Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 10:58 AM

29,686 posts, read 9,877,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Nobody gets a pass for anything when they die. Everyone will be judged and held accountable.
Right. Nobody gets a pass for anything when they die, but part two of your statement needs fixing...

No one will be judged and held accountable for anything either. We'll die and all that matters after that will matter only to those still living. Putin and all the rest of us when we die will be finished business. Or so all the lack of evidence to the contrary seems to make most obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Only miserable haters think atheists posting on the internet is 'mean, mocking, insulting, bashing'.

You need to get hip to THAT.
After all this time, you can really have such a hope?

"You can't change the spots on a dog."

Old 03-17-2022, 11:02 AM

13,921 posts, read 8,191,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Dante wrote fiction.
One could argue that he did! Although fiction as a genre was in its infancy during Dante's time, La Vita Nuova could be loosely said to contain elements of it.

His works can be categorized under multiple genres.

The specific work I was referring to in the above post however is Divine Comedy, which is not fiction, but epic poetry.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Right. Nobody gets a pass for anything when they die, but part two of your statement needs fixing...

No one will be judged and held accountable for anything either. We'll die and all that matters after that will matter only to those still living. Putin and all the rest of us when we die will be finished business. Or so all the lack of evidence to the contrary seems to make most obvious.
I disagree that there is a lack of evidence to the contrary.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I disagree that there is a lack of evidence to the contrary.
You're doing it again...

Expressing opinion without justification. Time for me to sign off now, but between now and when I visit this forum again, perhaps you can share some of this evidence that suggests otherwise what happens to us after we die? Please. I've been considering all there is to consider along these lines for a long time now. Maybe I've missed something. Do tell.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:30 AM

51,465 posts, read 24,822,929 times
Quote:
You're doing it again...

Expressing opinion without justification. Time for me to sign off now, but between now and when I visit this forum again, perhaps you can share some of this evidence about what happens to us after we die? Maybe I've missed something...
It's the old "cuz i said so" principle at work.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:46 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,364,482 times
Quote:
Have you ever read Dante? I think he was onto something with regard to heaven and hell having varying "levels".
I have read Dante. Are you saying that Dante and not the Bible is the reference to how Putin will be judge?

I fail to understand why you do not answer questions directly.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:49 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,364,482 times
Quote:
One could argue that he did! Although fiction as a genre was in its infancy during Dante's time, La Vita Nuova could be loosely said to contain elements of it.

His works can be categorized under multiple genres.

The specific work I was referring to in the above post however is Divine Comedy, which is not fiction, but epic poetry.
Some of the Norse /Icelandic sagas and Beowolf were also epic poetry hence must be as truthful as Dante.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
You're doing it again...

Expressing opinion without justification. Time for me to sign off now, but between now and when I visit this forum again, perhaps you can share some of this evidence that suggests otherwise what happens to us after we die? Please. I've been considering all there is to consider along these lines for a long time now. Maybe I've missed something. Do tell.
I don't have a problem explaining why I believe something if I'm asked. I'm confused why some of you think that. Does every post of mine have to be a detailed essay backing up and justifying my every statement? I don't expect that of you, why do you expect that of me?

We make general statements, and we go deeper when prompted to. That's how discussion generally works.

As for the evidence I was referring to...

The most powerful and profound piece of evidence that there is life after bodily death is the Resurrection of Christ.

I would also consider the fact that belief in an afterlife is ubiquitous to humanity in all times and places as evidence. Like I said, faith itself is the evidence of the unseen. Throughout history in all times and places people have reported some type of contact with the dead. This also is ubiquitous.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I have read Dante. Are you saying that Dante and not the Bible is the reference to how Putin will be judge?
I think we can infer things from both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I fail to understand why you do not answer questions directly.
If I don't answer a question directly, maybe it's because I don't have a direct answer. In spite of what some posters here may think, I don't in fact know everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality