Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:16 AM

4,358 posts, read 7,262,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
and the box in my bedroom is dead already. Not off to a very good start. Hopefully they have service centers like TWC where you can swap the box out.
No, they don't. They'll have to schedule a technician visit to your house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 07:02 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,424,403 times
I fortunately got an appointment for today between 12-4, but the guy said they may be there before 12 or after 4.. brilliant
where is the tech support out of anyhow? He used "tree" for three, so he's probably not from SA. I know that's three in Serbo-Croatian, but his accent wasn't Serb at all.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:46 AM

604 posts, read 1,532,403 times
The switch is not going good for us...they keep coming out and doing some work, then say they had a problem and will be back. We never know when, but then they just show up and work a little more...2 wks later still no ATT service. And every time we call, we get different answers. some say they dont service our area, then someone else will say yes we do. Yes you can keep your old phone number, oh no you cant.... really wondering now is the crap I get from TW less than the crap I am getting from ATT

Old 01-14-2010, 05:14 AM

The service really isn't anything special. I'll probably hold out for my $400 card and then go back. Plus I still can't remember the new freaking phone number. I'll stick around if they get the ability to rewind on every TV, though. I just don't watch the main TV (the one the DVR is on) all that often and rarely record anything. I mostly like the ability to rewind so I can hear something again.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 AM

667 posts, read 1,569,401 times
For me, AT&T's (Uverse) program guide is a huge improvement over TW. And the lag time between channel changing is almost non-existent. Any time something has gone wrong (the wireless died in the gateway- strangest problem, tech support didn't believe me), they had someone at my house within 2 days (sometimes the next morning).

Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 AM

the lack of lag is much better and I like the program guide, except I keep screwing up the buttons and almost recording the show. I used their service once when a box died after one day and they were out the next day.
I really miss my RR Turbo speed, though. It was more than three times faster and yeah, I actually use that at times.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:06 PM

15 posts, read 31,210 times
I won't even begin to describe the madness i've been through with time warner.. and theres nothing I can do, because as much as i want Uverse, they don't service my apartment complex on the north east side. so looks like im stuck here bent over while they fist me..

Old 02-01-2010, 09:29 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,431,238 times
On hold with ATT - I ordered their U-Verse/Phone/Internet package in December, the tech came out Jan 7 and found that this house doesn't have an incoming line box (NID) required for DSL. So they're on backorder. It's Feb 1, and I've been on the phone for about 45 minutes! I'm considering dumping the order and sweet-talking TWC. *sigh

Old 02-01-2010, 10:32 AM

604 posts, read 1,532,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
On hold with ATT - I ordered their U-Verse/Phone/Internet package in December, the tech came out Jan 7 and found that this house doesn't have an incoming line box (NID) required for DSL. So they're on backorder. It's Feb 1, and I've been on the phone for about 45 minutes! I'm considering dumping the order and sweet-talking TWC. *sigh
This is where we started with ATT, we ordered end of Dec, still dont have it, have some of the hardware installed, but still no service.... I guess we are going to have to stick with the garbage we get from TW

Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,825,961 times
What I'm wondering is why some of you folks put up with ATT and TWC's garbage when you could have DirecTV installed today?

Better PQ. More channels. Cheaper packages. Higher rated customer service from JD Power. Why anyone would wait two weeks for equipment to be installed is ridiculous. Just tell them to flip off, come get their stuff and that you've decided to deal with a company who doesn't treat their customers like beta-testing guinea pigs.

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio