Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:18 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
But Oakland just isn't any large city in California, it's the MOST dangerous one in the entire state. It's #1! The best at violent crime!
Yes we get it already, you've repeated this about a million times already.

Quote:
Yes, there may be some good areas in Oakland, but the average family is going to have a hard time trying to buy a home all the way in the Hills. More than likely they are priced out of a "good area" in Oakland. Why not take that same money and move to a city where it's safe AND affordable. You can't find both in Oakland, plain and simple.
And many people do that and move farther out to other suburbs, that is the case with A LOT of large cities. But some people make Oakland work and live good lives yet that seems to bother the sh*t out of you for some reason and you can't seem to accept that for some people Oakland works and is fine.

What the hell do you want from people here? To bow down to your BS and say Oakland is the worst place on earth and no one should ever live there? Will you ever accept that some people's opinions differ from yours or will continue to troll to get off? And let me repeat, you are a GROWN MAN trolling. 443 posts in the SF forum vs 133 in the OC forum now. That is beyond pathetic but I'm honestly curious, what do you get out of this? Does annoying people get you off or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yes we get it already, you've repeated this about a million times already.
Then how can you in good conscience recommend Oakland as a place for families to live when it's full of crime, and the nice areas are FAR too expensive for your average American Family?

Answer the question!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:39 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
Quote:
Then how can you in good conscience recommend Oakland as a place for families to live when it's full of crime, and the nice areas are FAR too expensive for your average American Family?

Answer the question!

Oak Knoll/ Golf Links $95,110
Lincoln Highlands $94,269
Fairview Park $92,833
Glenview $91,993
Shafter $87,278
Lakeshore $83,415
Maxwell Park $74,057
Upper Dimond $72,309
Jefferson/ Harrington $71,553
Eastmont Hills $70,694
Civic Center/ Lakeside/ Lake Merritt $67,427
Cleveland Heights $67,208
Piedmont Ave $65,250
Laurel $64,857
Bella Vista $63,336
Grand Lake $61,717

Last time I checked, these were in the price range of the "average american family"... I live in Dimond. It's a perfectly safe area, as are the above areas.

You try to make Oakland sound like it has absolutely nothing going for it... it's not EPA. And this is coming from someone who used to be in EPA all the time... I wouldn't recommend EPA because there's a lack of ammenities and in general its pretty unsafe. Oakland is not EPA. Why would I say that? In EPA, everybody there knows if someone doesn't belong because you all but have to be poor to be living there. This is simply not true with Oakland... there are plenty of middle class families living alongside poorer families and unless you're completely devoid of street smarts it works out fine. Oakland is NOT the place to move if you're not familiar with big city living. If you are, it's just another city that happens to be one of the most beautiful, lively and diverse cities in CA. Obviously you're unable to appreciate any of the above qualities so... why are you still posting about Oakland again? Is Mission Viejo too boring of a city to keep your attention?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Answer the question!
Not all of it is full of crime. And if the good areas are too expensive for a family then they should live in a farther out suburb that is more affordable. Not everyone can make Oakland work but many can. Can you accept that yet? Or are you going to continue to repeat the same sh*t over and over and over to get off?

What the hell do you want from people here? To bow down to your BS and say Oakland is the worst place on earth and no one should ever live there? Will you ever accept that some people's opinions differ from yours or will continue to troll to get off? And let me repeat, you are a GROWN MAN trolling. 443 posts in the SF forum vs 133 in the OC forum now. That is beyond pathetic but I'm honestly curious, what do you get out of this? Does annoying people get you off or something?

Now answer these questions b/c I'm really curious on what your mental malfunction is?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Oak Knoll/ Golf Links $95,110
Lincoln Highlands $94,269
Fairview Park $92,833
Glenview $91,993
Shafter $87,278
Lakeshore $83,415
Maxwell Park $74,057
Upper Dimond $72,309
Jefferson/ Harrington $71,553
Eastmont Hills $70,694
Civic Center/ Lakeside/ Lake Merritt $67,427
Cleveland Heights $67,208
Piedmont Ave $65,250
Laurel $64,857
Bella Vista $63,336
Grand Lake $61,717

What are those numbers? Average prices of homes? Average median incomes? What point are you making here?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Not all of it is full of crime. And if the good areas are too expensive for a family then they should live in a farther out suburb that is more affordable. Not everyone can make Oakland
Exactly my point. Unless you want to buy a mansion next to MC Hammer's old house, you're pretty much screwed and have to live in a crime filled slum. That's pretty much all I've been trying to say, thank for you finally getting it.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Exactly my point. Unless you want to buy a mansion next to MC Hammer's old house, you're pretty much screwed and have to live in a crime filled slum. That's pretty much all I've been trying to say, thank for you finally getting it.
I already knew that as do most people who know something about urban environments but that's cute you actually think you showed me something.

Now that your point has been confirmed are you done yet? Or are you going to continue trolling? Still haven't answered one of my questions, how pathetic b/c you know you're being a troll. Thanks for basically admitting it.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
What are those numbers? Average prices of homes? Average median incomes? What point are you making here?

ROFL... continue to prove that you have blinders on whenever anything remotely positive about Oakland is posted. This was posted back on page six of the thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/14557583-post55.html

It's the average income. So if you make an income/combined income of $60,000+ you are perfectly capable of living in a safe neighborhood in Oakland.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:

Shut the **** up. Seriously. You're the definition of an ignorant rich white person. Why don't you stay on your OC board and talk about Santa Ana since you claim to actually live in the same county?

Old 06-10-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I already knew that as do most people who know something about urban environments but that's cute you actually think you showed me something.

Now that your point has been confirmed are you done yet? Or are you going to continue trolling? Still haven't answered one of my questions, how pathetic b/c you know you're being a troll. Thanks for basically admitting it.
I already answered your question with me actually having a conversation about the point of this thread.

By directly avoiding any other conversation NOT related to the topic of the thread, I am proving who isn't the troll, and who is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland