Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 03:28 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,294,099 times

Advertisements

Thank goodness I live in Canada...This anti gay crap is no longer heard much up here.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:11 PM

81 posts, read 103,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You use the SAME exact phrases as the anti-gay community, in the manner of phrases often used and natural to you. You really need to go through some self-examination of your motives.

BTW, the Great Greek philosophers were one of the earliest people to prove a round earth using observation and mathematics. So this bit of your failed counter argument also fails.

What about the areas where gay is illegal in the ME and China? Are you going to address that or keep trying to distract?

What would you like me to self examine? My motives are simple.

Can anyone tell me: Is being "GAY' right and if so can you prove it?

Great Greek philosophers were one of the earliest people to prove a round earth using observation and mathematics...so that does not negat the fact you said most people thought the world was flat....YA and a lot thought homosexuality was ok. What are you trying to say?? IN ENGLISH NOT CIRCLE BABBLE??

What do you want me to "Address about ME and china?" do you want me to justify and rationalize there hate??

Ok so please give me one think I have said to show I am in any way anti gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by lambene; 01-02-2010 at 04:37 PM..

Old 01-02-2010, 04:36 PM

"You use the SAME exact phrases as the anti-gay community" what phrases are those? Saying that I am just asking a question, is that the statement? Because I am a philosopher and it is my job to ask questions so if asking a gay question makes me anti-gay then I am anti a lot of things.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambene View Post
"You use the SAME exact phrases as the anti-gay community" what phrases are those? Saying that I am just asking a question, is that the statement? Because I am a philosopher and it is my job to ask questions so if asking a gay question makes me anti-gay then I am anti a lot of things.
Only you can answer...Are you anti gay? Take the test below.

frontline: assault on gay america: how 'homophobic' are you?

Old 01-02-2010, 04:49 PM

24,533 posts, read 33,428,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

I don't like dentists; I guess I am anti-dentist!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

16 - Your score rates you as "high-grade non-homophobic."
was my score??

"was not going to state this because I feel it is just not good to say "Oh look at me look at what I do to help people" I have marched in 3 gay parades!!! A gay person is my child's godfather. I have not stated my opinion on the forum yet so I don't know how you can judge me. I have only asked questions and pointed out other people arguments, and how some arguments hold no merit."

Old 01-02-2010, 04:56 PM

I have not judged you...The only person one should judge is themselves.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:03 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,429,148 times
Quote:
What would you like me to self examine? My motives are simple.

Can anyone tell me: Is being "GAY' right and if so can you prove it?

Great Greek philosophers were one of the earliest people to prove a round earth using observation and mathematics...so that does not negat the fact you said most people thought the world was flat....YA and a lot thought homosexuality was ok. What are you trying to say?? IN ENGLISH NOT CIRCLE BABBLE??

What do you want me to "Address about ME and china?" do you want me to justify and rationalize there hate??

Ok so please give me one think I have said to show I am in any way anti gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. It has already been proven that "gay is OK", for gays, of course. This has been shown ad nauseum.

2. I brought up the fact that gay is illegal in those areas of the world under religious and/or totalitarian rule. You attempted to distract from that issue by bringing up ancient cultures, who, incidentally, didn't all believe the world flat. Now you're attempting to redirect and distract again.

What my point was, since I must apperently spell it out for you, is that the anti-gay movement is largley religiously motivated, by, mind you, the two youngest religions on the planet.

3. Feel free to show where I ever stated you were "anti-gay". Confused perhaps, perhaps purposly lying to yourself because you know it's wrong to hate on people for their sexual orientation but cannot, at this time, reconcile that with your religious world-view.

A bigot does not have to actively demonstrate outward hatred.

This is the reason why I suggested you go through some self-examination.

Is your confusion due to an inate realization that religion doesn't justify bigotry towards gays?

Old 01-02-2010, 05:05 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,429,148 times
Quote:
"homosexual behaviors and lifestyles" for one example, to keep things simple.

As to your "anti-gay" comments, refer to my last post.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:11 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,322,494 times
Quote:
NO I said "some believe homosexuality has a victim." please read before you type
YOU suggested that homosexuality has a victim. YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality