Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:48 AM

282 posts, read 382,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:59 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,247,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
"Yes but Oakland has the highest crime rate on earth so you might get shot eating in those restaurants. Don't go outside at night, Black and Mexican poor thugs target rich whites who like to flee from the crime. Oakland is worse than Baghdad. "
Yeah, I have no idea how I have managed to live in Oakland the last 20 years without a bullet-proof bubble to protect me. Must be deaf and blind too, 'cause I've never heard gunshots or seen someone pull a gun or knife. For all I know I could have been in Mission Viejo all of these years, 'cept they seem to have a much higher percentage of major douche bags per capita . . .

Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,256,429 times
To get this thread back on topic, I'll go back to mateo's original point.

You will never see this in Marin County:

Old 06-10-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
To get this thread back on topic, I'll go back to mateo's original point.

Of course the troll has never heard of Marin City. Yeah Marin City and the housing projects there are extremely peaceful.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Of course the troll has never heard of Marin City. Yeah Marin City and the housing projects there are extremely peaceful.
It's funny that you bring that up because the demographics of Marin City closely match that of Oakland:

- Large percentage of poor blacks
- Lots of drug related crime
- Lots of petty crime

But the difference is Oakland is a city of almost half a million. Marin City barely has 2,500 people and is about 10 square blocks big.

Comparing the two is folly at best, idiotic at worst.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
It's funny that you bring that up because the demographics of Marin City closely match that of Oakland:

- Large percentage of poor blacks
- Lots of drug related crime
- Lots of petty crime

But the difference is Oakland is a city of almost half a million. Marin City barely has 2,500 people and is about 10 square blocks big.

Comparing the two is folly at best, idiotic at worst.
You said stuff like the above never happens in Marin county, which it does, which is the whole point, you're just too stupid to understand it. Marin City is in Marin County and murders happen there. Therefore, that stuff does happen in Marin County, Get it? How's that cracker jack box PhD holding up for you?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:55 PM

74 posts, read 149,715 times
In terms of earthquake risk, there are good and bad areas in each county. It's best to look at the USGS or ABAG shaking and liquefacation hazard maps for the specific location you are considering. The 2008 USGS study shows a 31 percent probability of a major earthquake on the Hayward fault in the next 30 years, and a 21 percent probability on the San Andreas. So in either county, you need to be prepared.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
You said stuff like the above never happens in Marin county, which it does, which is the whole point, you're just too stupid to understand it. Marin City is in Marin County and murders happen there. Therefore, that stuff does happen in Marin County, Get it? How's that cracker jack box PhD holding up for you?
I didn't say it "never" happens, every city has its share of crime.

It's just that Oakland has a bigger share than others.

As for my academic accomplishments, they served their purposes long ago. Now days I get by on something more.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I didn't say it "never" happens
Quote:

Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Exactly, let me know when you see a "huge riot with thugs jumping on police cars flashing gang signs" in Marin County. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland