Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 06:01 PM

81 posts, read 103,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Any normal American knows that referring to it as a "lifestyle" is an insult to gay people.
lol just called 3 friends (Gay) amd no it is not to them but maby you have ishues to work out with your self. I am not upset when someone says I have a straight lifestyle. Being gay can didtate some of the typical way of life same for a straight person.

lifestyle:

the typical way of life of an individual, group, or culture
from webster.com

Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
1. It has already been proven that "gay is OK", for gays, of course. This has been shown ad nauseum.
In what way has it been proven? Just because you say it is ok?

Quote:
2. I brought up the fact that gay is illegal in those areas of the world under religious and/or totalitarian rule. You attempted to distract from that issue by bringing up ancient cultures, who, incidentally, didn't all believe the world flat. Now you're attempting to redirect and distract again.
The ancient cultures had nothing to do with ME or china it had to do with a way of thinking. nothing is good or bad because of out history. Most countries solve problems with violence today...does that mean it is the correct thing to do?

Quote:
What my point was, since I must apperently spell it out for you, is that the anti-gay movement is largley religiously motivated, by, mind you, the two youngest religions on the planet.
Agree I have never deputed this fact.

Quote:
3. Feel free to show where I ever stated you were "anti-gay". Confused perhaps, perhaps purposly lying to yourself because you know it's wrong to hate on people for their sexual orientation but cannot, at this time, reconcile that with your religious world-view.
NO sorry my religious beliefs and my view towards gay people have stayed the same for many years now and they do not conflict. Thus I have been involved in many many gay rights actions.

Quote:
A bigot does not have to actively demonstrate outward hatred.

This is the reason why I suggested you go through some self-examination.
I do not have any hatred towards gay people that is why it hurts me so when you call me such things as a bigot.

Quote:
Is your confusion due to an inate realization that religion doesn't justify bigotry towards gays?
LOL Nope!! Please read
HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: CONSERVATIVE AND LIBERAL VIEWS

Quote:
a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

You meet the first portion of the above definition to a T.
again yes I am intolerant like I have stated befor that is why I march,protest,and have a gay godfather for my daughter!!!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry, kid, I ain't buying it.

The average gay person has no "lifestyle or behaviors" any different from average John Q. Public.

You need to work on your venacular, and drop the anti-gay rhetoric.

If you are truely, as you say, not anti-gay.

Wrong
It is proven that just by physical behaviors a straight and gay person can be distinguished from more then 82% of the time. You best buy it it is science!!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:09 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,258,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambene View Post
lol just called 3 friends (Gay) amd no it is not to them but maby you have ishues to work out with your self. I am not upset when someone says I have a straight lifestyle. Being gay can didtate some of the typical way of life same for a straight person.

lifestyle:

the typical way of life of an individual, group, or culture
from webster.com
Wow. You happen to know the only three gay people who don't think "the gay lifestyle" is an insult? And never in my life have I ever heard anyone refer to the "straight lifestyle".

The reason this is an insult is because it suggests that being gay is some choice in lifestyle, like eating healthy, playing sports, living in the country, etc. What is meant by "the gay lifestyle" is that all homosexual men have hundreds of sex partners per year, are always in bars drinking and looking for sex, disease-ridden, do drugs, and are predators. Which, in case you were wondering, isn't the truth.

What's your point in being here and arguing with people? I'm just bored and have a little time to kill.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Uh... yes, you did! What are you, 15 years old?
I am 26 with a MBA and oh I said some people think when did I say I think. You hate monger

Old 01-02-2010, 06:11 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,258,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambene View Post
I am 26 with a MBA and oh I said some people think when did I say I think. You hate monger
LOL! You're almost funny

Old 01-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
There's no point arguing with you. You're either very young and immature, or mentally challenged. I'm not saying that as an insult, but because your posts mostly make no sense and seem very immature.
Ya that's not disrespecting me for no reason at all. I do nothing but support the gay community and this is how you respond? I wish you would learn to make a reason for why you believe something rather then just justifying it by saying hurtful thing and trying to not answer the question.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Wow. You happen to know the only three gay people who don't think "the gay lifestyle" is an insult? And never in my life have I ever heard anyone refer to the "straight lifestyle".

The reason this is an insult is because it suggests that being gay is some choice in lifestyle, like eating healthy, playing sports, living in the country, etc. What is meant by "the gay lifestyle" is that all homosexual men have hundreds of sex partners per year, are always in bars drinking and looking for sex, disease-ridden, do drugs, and are predators. Which, in case you were wondering, isn't the truth.

What's your point in being here and arguing with people? I'm just bored and have a little time to kill.
No "the gay lifestyle" is not in reference to that for me just because you want it to be. Other then sexuality what do you think is not a choice for us?

Old 01-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
LOL! You're almost funny
About what? does the truth scare you?

Old 01-02-2010, 06:17 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,581,592 times
This seems to have become some kind of PC firing-squad directed against lambene. I'd like to defend you, but alas I'm less PC than you so any defense I give would only hurt you. Still I do think it's sad that merely asking questions or musing is worthy of pages of attack. You're certainly more pro-gay than I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.