Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:09 PM

8 posts, read 11,744 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone :] I'm new here and was reading the advice given out. Looks like you all give the best advice around, so I thought I would give it a try.
I'm 20 yrs old, been with my boyfriend for 2 yrs. We've spent everyday together for the past year, so we're pretty close. I know it's impossible for him to be cheating because I trust him, and he is always by my side except when at work. We have a long relationship history and have overcome so many things. I know he loves me. Although he can be overprotective and gets jealous so easily :| We're in a long distance relationship.
Recently it's all been trouble. We're supposed to meet in the summer, around June. Anytime I mention which day, or early planning to save money he blows it off and acts like he doesn't care. I told him how that makes me feel but each time I do he says I'm "rambling" or he moans and says "not this again" like it's a bother. I'm just trying to express my feelings. He still doesn't want to give each other our addresses. When we first got together, I didn't want to exchange addresses because I didn't want to rush into anything, so I took it slow. Now it seems he just flipped it on me and says he can't give me his address. He still won't tell his mom (he lives with her) about me. When I bring up this, meeting each other, or the addresses he says I'm rushing into things. With his previous girlfriend he wanted to introduce her to his mom only six months into their relationship. What should I do about all of this? It seems if I express any of this to him he gets mad and says I'm trying to start a fight, or he simply avoids it. I'm at a complete loss anymore. Am I over-exaggerating or is there something happening here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 05:19 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,292,076 times
Wait, what? You have been with someone for two years but don't know the home address? Did I read that right? How were you together everyday then?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:19 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,452,703 times
I'm confused - you've spent everyday together and he's always by your side but you have a long distance relationship? That doesn't add up.

Either way- sounds like he's just not that into you. You're only 20. Find someone better who wants to share their address with you.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,311,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Wait, what? You have been with someone for two years but don't know the home address? Did I read that right? How were you together everyday then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
I'm confused - you've spent everyday together and he's always by your side but you have a long distance relationship? That doesn't add up.

Either way- sounds like he's just not that into you. You're only 20. Find someone better who wants to share their address with you.
This ^^^.

I'm sorry, but you may think he's your boyfriend, but I don't believe he feels that he is.

I think you need to take a step back an read what you yourself wrote - It really speaks volumes.

We talk on the phone as soon as he comes home from work all the way til about three am.
Sorry for not making that clear.
I've mentioned breaking up to him before a few months go, and that was something he definitely didn't want. He cried and shaped up and said he didn't want to lose me.

5,024 posts, read 8,905,400 times
Sounds like he just likes the convenience of you on a computer. Easy on, easy off. No muss, no fuss.

I hope you can meet someone else near where you live in real life.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,698,072 times
Something that I find odd, is that you both have been in a "relationship" for two years, and have not exchanged address`s?
Tell him that you want to come and see him, and meet his Mom.
To me, it sounds like he is brushing you off for some reason.
If he cares for you as much as you say, then he should understand where you are coming from. Good luck!

Old 04-06-2010, 05:35 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,292,076 times
Talking on the phone from what time, to what time? Sounds to me like he already has someone at home and that is why you don't have his address.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Something that I find odd, is that you both have been in a "relationship" for two years, and have not exchanged address`s?
Tell him that you want to come and see him, and meet his Mom.
To me, it sounds like he is brushing you off for some reason.
If he cares for you as much as you say, then he should understand where you are coming from. Good luck!
I know right?
I thought it was because I wouldnt give him my address early in the relationship. He's the type of guy that does the "eye for an eye" thing, to pretty much everyone he knows. He was willing to give it to me back then, saying I just had to ask for it, but I didnt want to rush cause we just met.
I'll be sure to mention this to him :] Thanks.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Talking on the phone from what time, to what time? Sounds to me like he already has someone at home and that is why you don't have his address.
From about 3pm to 3am or later. So we talk pretty much all day. He lives with his mom still; he's just 22.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships