Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 11:55 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Some of the Norse /Icelandic sagas and Beowolf were also epic poetry hence must be as truthful as Dante.
?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 12:01 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
?

You used Dante as example of different levels of Hell but when questioned that it was fiction you responded that it was epic poetry.

So will, in your opinion, Putin be punished more that someone like me will supposedly be burning in Hell for ethernity?

It is rather a simple abd straight forward question.

Old 03-17-2022, 12:08 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
I don't have a problem explaining why I believe something if I'm asked. I'm confused why some of you think that. Does every post of mine have to be a detailed essay backing up and justifying my every statement? I don't expect that of you, why do you expect that of me?

We make general statements, and we go deeper when prompted to. That's how discussion generally works.

As for the evidence I was referring to...

The most powerful and profound piece of evidence that there is life after bodily death is the Resurrection of Christ.

I would also consider the fact that belief in an afterlife is ubiquitous to humanity in all times and places as evidence. Like I said, faith itself is the evidence of the unseen. Throughout history in all times and places people have reported some type of contact with the dead. This also is ubiquitous.
Not that anyone has to do this with every post, but you virtually ALWAYS state your beliefs as facts. That's a lot different than saying, "I believe that..."

Old 03-17-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So will, in your opinion, Putin be punished more that someone like me will supposedly be burning in Hell for ethernity?

It is rather a simple abd straight forward question.
I believe that everyone will be judged by their actions according to their culpability and unique circumstances, as that is the teaching of the Catholic Church.

I'm not going to presume to judge you or any other individual as I don't have the competence, nor is it my place.

I would advise you to examine yourself.

Old 03-17-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not that anyone has to do this with every post, but you virtually ALWAYS state your beliefs as facts. That's a lot different than saying, "I believe that..."
Welp, that's me. Take it or leave it.

I feel no compunction to issue a disclaimer with every post.

Old 03-17-2022, 02:06 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
I believe that everyone will be judged by their actions according to their culpability and unique circumstances, as that is the teaching of the Catholic Church.

I'm not going to presume to judge you or any other individual as I don't have the competence, nor is it my place.

I would advise you to examine yourself.
I believe that nothing different happens to evil dictators after they die. Instead of Heaven or Hell it will be Burial or Cremation.

I wont judge myself as I may be partially bias. However I do try to live a life as a good person as that makes this life a better one for me, my friends and family and society. And its the one life I do have, hopefully a longer one because of the bypass but still the only life I think I will have.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:02 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,131 times
Quote:
You see "haters" as those who don't agree with you and state so.

What would be 'nicer' would be to not throw it in their face and simply pray in private for them. But, of course, you're not trying to be nice. You're simply trying to be provocative.
Actually that’s interesting.

Praying for someone with good wishes is not considered a negative notion in any society. Neither is it illegal, rude, impolite or nefarious.

Your frowning to prayers is funny.
You get upset when someone prays for you to a God that you believe does not exist. I mean what’s the worst, you think, that could happen to you coming from a cosmic world? Nothing, right?

“I will pray for you” - on your face.
If I say that, there nothing you can do about it, can you?

Matter of fact, your notion reeks hypocrisy.
Don’t you ever wish anyone a good morning, good evening, Happy birthday, All the best etc?
These are all the wishes that you want to happen to someone - these are perhaps forms of prayers - otherwise who do you want to make those wishes come true? Some force may potentially make it happen, no? Otherwise what’s the point of wishing anyone anything?

Anyway, I pray for you!

Last edited by GoCardinals; 03-17-2022 at 09:37 PM..

Old 03-17-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Actually that’s interesting.

Praying for someone with good wishes is not considered a negative notion in any society. Neither is it illegal, rude, impolite or nefarious.

Your frowning to prayers is funny.
You get upset when someone prays for you to a God that you believe does not exist. I mean what’s the worst, you think, that could happen to you coming from a cosmic world? Nothing, right?

“I will pray for you” - on your face.
If I say that, there nothing you can do about it, can you?

Matter of fact, your notion reeks hypocrisy.
Don’t you ever wish anyone a good morning, good evening, Happy birthday, All the best etc?
These are all the wishes that you want to happen to someone - these are perhaps forms of prayers - otherwise who do you want to make those wishes come true? Some force may potentially make it happen, no? Otherwise what’s the point of wishing anyone anything?
If the other person doesn't want it, then actually the prayers you are saying are for your own personal benefit. But okay, if you wish, I will 'hope' that you who push your religion on others experience the karma you deserve.

Old 03-17-2022, 10:14 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,986 times
Quote:
I'm more than happy to point out your weaknesses.
I'm sure you are...it is obvious you are happy to exercise miserable & hateful ways. That's the essence of your whole game.
Most unfortunate. I will pray for you.

Old 03-17-2022, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I'm sure you are...it is obvious you are happy to exercise miserable & hateful ways. That's the essence of your whole game.
Most unfortunate. I will pray for you.
No you won't. You're just stirring things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality