Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your feelings on God?
I reject him 4 5.13%
I do not believe he exists 52 66.67%
I believe in him and believe he is the one and only true God 22 28.21%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 01:07 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,038,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I told you that I couldn't answer your poll because of the wording of it. I don't reject Abraham's God (if Abraham actually existed), because God is God and I don't reject God. I do, however, reject some of the descriptions of Abraham's God, because I do not believe them to be true.
So if you don't reject him, and you believe he exist, then you believe in him, do you not? I'm not asking you to define who he is, I'm just asking if you believe in him or not. It's not as difficult as you are making it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 01:27 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,456,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
So if you don't reject him, and you believe he exist, then you believe in him, do you not? I'm not asking you to define who he is, I'm just asking if you believe in him or not. It's not as difficult as you are making it.
No, it's not "difficult", but it is nuanced.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:51 PM

50,139 posts, read 20,914,585 times
Quote:
According to atheist themselves, that is not the definition of their beliefs. I have been told by many atheists that they have a disbelief in God not necessarily a belief that there is no god, which fits in with one of my choices.

The purpose of this wasn't to create a broad spectrum of what people believe but it was to address if people specifically believe in the God of Abraham.
Ah. I see. It is Biblegod you were asking us about. Well, it doesn't matter because I disbelieve in both.

The only difference is I disbelieve in a creator of some kind (not necessarily Biblegod) because nobody knows. Whereas the Bible stories seem so unbelievable that I have to definitely reject the Bible -god claim as unbelievable.

The same result, but 'nuanced'.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:39 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,916,146 times
Quote:
The purpose of this wasn't to create a broad spectrum of what people believe but it was to address if people specifically believe in the God of Abraham.
If that was the question you wanted us to answer, then you should have asked that specific question.

In your question, you only mentioned 'God', not the 'God of Abraham'. In case you have forgotten, here is your question:

Quote:
So my question is, if you are not a believer, then where do you fit in? Do you reject God or do you just not believe he exist?
It looks like you wasted a bunch of peoples' time by asking the wrong question. I think you owe all of us an apology.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
It looks like you wasted a bunch of peoples' time by asking the wrong question. I think you owe all of us an apology.
What God is being referenced in the first sentence of the post you just quoted?

I accept your apology for taking out part of what I said to make it seem like I didn't state clearly who I was talking about.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:58 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,916,146 times
Quote:
What God is being referenced in the first sentence of the post you just quoted?
The make-believe god of Abraham. What does that have to do with the questions you asked?

Quote:
I accept your apology for taking out part of what I said to make it seem like I didn't state clearly who I was talking about.
I gave a complete quote of your exact questions. Don't blame me if you did not ask the exact questions you wanted to ask.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:07 AM

309 posts, read 259,311 times
It's both. I do not believe there is a creator at all. The closest we have to anything resembling divinity is the natural laws/forces, and they are increasingly better understood by humanity. I also reject the entire ideology/belief system that people have created around the Christian god.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
The make-believe god of Abraham. What does that have to do with the questions you asked?
You said I didn't mention God of Abraham when I clearly did. That was one of the first things I mentioned.

Quote:
I gave a complete quote of your exact questions. Don't blame me if you did not ask the exact questions you wanted to ask.
But there was sentences before the questions that explained where the question came from. It was clear who I was referring to in the questions if you read the whole post. You wouldn't have even known what the question was if you didn't read the whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality