Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your feelings on God?
I reject him 4 5.13%
I do not believe he exists 52 66.67%
I believe in him and believe he is the one and only true God 22 28.21%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,335,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveringMyArm399 View Post
You do notice the word, religion, is not fashionable anymore in these days. It is called spirituality nowadays.

We, and yes we, put the book into 66. 66 books, numbered verses, for what sake? Of course not, the original scripture weren't only 66 volumes of them. Not to mention the verses were breaking into numbered verses. It was that you could pick a verse, any verse, that you like or agree with. And you keep it fervently, since you 'believe'. Then through that little mustard seed, you would find the truth.

For example, In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth. That is one verse to muse on. And to the some people to hold on. Then here is another one, The LORD is my Shepherd .... So this is another verse to muse on. Don't like that verse, Love pulling some weights, sure: The thief.....Watch! And if you say in your heart, perhaps I could keep a charge to show my gratitude toward GOD, or in case there is one. Pick one now, all these verses in the Bible: love one another; love GOD all your heart all your might, all your soul; be thou perfect and etc.

What you think the heaven is only populated by the Popes? Or you want to obey the Pope's commandments: There is no need to breed like rabbits.(But while he doesn't breed himself,too.) Then there proceeds from the infallible, Being single and produce no children is selfish. Really, I have enough of that pedophile.

After reading all the verses, you say there is no LORD or GOD whatsoever, and I am the LORD. Then very well, carry on your belief like a whirlwind then.

And if you don't have a Bible, you are living in the Bible anyway.

Jesus says, I play this way and you don't cry. Now I play this way, you don't dance.

So anyway,
I am guessing your post means something to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 09:54 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,937,486 times
Pretty hard to reject a god when one doesn't see any such entity existing outside the imaginations of humans.

I do reject the religions that teach such gods exist. Especially offensive is some of the rules those religions attempt to impose on humans, and humans then justifying behavior that is vile, disgusting, unjust, terrifying, cruel and harmful to other humans.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:12 PM

50 posts, read 39,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Pretty hard to reject a god when one doesn't see any such entity existing outside the imaginations of humans.

I do reject the religions that teach such gods exist. Especially offensive is some of the rules those religions attempt to impose on humans, and humans then justifying behavior that is vile, disgusting, unjust, terrifying, cruel and harmful to other humans.
Do good to humans only?

Do you like the story in Genesis when everybody were vegetarians?

Old 04-03-2015, 10:26 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,371,250 times
Uhhhh, your poll choices are "I reject him/don't believe her exists/and extreme monotheism." So God hatred, atheism, and jumping feet first into fundamentalist absolutism? Yea, not gonna vote.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:30 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveringMyArm399 View Post
Fine. Then there was no Jesus. So what do you think of the fictional guy's teachings?
Crap, mostly, and Jew-hating, frequently.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
There's no good option for me in the poll.

I would pick "I humbly admit that I have no idea if a god exists."

I don't "reject" god. I don't declare that there is no god. I feel that my belief is the most honest one possible, because truly, no one KNOWS, as in, proof positive.
I agree. The poll was rather from the theis view: 'atheists reject God' (implying there is one to reject). To show willing, we tried to answer honestly, with explanatory caveats.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I am guessing your post means something to you.
I think it's the posting equivalent of speaking in tongues.

S/he isn't the first one to demonstrate it.

Won't be the last.

God bless the interweb.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,335,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think it's the posting equivalent of speaking in tongues.

S/he isn't the first one to demonstrate it.

Won't be the last.

God bless the interweb.
I thought perhaps it was English words placed by a random word generator. CBC used to have Lost in Translation on Definitely Not the Opera, perhaps it came from there.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:19 AM

50 posts, read 39,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Crap, mostly, and Jew-hating, frequently.
It depended on how a kid was raised. Everybody lives in the stereotypes once, until the more promising light shines out though. If I were raised in the Jewish communities, I would probably be one of the zealot though. Probably though.

The interesting thing was who was Jesus? That guy did not quake the quakes. He was something else. Anywho, whatever he was or was not, thanks to him to shed lights.

'Whoever has no sin, let him casts the first stone.' Woohoo! Right on, Jesus. These thousands years, finally someone speaks out.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:36 AM

That's what I mean. Crap. If nobody is allowed to 'cast a stone' (not a notable feature of the religious) who is going to operate the judicial system?

Anyway, this is off the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality