Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
No, fortunately I am not on a "major" street. However, the amount of blue paint seems excessive considering the condition of many of those boards. Seems like a good time for one of those mid-year meetings that were supposedly going to supplement the annual meeting.
Going back to my earlier post...what does the large blue dots mean? They are on old AND new boards.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:35 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Good Evening Steel Man- If you read post #1420 you will see what I was told today. I forgot to ask about the Blue Dots. It is odd that they are on new boards. Someone out there must have One Hell of a Level to see all those uneven misaligned boards.

* I just sent an email to the BOD, Community Manager, and HOA Staff concerning the Town Hall Meetings that Mr. Severs mentioned at the 2009 Annual Meeting. I'll let you all know what the reply reads.

Well everyone its off to bed for me. I've got to go back to work in the morning after a long week off.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 PM

242 posts, read 666,185 times
I have an idea - if the HOA is making you (I am no longer a WC resident) pay for the replacement of the boards they've marked up, why not lodge a complaint with BC about the "graffitti" they have put there. I mean, it's apparently your fence, and they did put paint on it....

Old 08-03-2009, 09:43 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
I didn't see anything on the news about an incident here in WC. Maybe it was just a domestic thing, like the wife telling the husband to get the damn boat our of the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amye1158 View Post
I have an idea - if the HOA is making you (I am no longer a WC resident) pay for the replacement of the boards they've marked up, why not lodge a complaint with BC about the "graffitti" they have put there. I mean, it's apparently your fence, and they did put paint on it....
I thought the same thing

Old 08-04-2009, 08:10 AM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amye1158 View Post
Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea. If you have a Former Common Fence, I recommend this!

Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 PM

Good Evening All-

Although I we do not have a Former Common Fence I'm on the sides of you that do.

I called the office this afternoon in an attempt to answer the question about the Blue Dots. I was told the dots indicate two things. 1. The boards need to be replaced (Gosh most of them are brand new) 2. They need to be stained (Go Figure that one out- Thats a No Brainer)

I also sent the BOD an email last night about the Town Hall meetings and my reply came today. It appears that there will be one either September 21st or 28th. Those are both Monday's which to me is a bad day to have a meeting. I would have hoped they would be on a Sat. at a good time so more people could attend. Like a lot of you my workday ends at 5 and then there's a 45min to 1 hour drive home (that's on a good day) from downtown.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,680,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
...I called the office this afternoon in an attempt to answer the question about the Blue Dots. I was told the dots indicate two things. 1. The boards need to be replaced (Gosh most of them are brand new) 2. They need to be stained (Go Figure that one out- Thats a No Brainer)...
This whole fence thing is turning into a goat rope. Now, how are you going to stain a fence picket that has a large dark blue dot on it? Are they going to stain ONLY the ones with dots on them? Another cost saving measure? Where's the uniformity of the fences if everyone does their own thing repairing their fence. A good past example is the homeowner fence replacement at Saxonhill and Military Drive West (on the North side). It has no topping and the boards are narrower. Does it look like the other fences on Military Drive West? NO! Expect more of the same.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Steel Man- Yesterday when I called the office I asked about the staining. It appeared that this part of the venture in unclear. I did suggest like you the need for uniformity and the fact that it needs to be done all at once. I said if not we will have miles of patchy looking fence. If you look at the fences they were looking that way prior to the BOD decision.

Yes I agree we will have fences that will have their own originality.

This is one of the subjects that I touched on when I inquired about the Town Hall Style Meetings. It is sad that we were told that the BOD would have 2-3 of the meetings throughout the year and here it is August.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 AM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
I say fire the entire BOD. Seems to me that there is a clause somewhere in the standards about the majority present at a meeting being able to remove any BOD member for any reason by a majority vote. Have to look that one up again.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM

276 posts, read 970,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
... boards need to be replaced (Gosh most of them are brand new)...
I noticed that too. But on close inspection, many of them were installed improperly. I saw one set of boards that were cut short, so they were "fixed" by installing a horizontal board along the bottom.

This is what we can expect when homeowners are in charge of repairs. Not everyone is an ace with a tape measure and saw. So I would expect to see many more repair jobs like this. It's also the reason the HOA NEEDS TO HANDLE REPAIRS. Otherwise we are going to have a patchwork of half-ass work. And I really do not blame the homeowner. Everyone is trying to save a buck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio