Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 11:39 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,212,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcastg4 View Post
You listed the names of gods in your quote. According to the primary texts containing those names, in what manner should they be worshipped?
Takes to long to list.

Why does that matter?
I said believe, not worship.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 AM

392 posts, read 248,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Takes to long to list.

Why does that matter?
I said believe, not worship.
Nvm

Old 03-01-2013, 08:15 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,641,681 times
Quote:
And I'm not talking about similar gods from religions with similar roots.(Muslims, Christians, Jews)

I mean Gods like Ganesha, Ra, Quetzalcoatl, Thor, Zues, etc.

Why are they fake and your God is not?

Think outside your Western world box.

There's 7 billion people on this planet.. Some who live in remote areas and have never even heard of your God.
What happens to them?

I'm very glad you asked this because I have the answer. There is only one God and one way to Heaven. That is through his son Jesus Christ. The purpose of human life and why everyone is here is because of his sacrifice and his mercy so that we could live and accept him to see Heaven. God witnesses his truth to everyone. If it's not through christian friends, missionaries, or churches, it's through dreams, visions, and other supernatural events. A lot of people assume that people across the globe haven't heard about the good news of Christ but that is a lie. Billions across the world know who he is. Whether they have accepted him as their savior is their own issue. But all of that doesn't matter anyway. We are in a new age. God is getting ready to reveal himself to all life on planet Earth in a way that NOBODY will be able to deny. The great outpouring is coming soon.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm very glad you asked this because I have the answer. There is only one God and one way to Heaven. That is through his son Jesus Christ. The purpose of human life and why everyone is here is because of his sacrifice and his mercy so that we could live and accept him to see Heaven. God witnesses his truth to everyone. If it's not through christian friends, missionaries, or churches, it's through dreams, visions, and other supernatural events. A lot of people assume that people across the globe haven't heard about the good news of Christ but that is a lie. Billions across the world know who he is. Whether they have accepted him as their savior is their own issue. But all of that doesn't matter anyway. We are in a new age. God is getting ready to reveal himself to all life on planet Earth in a way that NOBODY will be able to deny. The great outpouring is coming soon.
How do you know

Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,665,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
We've got it. So, since Michael Jordan is a god is someone's eyes, and you worship God, then you worship Michael Jordan.
No...you don't "get it".

If Michael Jordan is a "God" to someone...it means nothing more than that...someone chose to perceive Michael Jordan as a "God". He doesn't have to be perceived as a "God" by anyone else.
And no one...even the person that may perceive him as a "God"...is required to worship him, or any other "God" that is perceived by them or anyone else. They can worship if they choose...but that is also their choice.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
No...you don't "get it".

If Michael Jordan is a "God" to someone...it means nothing more than that...someone chose to perceive Michael Jordan as a "God". He doesn't have to be perceived as a "God" by anyone else.
And no one...even the person that may perceive him as a "God"...is required to worship him, or any other "God" that is perceived by them or anyone else. They can worship if they choose...but that is also their choice.
So you're admitting humans are created Gods.

kthnx bye

Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,077,707 times
Quote:
How do you know
How can Christianity possibly not be true? It's not like their religion is of equal worth to all the others.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:17 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,665,976 times
Quote:
So you're admitting humans are created Gods.

kthnx bye
"Admitting?!!"---That's what I been tryin' to tell ya!!
Anybody can create a "God" out of anything or anybody...all they have to do is perceive it/them as a "God".

Same way all that giant list of "Gods" you listed came to be "Gods".

But here is the difference. You imply they aren't "God" because they are created by man. I state that they are "Gods" by that.
You define a "God" so narrowly...you feel "created Gods" are not "God".
But...the FACT is...the definition of "God" is much broader than that. I already proved that to you.
Though you don't want to accept that...because then you have to accept "God(s) Exist"...and your Godophobia will getcha!

Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,077,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
"Admitting?!!"---That's what I been tryin' to tell ya!!
Anybody can create a "God" out of anything or anybody...all they have to do is perceive it/them as a "God".

Same way all that giant list of "Gods" you listed came to be "Gods".

But here is the difference. You imply they aren't "God" because they are created by man. I state that they are "Gods" by that.
You define a "God" so narrowly...you feel "created Gods" are not "God".
But...the FACT is...the definition of "God" is much broader than that. I already proved that to you.
Though you don't want to accept that...because then you have to accept "God(s) Exist"...and your Godophobia will getcha!
I don't think he understand that you are just saying that "Gods" for sure exist just like "vampires" for sure exist, or how "harry potter" for sure exists. Alacran doesn't want to hear it, although all of your posts so far have been correct and consistent, he simply doesn't want to think about it the way you are, perhaps because he is indeed afraid of the very letters g-o-d(s). Also, if I were you, I would report him every time he insults you for trying to make a point.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I don't think he understand that you are just saying that "Gods" for sure exist just like "vampires" for sure exist, or how "harry potter" for sure exists. Alacran doesn't want to hear it, although all of your posts so far have been correct and consistent, he simply doesn't want to think about it the way you are, perhaps because he is indeed afraid of the very letters g-o-d(s). Also, if I were you, I would report him every time he insults you for trying to make a point.
CONTEXT.
CONTEXT.
CONTEXT.

A God in the forms he is using is not the same as what is being discussed

Moderator cut: delete

The word GOD is real and it exists. But that's IT.

God as a tangible real detectable thing does NOT exist.

Harry potter does not exist as a real detectable thing, but the word itself DOES.

Can you not understand that?

How many times do I have to keep repeating the same thing?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-02-2013 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: trolling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.