Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 AM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
What I'm wondering is why some of you folks put up with ATT and TWC's garbage when you could have DirecTV installed today?

Better PQ. More channels. Cheaper packages. Higher rated customer service from JD Power. Why anyone would wait two weeks for equipment to be installed is ridiculous. Just tell them to flip off, come get their stuff and that you've decided to deal with a company who doesn't treat their customers like beta-testing guinea pigs.

BN
Actually, if you are trying to bundle services, which I suspect a lot of posters on this forum are trying to do, AT&T has a partnership with DirecTV, and they even offer discounts on DirecTV services, when combined with a certain level of services from AT&T. But if you live in U-verse-enabled territory, the DirecTV partnership probably won't be mentioned in any of AT&T's targeted telemarketing or promotional materials.

While DirecTV might be a better choice for some people, it should be noted that unlike U-verse, DirecTV requires a 2-year commitment for new customers, even if you go though AT&T. The DirecTV monthly price will probably be locked for only one year, though. And DirecTV has had annual price increases on virtually all programming packages since about 2003.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
I have an appt for another tech to come out next Monday. They couldn't tell me WHY the heck there was a tech coming, just that I had one coming out. They couldn't tell me if he was bringing a NID or anything, which is what's supposed to be on backorder. They also asked that I make sure my gate was unlocked, because that's why they didn't do the last install.

I had to correct the lady - My gate wasn't locked, I actually *was* home, and I had a good talk with the tech (he was pretty cool) - he explained to me the backorder, and that he would come back as soon as possible. She was surprised and insisted that my gate was locked. ???

So I'll give them until Monday I guess.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:37 AM

50 posts, read 230,094 times
If you're having trouble getting everything established, up and running, with AT&T, my advice is to NOT give up. When I ordered it in the fall of 2008 (a little over a year ago), they made service call after service call. I'd have TV and internet for a while, and then it would go off for several hours... or several minutes. I was "resetting", "rebooting" their equipment almost every day. It was maddening. FINALLY, after 2 months of this, this one tech came out and looked at the box on the corner of my house (which others had done), did some tweaking, and said--- "You won't any more trouble now." "Why? What did you do?" He says, "The [something or other wire] was grounded. It's not supposed to be grounded." And that was that.

It's been PERFECT!! I've never lost service since.

Oh, and during that transition stage, they worked with me on the billing--- adjustments for days when I had lapses in service.

Once they get the bugs worked out, it'll all be worth it.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:09 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
Wow - came home this morning from working out, and the AT&T van was in my driveway. The guy was packing up, but said he'd be back - he had just surveyed and added cabling, and would be back with more parts to finish up. He was back around 1 pm, and added the outside NID and the interior power supply. The other tech that does the actual install will finish the interior connections. He was very nice.

Monday I have an appointment with the second tech...

Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 PM

898 posts, read 2,896,096 times
Default Feeling Time Warner's Sting, need an alternative

hey guys, I dont know how much we can keep TW cable, whoever has dish network or direct tv, tell me what kind of packages you have, are you happy with what you have? thanks

Old 06-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Here's a link to a similar thread from about this time last year in this forum:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...satellite.html

Old 06-12-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Here's a link to a similar thread from about this time last year in this forum:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...satellite.html
I had a feeling there was a thread about this. thanks. seems like direct tv is the winner

Old 06-12-2010, 11:09 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
I had a feeling there was a thread about this. thanks. seems like direct tv is the winner
I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks on Direct TV. We got offered 210 channels, free Showtime for a year, free Starz for 3 months, free installation, the local channels, and 70 or 90 (who really cares?) music channels and it bottomed out at $57 a month. It will go up by $29 a month after 1 year. 2 year contract. This includes one HD DVR, and setup on 4 TVs. We were so sick of TW going up on us all the time....and for what? So, we tried the Clear (internet--which we're keeping) ditching the home phone (absolutely don't need one) and we were redboxing or Netflixing. Well, that didn't last. So, now we're doing Clear and Direct and that's my final answer. Gonna cancel Netflix tomorrow. They're OK, but they really need to offer more stuff instantly.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks on Direct TV. We got offered 210 channels, free Showtime for a year, free Starz for 3 months, free installation, the local channels, and 70 or 90 (who really cares?) music channels and it bottomed out at $57 a month. It will go up by $29 a month after 1 year. 2 year contract. This includes one HD DVR, and setup on 4 TVs. We were so sick of TW going up on us all the time....and for what? So, we tried the Clear (internet--which we're keeping) ditching the home phone (absolutely don't need one) and we were redboxing or Netflixing. Well, that didn't last. So, now we're doing Clear and Direct and that's my final answer. Gonna cancel Netflix tomorrow. They're OK, but they really need to offer more stuff instantly.
tell me more about Clear

Old 06-12-2010, 11:18 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,134,615 times
I have had DirecTV for a year. I have had Time Warner, Grande Cable, and Dish Network. DirecTv is BY FAR the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio