Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2023, 08:46 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,232,561 times

Advertisements

Well, this morning, I had to escape to work because the constant reel of kitten antics were driving me crazy. From awaking me at 0125 by peeing on the bed to deciding it was time to get up then and not be in the Mistress Citadel for the night, to being hard to feed them, etc, etc, etc..

Now, I suppose, if I didn't have to work, I would have pulled some Jed I mind trick to calm me down.......but is that part of it, to find some reason, useful or not, to get out of the house? Is that easier than employing mental training?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2023, 10:18 AM

7,894 posts, read 3,499,233 times
Peeing on the bed is a real cry for help. That cat wants some attention/love. Something in her routine was not honored

I somehow broke my foot so my cats will be lucky to get the bare bones for I don't know how long.

Old 12-06-2023, 10:38 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,232,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Peeing on the bed is a real cry for help. That cat wants some attention/love. Something in her routine was not honored

I somehow broke my foot so my cats will be lucky to get the bare bones for I don't know how long.
Went to be without giving everyone treats? Didn't change the kitty litters? Stopped her kitten time too soon after my shower? Marking her territory of the bed that it is hers and hers alone? "Mommy! Calvin looked at me funny!".....who can tell with cats.

Old 12-06-2023, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Went to be without giving everyone treats? Didn't change the kitty litters? Stopped her kitten time too soon after my shower? Marking her territory of the bed that it is hers and hers alone? "Mommy! Calvin looked at me funny!".....who can tell with cats.
It's easier to tell with cat than cats.

My 17-year-old cat has done what you described one time (she honored it with an additional #2) during the time I was having hardwood floors installed and her world was completely disrupted.

Old 12-06-2023, 12:04 PM

10,148 posts, read 6,551,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I've used the bottom shelf as a step stool.
I've been known to climb shelves at WalMart when I used to shop in person. However, since they started online ordering I really haven't set food in a grocery store except for Wegmans, and they have loads of helpful store personnel who cater to short old bags like me.

Old 12-06-2023, 12:09 PM

10,148 posts, read 6,551,364 times
Quote:
Sorry, but that sounds sus to me. It's not like you've had your cats for a short time and they're just getting acclimated to each other or the house. Peeing on the bed can be a sign of a medical issue that requires a vet visit. Frankly, you can always tell with cats, IMHO. They're very transparent with expressing their feelings.

Old 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Sorry, but that sounds sus to me. It's not like you've had your cats for a short time and they're just getting acclimated to each other or the house. Peeing on the bed can be a sign of a medical issue that requires a vet visit. Frankly, you can always tell with cats, IMHO. They're very transparent with expressing their feelings.
I think they are voting for retirement and more time dedicated to them.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:39 PM

22,165 posts, read 13,320,157 times
I second the vet visit suggestion. Both peeing on the bed and "being hard to feed" can mean serious medical problems.

Old 12-08-2023, 07:05 AM

37,835 posts, read 46,419,524 times
Quote:
Well, this morning, I had to escape to work because the constant reel of kitten antics were driving me crazy. From awaking me at 0125 by peeing on the bed to deciding it was time to get up then and not be in the Mistress Citadel for the night, to being hard to feed them, etc, etc, etc..

Now, I suppose, if I didn't have to work, I would have pulled some Jed I mind trick to calm me down.......but is that part of it, to find some reason, useful or not, to get out of the house? Is that easier than employing mental training?
Ewwww. Why in the world are your animals on your bed? Peeing? That's gross.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 12-08-2023 at 07:15 AM..

Old 12-08-2023, 07:53 AM

5,295 posts, read 3,662,836 times
Indiscriminate peeing can be a symptom of feline diabetes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement