Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 02:47 PM

106 posts, read 153,097 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if this has been discussed today... we just go to Panera Bread and are using a friend's laptop. We are in 78253 and have had no Time Warner service for 15 hrs... no house phone, cable, internet. Can't get through on cell, either. Anyone else in the same boat? We never lost power, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 04:02 PM

166 posts, read 571,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaircedarbank View Post
Forgive me if this has been discussed today... we just go to Panera Bread and are using a friend's laptop. We are in 78253 and have had no Time Warner service for 15 hrs... no house phone, cable, internet. Can't get through on cell, either. Anyone else in the same boat? We never lost power, though.
I did lose power for a couple of minutes, but mine is working.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:52 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,464,466 times
Yeah...all our neighbors are complaining that their DVR boxes and TWC are not working (we live in 78253)...we did have one lightening strike (or HUGE clap of thunder) that made the house shake and actually caused the smoke/fire alarms to go off for about 10 seconds afterwards that is probably to blame.

We have ATT and no issues at all! Just another reason to be happy we left TWC. I HAD to laugh when I called and told them since NEW customers were being offered better rates than us that had been with them forever and I was thinking of switching...the sales rep tells me "oh, that is just an INTRODUCTORY rate..they will jack the price up on you". REALLY???? Like you haven't???? And just WHY do you think we are having this conversation.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:49 AM

106 posts, read 153,097 times
We got it back after 17 hrs... something about a node or nodule that got hit; I'm not sure. We're thinking of switching ourselves.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:28 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,787,367 times
I only use TW for cable internet and nothing else. While I have some issues with the way they keep raising prices, I am pretty much stuck with them because Uverse isn't offered in my 'hood.

I understand switching service because of pricing or service issues, but it is another thing to switch just because they couldn't control mother nature from zapping a line or node of theirs. I only get upset over things they were able to control, not what they couldn't control.

The customer is always right though.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 AM

332 posts, read 529,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

We have ATT and no issues at all!

in this city, while both companies are bad... this is the lesser of the 2 evils (i have ATT as well). the worst thats happened is my DSL password was changed about 2 weeks after i moved to my new house (actually the modem got an update and it blanked everything). i had to call and deal with 'scott' from india who had a thick, thick accent.. but after an hour i perservered and i was back online.

during storms, i rarely lose power and as far as i know and have witnessed, my DSL line has never dropped or lost sync during heavy storms.

time warner is just as bad as wal mart is, so why even bother to give them any of your money?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:22 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,823,408 times
Why we're debating 'who's better' between two massive Fortune 500 companies is laughable. They both care about the bottom line... And that's always not you getting the best service. All you can do is hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. It sounds like the OP was dealing with nature and not TWC as the culprit. It happens, as it does with airlines. They can't control that.

That being said, I only take internet from TWC: So far, no issues in the 5+ years I've had it and their new wideband speeds are the fastest in town (50mbps+). It's consistent and I'm happy, but I know that has a lot to do with location, quality of initial install and equipment.

BN

Old 08-21-2012, 11:25 AM

258 posts, read 324,024 times
I hate disruptions in service...We are a society that cannot live without these modern ammenities and conveniences...Thank GOD for our smart phones!

Last edited by jeffutsa2001; 08-21-2012 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-21-2012, 11:36 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,675,512 times
I live in 78253 and didn't have any interruption. However, I have noticed different channels freezing for a couple of minutes for several weeks now. DVR box problem or satellite problem at TWC???

Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,823,408 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

I have a business account with them, so yes, I can do everything your slow DSL line can do (ie, static status) and I'm also not within the general TWC residential pipeline. As long as I continue to get 50+, it's worth every penny I spend and then some.

BN

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-22-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio