Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 12:47 PM
SyZ

151 posts, read 141,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
1) Utterly false

2) There is no god therefore no gods authority.

3) Again utterly false.

Your post is one of the least logical and less informed that I've read on this forum.

Good and bad is self evident. If you need a Bible to explain the difference between good and bad, then you lack the ability to make any decisions or judgements for yourself. I sincerely hope you don't think all the instructions in the Bible are to be followed. I would have thought your god gave you a brain that you should be using.

You claim that because I don't believe in Jesus (I actually do believe that Jesus was a real person. I do not believe he was the son of a non existent god), that I deserve all the same punishment as Putin.
And this you think is justice and logical.

It would be insulting frankly. Insulting in the sense of the complete lack of any justifiable reason to view a completely innocent person as being in the same league as a mass murderer. It's sick really and the opposite of moral. It's immoral. So fortunately I don't value your opinion at all.

I always have to wonder how anyone in this day and age thinks that this viewpoint would make anyone want to be a Christian. It would be the last religion I'd want to follow.

I don't know what you've been doing for the last 3 weeks but I've spent a large proportion of it making direct links with and supporting Ukranian families stuck in occupied parts of Ukraine.
And I'm not doing it because I think I'll go to hell if I don't.
I'm doing it because it's the right thing to do, using, you know, my atheistic, apparently non objective lack of knowledge of the difference between good and bad.
Anyway, carry on. I'm sure you have 'Christian' things to get on with like insulting people on the internet.
Yikes, you're full of hate, aren't you?

I think the last line sums it up - I've made two posts on here, both pointing out the logical consistency of how two people believing the same thing get the same outcome. You've mercilessly attacked my character, my God, my beliefs - and then somehow managed to claim that I'm the one insulting others.

From my perspective, what should I do if you were me?

- If I share the gospel with you, you simply respond you don't believe.
- If I don't share the gospel with you, I'm not obeying the Lord.
- If I continue the conversation with you, it continues to remain unfruitful.
- If I don't continue the conversation with you, it ended unfruitfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 12:56 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,697,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You are soon to feel the wrath of Gldn the Thin Skin with this one. Guarandamnteed!
My association with Cruithne on this board goes way back.
Stuff like this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/41989380-post13.html
And based upon those interactions, I could never have anything but a vibe of love and respect when I think of her.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:59 PM

51,462 posts, read 24,822,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ View Post

I think the last line sums it up - I've made two posts on here, both pointing out the logical consistency of how two people believing the same thing get the same outcome. You've mercilessly attacked my character, my God, my beliefs - and then somehow managed to claim that I'm the one insulting others.

So disagreeing with a christian perspective is hate?

Why do you feel the need to share (push) the gospel onto others? Don't you think people are intelligent enough to seek that if they wish? There are churches all over open to everyone. There are various online opportunities.

Why should I have to worry about you pleasing your Lord? He's not my lord. Does it bother you that I don't force Buddhist teachings on you? In a couple of real conversation about religion, I actually had christians put their hands over their ears if I talked about Buddhist beliefs, and others say they didn't want to hear what they considered to be blasphemy. But if we (meaning non-believers) don't want to hear about your religion, you think we are "full of hate", 'merciless attackers', and "insulting". That is called 'christian privilege'.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:12 PM

10,557 posts, read 6,217,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ View Post

No, the opposite actually. Read my post again. Objectively.

You can do exactly as you wish regarding sharing your gospel. It's a free world.

My advice for the future is don't go around telling atheists that atheists have no way of telling right from wrong and that we deserve the same punishment as Putin and not expect us to defend ourselves. It's very simple.

Old 03-18-2022, 01:45 PM

10,557 posts, read 6,217,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
My association with Cruithne on this board goes way back.
Stuff like this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/41989380-post13.html
And based upon those interactions, I could never have anything but a vibe of love and respect when I think of her.
Aww thanks for sharing that Gldn. Love ya!

I'd forgotten all about that thread.
Never more fitting than what is happening today.

Old 03-18-2022, 04:45 PM

6,114 posts, read 3,124,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Forcing your religion on others in pure ego, and if there was such a being as Satan, that abuse of your own ego would be exactly a tactic he would use.
But how praying for someone is equivalent to FORCING a religion onto them?
If I pray for you and don’t even tell you, how is that FORCING my religion on you?

Equally, if we go by your logic, then saying Good night, Good morning, Good evening, I wish you all the best, I wish you have a good day, etc are ALL attempts of forcing a religion onto others, no?

Old 03-18-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
No thd humble person would be the one to recognize that the other person does not believe in gods hence prayers are meaningless and then that humble person would then not push their prayers onto where they are not wanted. Your post indicates you believe that only believers beliefs are important

After my heartattack and before my surgery a person I do not know well sent me his prayers. I thanked him but it did not put a smile on my face. It is silly to think it would. Of course I thanked him the same as I did to all those who sent me their best wishes.I

Those of us that do not believe in any gods or goddesses also do not believe in any demons or satan or devils. If you wish to have respect for your religion do not push your belief in evil forces upon our lack of belief.
Interesting.
Please read above and kindly tell us what would you constitute as “prayers” or “praying for someone”?

Old 03-18-2022, 05:22 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,364,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Interesting.
Please read above and kindly tell us what would you constitute as “prayers” or “praying for someone”?
I think that when someone says I pray for you that would constitute praying for me. Not sure what else it could mean.

Old 03-18-2022, 05:30 PM

51,462 posts, read 24,822,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
But how praying for someone is equivalent to FORCING a religion onto them?
If I pray for you and don’t even tell you, how is that FORCING my religion on you?

Equally, if we go by your logic, then saying Good night, Good morning, Good evening, I wish you all the best, I wish you have a good day, etc are ALL attempts of forcing a religion onto others, no?
What did I say earlier? Let me quote myself from earlier in the thread: "What would be 'nicer' would be to not throw it in their face and simply pray in private for them".

Is there something not clear about that?

Old 03-18-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What did I say earlier? Let me quote myself from earlier in the thread: "What would be 'nicer' would be to not throw it in their face and simply pray in private for them".

Is there something not clear about that?
And as I saiid, many forms of greeting that we frequently use, are a form of prayers.

When someone wishes you “safe travels” (which is a short form of “I wish you have a safe trip”, what do you say in return?
“Don’t say it on my face”?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality