Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times

Advertisements

Sounds to me like there are bigger issues in your relationship and this "problem" is just a symptom of those issues.

You two need to get on the same page.

Are you okay with him not working for years now, or is that an issue too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,269 times
Honestly I think the best advice you will get is this: You need to talk to your husband.

Why do you want to move near your friend now? Why not 2 years ago before you were married? Did something trigger this?

How long has he had the dog? For someone who doesn't have a family/friends I would imagine his canine companion is a non-negotiable thing. I can't imagine asking someone to give up a dog - cost of living with one should have been evaluated/discussed before getting one.

Bottom line - since you are supporting him he may not have much say. HOWEVER - if he is going to be miserable, do you really want to do that to him? Being in a marriage means cooperation and consideration for another person. It works both ways and requires communication. You guys really need to hash out why you want to move, why he doesn't, ect.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 PM

830 posts, read 2,711,908 times
Now someone asking me to get rid of the dog - THAT is something I would leave over. If someone I was with were the type to even suggest getting rid of an animal I had made a commitment to... well... I would find that out well before marriage and would never be with that person in the first place. I don't find people who view animals as disposable when inconvienent attractive and would have given them the eff-off long before it came to marriage, or even a second date!

Not location. Though I would also have long discussions beforehand about which kinds of places we enjoy living. I wouldn't have matched up with someone with radically different views on that. We wouldn't have had much in common. And I certainly wouldn't base it on where friends live. I can visit friends.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:07 PM

79 posts, read 148,589 times
I will post more later. Dog is mine. I got her this was 5 years ago. I have always wanted to move out in the country and where she is and to an apartment. Especially an apartment. I can no longer afford where we are at now. Yes there is way bigger isseus and the moving is a sympton i am VERY unhappy with him not working that is the major thing messing with our marriage. I am taking care of everying and to me this feels a smack in the face in some ways because if I am taking care of everying I feel he can bend on some things. Right now alot of places wont even take pitbulls period, not even rental houses and houses are more than apartments here in michigan

Old 06-03-2010, 08:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom72 View Post
I will post more later. Dog is mine. I got her this was 5 years ago. I have always wanted to move out in the country and where she is and to an apartment. Especially an apartment. I can no longer afford where we are at now. Yes there is way bigger isseus and the moving is a sympton i am VERY unhappy with him not working that is the major thing messing with our marriage. I am taking care of everying and to me this feels a smack in the face in some ways because if I am taking care of everying I feel he can bend on some things. Right now alot of places wont even take pitbulls period, not even rental houses and houses are more than apartments here in michigan

Well there you go - the REAL problem revealed.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 PM

everytime i try to communicate he yells so i am definatly considering counseling

Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,061,414 times
Quote:
Sorry should of explained better. This was brought up a year ago. He said he would go anywhyere with me. He said he didnt care as long as it was with me. He has been this way since we been together with wanting to be anywhere I am. We have moved alot and everywhere we have gone he has never had a problem with. Up till now where i want to move my ex lives there and deep down I think that is really the problem. The ex not where I want to move too. I think he thinks i am going to leave him for the ex. Location doesnt matter for work I work at home he doesnt work.
I guess he meant.....anywhere but there. Honestly, it sounds like you've already made up your mind.
You seem to value the relationship with your 'friend' more than that of your husband.
Quote:
I have been married for a year. Together almost 10. My husband is a city guy Im a country girl. Where i really want to be is in the country where my friend is. Shes my best friend and only family I have left. My husband doesnt have any family or friends, I do wish he did of course, but he is not seeing my side that where does it matter where we move if there is no one for him wherever we would go. So would you leave your marriage over something such as this? Theres other issues in our marriage as well, but this one is taking the cake as I feel I have sacrificed alot for this man and with the moving it would be the first thing he would sacrifice for me.
This is the first thing he would EVER be sacrificing for you, really??? Why the heck did you stay with him for 10 years and then MARRY him??

Your story doesn't jive and I suspect there is a whole lot of missing info here...this is jut the tip of the iceberg sort of 'problem' you are posting about here.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:10 PM

Well there you go - the REAL problem revealed.
Yep can you tell I like to deny things?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,550,351 times
Quote:
Does she have papers? Just say she's a boxer mix if she doesn't. That's what I always did w/ mine.

Sounds like you got worse problems...but please don't take it out on the dog and "get rid off her".

Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 PM

This is the first thing he would EVER be sacrificing for you, really??? Yep really out of love. Other than that there was no other reason I married him for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships