Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 11:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,677,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Umm.
Are you stupid?

Definitions have different meanings used in different context.

LIKE I SAID.

Calling Micheal Jordan a basketball GOD does not make him a damn God.

Can you not understand the use of context?
No, I'm not stupid.

As per the PROOF I provided you as to the definition of "God".
If someone perceives Michael Jordan a "God" because they feel that way about him...then he is a "God"...to THEM.
Maybe not to YOU...but that doesn't matter. As long as he is a "God" to somebody...then he is a "God"...AAAAAAAND, "God Exists".

See...I provided PROOF that a "God" can be defined as: "a person or thing of supreme value".
Sooooooo...based on that PROOF...anyone or anything that is perceived as being of "supreme value" for whatever reason...can definitively be a "God" to the person that has that perception. YOUR differing perception notwithstanding.

Don't like that? Take it up with Merriam-Webster. Tell them that you know how to define words better than them.
By the way...good luck with that.

If you have something to rebut my PROOF...other than your opinion based in ignorance, and kiddie stuff like "Are you stupid?"...then present it.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It certainly is

But God is the most powerful thing
No, the Buddhas are more powerful than Demiurges or Brahmajalas. In fact, if God is the most powerful thing, and we can separate God from other stuff,

then God + the other stuff = the actual most powerful thing.

The most powerful thing is Everything, as long as the Bodhisattva are included.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:04 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,707,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
No, I'm not stupid.

As per the PROOF I provided you as to the definition of "God".
If someone perceives Michael Jordan a "God" because they feel that way about him...then he is a "God"...to THEM.
Maybe not to YOU...but that doesn't matter. As long as he is a "God" to somebody...then he is a "God"...AAAAAAAND, "God Exists".

We've got it. So, since Michael Jordan is a god is someone's eyes, and you worship God, then you worship Michael Jordan.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,011,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I must have been away that day.

Howcum every generation benefiting from better nutrition and increased medical knowledge is growing taller and stronger and living longer than the previous one(s)?
Don't forget, there is more cancer today than ever along with other diseases. We are kept alive longer only by artificial means and the tallness is by artificial means of vitamins.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:56 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,011,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
That would be "ME".
Dear ME, I can prove Leprechauns exist. All you have to do is find a rainbow. At the end of that rainbow will be a pot of gold with a leprechaun guarding it. Now the problem for you is: Which end will you choose first to go to to find the leprechaun? Suppose you travel so many miles to one end and there's no leprechaun there. You'd have to travel x number of miles to get to the other end to find the leprechaun but by then the rainbow would be gone and you'd have missed your chance of finding your leprechaun. But just because you chose the wrong end does not mean leprechauns do not exist.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,797,085 times
Wow, E! Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it.

You were asked to prove the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You cannot prove:

1. Leprechauns do not exist
2. that Leprechauns do not love us
3. that Leprechauns would not cure us

So, therefore they must exist, love us, and can cure us if we pray to them.
You implied that you could do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Who told you I cannot prove the above?
And then you proceeded to try to show the opposite, for some strange reason. Unless you are really serious about your belief in leprechauns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear ME, I can prove Leprechauns exist. All you have to do is find a rainbow. At the end of that rainbow will be a pot of gold with a leprechaun guarding it. Now the problem for you is: Which end will you choose first to go to to find the leprechaun? Suppose you travel so many miles to one end and there's no leprechaun there. You'd have to travel x number of miles to get to the other end to find the leprechaun but by then the rainbow would be gone and you'd have missed your chance of finding your leprechaun. But just because you chose the wrong end does not mean leprechauns do not exist.
Try again, and this time see if you can actually do what you claimed!

-NoCapo

Old 03-01-2013, 09:04 AM

392 posts, read 248,926 times
Quote:
And I'm not talking about similar gods from religions with similar roots.(Muslims, Christians, Jews)

I mean Gods like Ganesha, Ra, Quetzalcoatl, Thor, Zues, etc.

Why are they fake and your God is not?

Think outside your Western world box.

There's 7 billion people on this planet.. Some who live in remote areas and have never even heard of your God.
What happens to them?

How does the text say to worship those gods?

Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,220,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcastg4 View Post
How does the text say to worship those gods?
Their respective cultures/texts suggest that they are worshipped.

I don't know what text you speak of specifically.
There are many "Gods" created by human imagination. Please specify which you speak of.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,351,596 times

A SHORT LIST OF GODS. - YouTube

Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 AM

392 posts, read 248,926 times
Quote:
Their respective cultures/texts suggest that they are worshipped.

I don't know what text you speak of specifically.
You listed the names of gods in your quote. According to the primary texts containing those names, in what manner should they be worshipped?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality