Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,710,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandicA View Post
There is only ONE God
Which one? And please provide the evidence of why this god is any different from the others.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:46 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,090,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I love to feel good! So much so that I want everyone else to feel as good as I do.

I am only sad that so many choose to believe ridiculous claims about our Lord (like he somehow "oppresses") to the point of denying themselves the joy, peace and serenity they could be experiencing in a relationship with him that I do.
You deny the wonders of the Olympians, there is nothing left to say.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,090,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Gldn can be as Epistemologically Gnostic about God as you are about "Nature" since they are equivalent . . . including the existence of consciousness (which we are evidence of in "Nature").
Am I about "nature"? I don't think so.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,944,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I guess Tywebb was guilty of assuming that you follow the teachings of your Bible.
As a Christian I try very hard to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, which are of course in the Bible

Unfortunately, there are some who read the Bible literally or out of context at times, which can do a great disservice to God's word.

The reality is, not all who call themselves "Christian" are, and even those that are do not always agree on context and Bible interpretation.

I would suggest that it is wiser to never assume anything about any person without first giving them the chance to speak for themselves.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:10 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,686,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandicA View Post
There is only ONE God

Who says there's only one god?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
As a Christian I try very hard to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, which are of course in the Bible

Unfortunately, there are some who read the Bible literally or out of context at times, which can do a great disservice to God's word.

The reality is, not all who call themselves "Christian" are, and even those that are do not always agree on context and Bible interpretation.

I would suggest that it is wiser to never assume anything about any person without first giving them the chance to speak for themselves.

You as a Christian say that you followed the teachings of your messiah and yet you also say that some of those who call themselves Christian take his teachings literally and out of context and then you'd make reference to the fact that they're not Christian. So tell me, who or what is a Christian? Is it one who follows the teachings of your sacred book literally or not? You see this is where it gets very confusing, some Christians claim that others are not real Christians, so what is a real Christian?

In response to your last sentence; that's good advice but you contradicted yourself with that statement because your very first response in this thread was not to listen to others and assume that everybody was Christian when they're not.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
In response to your last sentence; that's good advice but you contradicted yourself with that statement because your very first response in this thread was not to listen to others and assume that everybody was Christian when they're not.
As what I have copied and bolded below was my first post in the thread I have no clue what you are talking about I didn't assume anything about anyone. I just stated something about myself in response to someone else acting incredulous in another post that God and his followers communicate with one another

Personally, I talk to God all day long, off and on depending on what's going on.

He answers me back in my heart.

Really

Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who says there's only one god?
2 billion Christians and 14 million Jews, give or take

Old 03-05-2013, 12:51 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,683,744 times
Quote:
And how ever may Muslims perceive Allah...and, any others that perceive whatever single God they may believe in.

Someone may even perceive something such as "The Great Plucked Chicken Deity", that laid the "Universe Egg", from which all creation was derived....that would be "God" to them.
And if ANYONE at ANY TIME had/has the perception of "God"...then "God" exists...since "God" IS a ENTITY that is perceived.
Thus..."God" exists. My apologies in advance to those that get all twisted up over the declaration that "God Exists". That is just how it goes down in this world...no matter what some may think about that.

"God" is whatever anyone perceives "God" to be...so "God" (or No God) is a unique perception to EVERYONE. Since "Belief" or "NonBelief" are like snowflakes: No two exactly alike.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
And I suppose you going to say that it's because it's "written in their sacred book"....... You know just because it's written in a book doesn't mean it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.