Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 06:00 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PylesinAZ View Post
What do you consider high?
My wife and I are moving from Tucson, AZ and are interested in San Antonio. You have homestead exemptions right? Doesn't that make the tax smaller?
Figure around 2.5% (give or take a little) for the property tax. Yes, we have homestead exemptions. Tax is still considered "high" due to having no state income tax.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 06:01 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
Well PAKA, looks like we will be neighbors. My wife and I signed a contract on a new build and move in at the end of September.
Thanks for all your input. The home was started last week.
We can't wait.
GREAT! We will have you two over for some of my DH fantastic BBQ once we are both settled in!! Nice to know we will have more great neighbors!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PylesinAZ View Post
What do you consider high?
My wife and I are moving from Tucson, AZ and are interested in San Antonio. You have homestead exemptions right? Doesn't that make the tax smaller?
The "current" property tax rate for that area is 2.112194% on the appraised value. This rate could go up a little as the taxing authorities have not set their rates for 2009 yet. The Homestead exemption will only save you a little more than $200; however, it will limit appraised values to no more than 10% increases each year, though this does not imply that values always go up more than that each year.

Property tax rates and house values can be found in BCAD.org. You can do a property search by listing the street name (I used Desert Palm as an example).

Old 08-24-2009, 08:52 PM

325 posts, read 1,020,124 times
Default Del Webb Hill Country Retreat Photos

I noticed last month people were searching for photos of Del Webb's Hill Country Retreat. I was looking all over the web too and could not find out too much about or see many photos. I am attempting to load the photos. Forgive me if I don't do it correctly. I resized them all, so hopefully they won't be too big.

I spoke to a very nice salesman (feel free to PM me if you would like his name) who took the time to take these photos for me and answer alot of questions about the community. It is not a golf community, seems more nature. HOA fees are $1260 per year. He also sent me photos of some vacant lots, but we are still looking for an transfer for my husband in San Antonio, Austin or possibly Sarasota, but Texas seems to have my heart.

I am hoping we can visit Texas soon. I really wanted to see how tough the 100+ weather was, but I think we will miss that. We have had a VERY cool summer here in Wisconsin. I wore my winter "cozies" for the last couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails
Del Webb-hill-country-retreat-approach.jpg   Del Webb-hill-country-retreat-bridge-view.jpg   Del Webb-hill-country-retreat-road-1-view.jpg   Del Webb-hill-country-retreat-street-view.jpg   Del Webb-hill-country-retreat.jpg  

Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 AM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times
[attach]Del Webb-hill-country-2.jpg[/attach]
Attached Thumbnails
Del Webb-hill-country.jpg  

Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 AM

Del Webb-hill-country-3.jpg

Del Webb-hill-country-4.jpg

Del Webb-hill-country-5.jpg

Del Webb-hill-country-6.jpg

Del Webb-hill-country-7.jpg

Del Webb-hill-country-8.jpg

Old 08-25-2009, 02:08 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Great pics of some of the amenities.

We closed yesterday morning and started our move-in yesterday. Movers come for the large furniture pcs today...we are too excited to get to spend our first night there tonite.

Had dinner with the neighbors (so sweet) last night, then did some more unpacking, and took a little stroll around the neighborhood in our golf cart...neighbors wave if you are walking, driving, or just sitting on the front porch. This area is really best put as "likeminded kids playing together" is the feel it conveys...we all are very happy to enjoy our little "slice of heaven" so close to work, shopping and everything else we need. The quiet out there, lack of traffic noise and traffic in general gives you a "totally escaped to some little place in the hill country" feel.

GregandVicky, you will have to let us know when you arrive and hurry and get your tickets (if you do not already have them) for the Dies Se Says celebration on 12 Sept...dinner, dancing and good fun.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:23 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Anything lower than 3.00 is great, to me! In Houston, you'd be paying at least that in property taxes for a new neighborhood. I am so excited about having lower property taxes when we move to SA!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Anything lower than 3.00 is great, to me! In Houston, you'd be paying at least that in property taxes for a new neighborhood. I am so excited about having lower property taxes when we move to SA!
Well, we don't hear that very often! This is the lowest amount of property tax I've ever paid as well...in the US at least. That would include rentals in CA and having previously lived in NY and NJ.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Great pics of some of the amenities.

We closed yesterday morning and started our move-in yesterday. Movers come for the large furniture pcs today...we are too excited to get to spend our first night there tonite.

Had dinner with the neighbors (so sweet) last night, then did some more unpacking, and took a little stroll around the neighborhood in our golf cart...neighbors wave if you are walking, driving, or just sitting on the front porch. This area is really best put as "likeminded kids playing together" is the feel it conveys...we all are very happy to enjoy our little "slice of heaven" so close to work, shopping and everything else we need. The quiet out there, lack of traffic noise and traffic in general gives you a "totally escaped to some little place in the hill country" feel.

GregandVicky, you will have to let us know when you arrive and hurry and get your tickets (if you do not already have them) for the Dies Se Says celebration on 12 Sept...dinner, dancing and good fun.
Afraid we will miss the party. We close 9/28. Currently packing. Cannot wait, but 5 weeks to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio