Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 01:51 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,421,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambene View Post
I agree verry much about the history of "marriage". I was just pointing out that clergy might have made it "Necessary" for them to be involved for a financial reason. LOL I know marriage dates back as far as we can tell. In my opinion I do not need a "Man of the cloth" in order for me to go to God about anything. Whether it is prayer, forgiveness of sin, or marriage.

I also was not answering my own question I was trying to put my self in your shoes (Empathy) and those are the 2 main reasons I could come up with. Again it boils down to a matter of respect!!

I on top of it all agree that ALL the same legal rights should be afforded a "gay" and "straight" union of what ever type you wish to call it. That point is a fundamental truth that is an abomination to are humanity for being ignored!!!!
Can I be any more clear on this point?
Clergy are merely state sanctioned and licensed Marriage Officiants, something I think msot epopel forget.

And "your shoes"? I've been married for over 20 years and I am a grandfather, so how is something in "my shoes"?

Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 PM

81 posts, read 103,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Clergy are merely state sanctioned and licensed Marriage Officiants, something I think msot epopel forget.

And "your shoes"? I've been married for over 20 years and I am a grandfather, so how is something in "my shoes"?

sorry that part was to sanspeur and his comment

Old 01-03-2010, 02:11 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,238,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, it's not. It is a legal contract, (ceremony optional) I was married once in church and once in the city clerks office.

Yes it is...it is religious...it is supose to be honoured by way of oaths, under a God who preforms the cleansing of the two "MALE AND FEMALE" entities that enter under it...it is to purify the incestual impurity of the rejoining of the same family...to make more of the self....and God is promised over it, so they learn, and fulfill the will of God by way of his authoruty and laws upheld......and God makes the unsound sound...the unclean clean...the wrong right...
That is the wedlock and oath under God...supposed to be preformed by Holy elected of God...

But this has been infiltrated, and defiled by all...for they nolonger uphold their oaths (devorce)(adultary), and they now let in any and all manner of debased and unnatural...To preform it...over those who seek the blessings of God...So as to curse in stead...and bring forth the Opposite estate...unholy for holy...unnatural for natural...etc....etc

Why?

To corrupt the DNA and spirit of Humankind...so it mutates into something unclean, and unholy...
To twist the truth so much, that Lies and liars rule...

As it is already so...????
Yep Religious...but now somehow bent to an anti or opposite demeaner it would seem....I wonder what will be born through that mockery?

Oh when will they ever learn?
Where have all the flowers Gone?.

Last edited by Sir Les; 01-03-2010 at 02:30 PM..

Old 01-03-2010, 02:21 PM

125 posts, read 302,256 times
Why?

To corrupt the DNA and spirit of Humankind...so it mutates into something unclean, and unholy...

Do tell more, Sir Les.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:24 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,212,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Yes it is...it is religious...it is supose to be honoured by way of oaths, under a God who preforms the cleansing of the two "MALE AND FEMALE" entities that enter under it...it is to purify the incestual inpurity of the rejoining of the same family...to make more of the self....and God is promised over it...and God makes the unsound sound...the unclean clean...the wrong right...
That is the wedlock and oath under God...supposed to be preformed by Holy elect...

But this has been infiltrated, and defiled by all...for they nolonger uphold their oaths, and they now let in any and all manner of debased and unnatural...

Why?

Yep Religious...but now somehow bent to an anti or opposite demeaner it would seem....I wonder what will be born through that mockery?
No it is not necessarily religious...Only for those that want it to be.....As for the rest of your post, I am far to old to believe in ghosts, spirits and all that other make believe stuff.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:41 PM

I would believe that if you are married in a church or by a pastor or any other religious figure it would be considered "religious" . What do you guys think?

Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,212,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambene View Post
I would believe that if you are married in a church or by a pastor or any other religious figure it would be considered "religious" . What do you guys think?
Yeah, so what has this to do with the OP? Do you think churches won't perform gay weddings? They will... Gays in Canada have the choice of religious or secular marriage.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:12 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,421,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Yes it is...it is religious...it is supose to be honoured by way of oaths, under a God who preforms the cleansing of the two "MALE AND FEMALE" entities that enter under it...it is to purify the incestual impurity of the rejoining of the same family...to make more of the self....and God is promised over it, so they learn, and fulfill the will of God by way of his authoruty and laws upheld......and God makes the unsound sound...the unclean clean...the wrong right...
That is the wedlock and oath under God...supposed to be preformed by Holy elected of God...

But this has been infiltrated, and defiled by all...for they nolonger uphold their oaths (devorce)(adultary), and they now let in any and all manner of debased and unnatural...To preform it...over those who seek the blessings of God...So as to curse in stead...and bring forth the Opposite estate...unholy for holy...unnatural for natural...etc....etc

Why?

As it is already so...????

Considering that your religion did not invent marriage, and in no way, shape, or form owns it, your entire post simply doesn't pertain to anyone BUT Christians who CHOOSE to include your god in their marriage.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah, so what has this to do with the OP? Do you think churches won't perform gay weddings? They will... Gays in Canada have the choice of religious or secular marriage.
Ya I know I have been to one!? What about it?

Old 01-03-2010, 04:23 PM

oh and Les you need to read your Bible with open eyes not a shut down heart. God/Jesus want us all to love one another and not judge!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.