Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 03:32 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,033,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I think he's hinting that your broken door lock could be replaced by any good body shop.

BTW, don't let a bodger give you a lock that does not match the other keys for the truck. My F-350, a 1975 model, has one key for both doors and the ignition.
THAT?

MY GOD! THAT WAS YEARS AGO! Did I not say

"Finally, ideally, the Grand Tour should be done with a cooler in the vehicle and that vehicle should be the F-250 since I am hauling 200 lbs of kitty litter. The problem? One of the parking lots was where someone tried to steal the F-250, punched the door lock when there was one, many years ago. I am apprehensive of taking my F-250, popular with traffickers, into the southern lands, closer to the border........"

The truck is now a keyless system and alarms to boot!

Nevertheless, the truck is very dear to me and taking it back into the region where I almost lost it does make me think twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2023, 03:47 PM

22,616 posts, read 47,741,590 times
Your post was ambiguous at best.

From what you wrote, we had NO idea you were talking about a truck you no longer own.
You made it sound like a truck you still have and didn't bother to repair.

You really need to be more clear and keep out the extraneous.

Old 12-04-2023, 04:11 PM

458 posts, read 309,038 times
I ranch, so even though I've reached retirement age, the cows and goats don't care, and for a rancher retirement usually comes when they pack you off the place feet first. That said, I live a long way from town and usually go only for parts, and get groceries at that time. There are a lot of times when my road is impassible from snow, or when rain or snowmelt tears it out.
I can make fewer trips now since i can order stuff online and have it delivered. During planting and harvest, I'll make a couple trips to town a week, During the winter, if I go more than once a month, thats unusual.

I will say theres a small bar not too far away that has a limited menu, but if i feel the need to socialize, I can always find someone there for an hour or so of talking.

I really hate going into town, so I do it as rarely as I can.

Old 12-04-2023, 05:39 PM

37,648 posts, read 46,067,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Your post was ambiguous at best.

From what you wrote, we had NO idea you were talking about a truck you no longer own.
You made it sound like a truck you still have and didn't bother to repair.

You really need to be more clear and keep out the extraneous.
That will never happen.

Old 12-04-2023, 06:46 PM

7,668 posts, read 3,295,835 times
I like the way Tamara talks. And, she is not mean like a lot of other people are. So, I think she should just do her (as is).

Old 12-04-2023, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I like the way Tamara talks. And, she is not mean like a lot of other people are. So, I think she should just do her (as is).
True, but then she shouldn’t yell at us (all caps above), when her comments are misunderstood.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:38 PM

Quote:
True, but then she shouldn’t yell at us (all caps above), when her comments are misunderstood.
I did not see that as yelling. I saw her excited someone remembered something so far in the past.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I did not see that as yelling.
But it is, and it has been for a long time.
Google "all caps yelling?" and you see all sorts of agreement that it is shouting/yelling.

Old 12-04-2023, 09:00 PM

Quote:
But it is, and it has been for a long time.
Google "all caps yelling?" and you see all sorts of agreement that it is shouting/yelling.
Not everyone knows that. All caps can be used for emphasis.

Bold, italics, and all caps should be used sparingly. They're intended for emphasis and if everything (i.e.: a whole paragraph) is all caps/bold/italic, nothing is emphasized. Italicization is used for gentle emphasis, bold is used for heavier emphasis. All caps are another alternative means of emphasis.

Old 12-04-2023, 10:11 PM

21,966 posts, read 13,019,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Retirement, where every day is Saturday
You may find Saturdays cease to be special when "every day is Saturday."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement