Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,068,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom72 View Post
I will post more later. Dog is mine. I got her this was 5 years ago. I have always wanted to move out in the country and where she is and to an apartment. Especially an apartment. I can no longer afford where we are at now. Yes there is way bigger isseus and the moving is a sympton i am VERY unhappy with him not working that is the major thing messing with our marriage. I am taking care of everying and to me this feels a smack in the face in some ways because if I am taking care of everying I feel he can bend on some things. Right now alot of places wont even take pitbulls period, not even rental houses and houses are more than apartments here in michigan
I was typing while you posted this but dang....I guess I was right.

Go get some marriage counseling...this isn't about moving and pit bulls and your ex or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:13 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,308,834 times
Quote:
I have been married for a year. Together almost 10. My husband is a city guy Im a country girl. Where i really want to be is in the country where my friend is. Shes my best friend and only family I have left. My husband doesnt have any family or friends, I do wish he did of course, but he is not seeing my side that where does it matter where we move if there is no one for him wherever we would go. So would you leave your marriage over something such as this? Theres other issues in our marriage as well, but this one is taking the cake as I feel I have sacrificed alot for this man and with the moving it would be the first thing he would sacrifice for me.
Quote:
Sorry should of explained better. This was brought up a year ago. He said he would go anywhyere with me. He said he didnt care as long as it was with me. He has been this way since we been together with wanting to be anywhere I am. We have moved alot and everywhere we have gone he has never had a problem with. Up till now where i want to move my ex lives there and deep down I think that is really the problem. The ex not where I want to move too. I think he thinks i am going to leave him for the ex. Location doesnt matter for work I work at home he doesnt work.
Quote:
Yes I have been supporting him for the last 5 years. I have absolutly zero interst in my ex. My friend lives about an hour from my ex, but she sees him once in awhile so I think theres fear deep down somethign will happen.
Quote:
Depends upon what you agreed upon before you got married or agreed to live together.
Before we got together and married he alwasy said didnt matter where he lived as long as it was with me. Same before. Same after for awhile and as soon as I stated I wanted to move out where my firend was that is when he freaked. He has no job, hasnt for awhile, and where we move honestly doesnt make a difference career wise. Any type of work he did before he could get anywhere and what I do from home theres no need to work outside of it. My children dont live with us and are all grown up so that is not a factor either.
Quote:
Ok heres another thing we have a pit and he refues to get rid of her. Where we live nowwe are paying 1050 a month no apartments take pits, but i would liek to move to one it would be alot less than renting a house.
  • You move around a lot, but it's not work related since you say location doesn't matter to your work. Why do you move around so much?
  • He hasn't worked for 5 years, but you say he can get the same kind of job he had once before, anywhere. So why hasn't he? Is it related to your moving around?
  • You want to move closer to a friend, who is in touch with your ex and you believe he is jealous.
  • You have a dog you want to get rid of to live in a cheaper apartment, instead of a more expensive house.
There are so many issues in your relationship, where you move or not really won't matter to the relationship, if they aren't resolved. You will be taking all these problems and more with you. Maybe that's why you want to be near someone else you feel close to, because things aren't that great with your husband.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 PM

79 posts, read 148,713 times
Does she have papers? Just say she's a boxer mix if she doesn't. That's what I always did w/ mine.

Ok I really dont want to get rid of her. I am just stressed from the money standpoint.She does have papers, but not sure if I can get new ones for her? Her says rotweiller and lab mix, however most apartments wont take rots either. I also know if you lie about what kind of breed of animal you have you can get kicked out of an apartment. If she has papers stating she is something different though and they kick us out over having her thinking she is a pitbull by looks can i still get in trouble or can the aparment?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:16 PM

Yep again I have alway been a person whos in major denial with things. This is with past relationships things too. I usually do this befoer i get to the real issue.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:19 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,068,828 times
michiganmom72...general forum courtesy (and sometimes forum rules) is that you properly quote other posters. It makes it easier for us to follow along with who said what and is less confusing when reading through the threads.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:20 PM

• You move around a lot, but it's not work related since you say location doesn't matter to your work. Why do you move around so much?(ok we HAVE moved around alot. This place though we have stayed in the for the last 5 years. we have no choice to move due to finances)
  • He hasn't worked for 5 years, but you say he can get the same kind of job he had once before, anywhere. So why hasn't he? Is it related to your moving around?(not related to moving around. He hasnt even looked again bigger issues majorly. He owes child support and doesnt want to pay because he ex is illegally getting the money if he works then they take it from him)
  • You want to move closer to a friend, who is in touch with your ex and you believe he is jealous.(I think this is the real deep down issue yes that hes afraid something will happen. Myf riend is married to someone he works with they probably all see eachother twice a year that is all, I am in no way, shape in contact with this guy anymore, have no feelings for him, he lives about half hour from my friend in reality i think my husband thinks he lilves right where shes at though)
  • You have a dog you want to get rid of to live in a cheaper apartment, instead of a more expensive house. Again I really dont want to get rid of her, but I am stressed because I do want us to have cheaper living yes. where i am at apartments are cheapest as anything else so that is where i would liek to live.
There are so many issues in your relationship, where you move or not really won't matter to the relationship, if they aren't resolved. You will be taking all these problems and more with you. Maybe that's why you want to be near someone else you feel close to, because things aren't that great with your husband.(I think that is part of the reason for sure, that makes sense)

Old 06-03-2010, 08:22 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,561,696 times
Quote:
Does she have papers? Just say she's a boxer mix if she doesn't. That's what I always did w/ mine.

Ok I really dont want to get rid of her. I am just stressed from the money standpoint.She does have papers, but not sure if I can get new ones for her? Her says rotweiller and lab mix, however most apartments wont take rots either. I also know if you lie about what kind of breed of animal you have you can get kicked out of an apartment. If she has papers stating she is something different though and they kick us out over having her thinking she is a pitbull by looks can i still get in trouble or can the aparment?
Idk, but most Pits who are given to shelters are put down. I know you have bigger problems than this, but I'm just a huge pit bull lover since mine are such a joy.

I'd have to look up BSL laws in your state, but yeah having Pits can be a hassle that's why I never told anyone my dogs were Pits and always rented houses when I was younger.

Make his lazy azz get a job. You shouldn't have to give up your dog cuz he won't work.

whoops sorry NC will remember that.

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:

Yep again I have alway been a person whos in major denial with things. This is with past relationships things too. I usually do this befoer i get to the real issue.

A tip...

use the quote button inside of continuing to copy and paste other posters comments - this way we can all distinguish between yours and ours.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:23 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,015,367 times
You sound very selfish. You want to get rid of the dog to make life easier and you want your husband to move so that you can be closer to your friend. If I were him, I'd leave you and take your dog with me.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships