hours in a rust brakes repair on a truck now, and haven't been paid yet. Yesterday i was out working on it in the rain fighting bronchitis at the same time. I've had better days.

I'ld like to find a caretaker job at a B&B live in, with a workshop suited to lots of tools. Maybe be someone's right hand man, with known day(s) off. I don't mind working 12 hour days either.
Where you located? Sounds like you would be good at apartment maintenance and such.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
marmac, I sure don't know what you mean by that. Send me a dm I will read it. With out personal experience what good is any judgement at all? I know you don't like me any, but then you don't like anyone else any better either. I still read what you have to say, but guess before I get started you will be pesimistic.

And so what's a few infractions?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 PM

355 posts, read 869,860 times
Quote:
I'm pretty much out of cash, no friends and family and no job prospects.

I'm a 35y/o male.

In 2 weeks, I'll be homeless if a job and a miracle does not occur.

I'm so suck and tired I can't stand it anymore.

HELP!
Join the Army.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness