Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your feelings on God?
I reject him 4 5.13%
I do not believe he exists 52 66.67%
I believe in him and believe he is the one and only true God 22 28.21%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 11:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual_Nomad View Post
I know I'm late to the party, but the writer of this poll is clearly biased. The option 'reject God' presumes that it exists because it's impossible to reject that which does not exist.

So, I selected the 'don't believe' option.
I certainly won't argue the OP's bias, knowing him as I do.

But I must dispute your conclusion as stated above, although "don't believe" is certainly a defensible option in the poll.

I chose the "reject God" option because I knew what concept of god the OP paid obeisance to and was referring to in his poll. And I have zero doubt that god doesn't, never has, and never will exist.

Hence - reject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 05:27 AM

50 posts, read 39,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Uganda. Straight from that prince who keeps trying to convince me we are relatives.

You have no power. You love to hate the English people? ahahahahahaha I am sad for your family, especially your wife and children. I will keep them in my thoughts this day. I will send them strength and light.
The people are the relatives, but not the English people. You darns. I have enough of you of the English.

Do.........You..........See.........My.........
Point..........?

I love to overlook things. You know me - a guy who hates to be burdened. But, but, there are just some people are so special........so.....unique, who won't be over....passed. What am I supposed to do? Dying on their crosses? Go find the filipinos to do that, would you?

Old 04-05-2015, 07:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,757,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveringMyArm399 View Post
The people are the relatives, but not the English people. You darns. I have enough of you of the English.

Point..........?

I love to overlook things. You know me - a guy who hates to be burdened. But, but, there are just some people are so special........so.....unique, who won't be over....passed. What am I supposed to do? Dying on their crosses? Go find the filipinos to do that, would you?
I don't think that anyone can see your point in this verbiage. What you are supposed to do, I'd suggest is the old adage "Before operating mouth, engage brain". You sound like yet another of the endless stread of religious dupes who want to preach when they should better shut up, listen and learn.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I don't think that anyone can see your point in this verbiage. What you are supposed to do, I'd suggest is the old adage "Before operating mouth, engage brain". You sound like yet another of the endless stread of religious dupes who want to preach when they should better shut up, listen and learn.
Usually, I don't get to become like that. I was just a little too upset that you would rather listen to fabricated words of the Queen than a little child's pleadings. Say really, not my business. British are the best.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Usually, I don't get to become like that. I was just a little too upset that you would rather listen to fabricated words of the Queen than a little child's pleadings. Say really, not my business. British are the best.
Ok, Time to pull back, and my ruler -slap was more because of increasing incoherence and decreasing conversation. I am not in the least bothered by any historic grudges again Britain. It is a global phenomenon that we have leaned to live with

I do hope we can get back to listening and reasoned discussion.

Which was ...what??

Old 04-05-2015, 09:29 AM

I was very fluent in English. Believe you me. In the registered TOLEF? pre-TOLEF test, I was 4 points away from the full score. In your SAT, I'm sorry, full scores if I took it.

I could tell you that your language is the gateway to retardom. I am sorry that I am using a very abusive word, but sometimes it sounds more sincere and true than the usages of 'bloody.' Whoever was raised by it was as perfect as you.

Thank GOODNESS, my health is restoring.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I was very fluent in English. Believe you me. In the registered TOLEF? pre-TOLEF test, I was 4 points away from the full score. In your SAT, I'm sorry, full scores if I took it.

I could tell you that your language is the gateway to retardom. I am sorry that I am using a very abusive word, but sometimes it sounds more sincere and true than the usages of 'bloody.' Whoever was raised by it was as perfect as you.

Thank GOODNESS, my health is restoring.
Absolutely splendid. Now how about getting back to topic.

With regard to your asking what I thought about the stuff in the Bible:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA
That's what I mean. Crap. If nobody is allowed to 'cast a stone' (not a notable feature of the religious) who is going to operate the judicial system?

Anyway, this is off the topic.
Quote:
So you went fervently on executing that verse and ran into a trouble. Then you could flip through the pages, weren't there something else concerning the rules for striking forth?

Personally, I am in the Islamic mode now.

You have to know GOD first to exercise the right to blow. Not that you could dodge through laws to laws and a faith to another faith.
So far from addressing my point, you went into wordsalad mode (even our muslim apologists submit comprehensible posts). So how about addressing my point? Isn't the story of the woman taken in adultery a kneejerk 'Ah, how sweet' story but of absolutely no help at all in practical terms.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:32 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,404,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That's what I mean. Crap. If nobody is allowed to 'cast a stone' (not a notable feature of the religious) who is going to operate the judicial system?

Anyway, this is off the topic.
Firstly, "casting stones" wasn't figurative in the day, so was it crap to tell people not to brutally torture people and kill them?

Secondly, if you do want to take it figuratively for the here and now, as I recall the comment was directed at the religious system, not the judicial system.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:57 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,620,761 times
Quote:

Point..........?

I do not know you. I see you. I see bigotry and racism, and hatred. I see you. God sees you.

God wants you to do the following;

Get out of the basement, and go outside. Let the Sun warm your face. Go take a shower, and use soap.
Pay special attention to your feet, and dry them well. Brush your teeth, too.

Put on something clean, and no, the sniff test for cleanliness is not sufficient. Put on clean clothes.
Go and make yourself a nice strong cup of tea or coffee, and go back outside. Walk barefoot on the grass and walk around the neighborhood. Say hello and smile to those you meet.

When you return, apologize to your family for being such an asshat. Give them hugs and smiles.
Then stop being an asshat. Give up hatred, racism, and bigotry. Your family deserves the best from you.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Firstly, "casting stones" wasn't figurative in the day, so was it crap to tell people not to brutally torture people and kill them?

Secondly, if you do want to take it figuratively for the here and now, as I recall the comment was directed at the religious system, not the judicial system.
I agree, but in having it suggested as something we should find worthwhile today (and thereby supposedly making the Bible something we should take as guide) the idea of saying 'You can't accuse anyone of a wrong unless you have never done wrong yourself' plus 'Go, and sin no more' which can only work if you can rely on them doing so, strikes me as - crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality