Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:56 PM

8 posts, read 11,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I completely agree with Annie. Have you actually seen this man on cam? Photos are not reliable and neither are words on a screen or words in your ear on the phone.

Two years is a long time for someone so young. If you do meet in person make sure you are in a public place or bring someone along with you.

He sounds dubious.
I've seen him on cam several times and saw videos of him with his friends too. When we meet, it is planned that he'll also meet my family too. I'll be sure to bring someone like a brother or friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
Are there no adult males in the town you live in?

I read a good book a few years back called "He's Just Not That In To You." You should read it.

If a man wants to be with a woman, he will make it happen. If he doesn't, he makes excuses. Don't waste anymore time.
I saw the movie if that counts. That came to my mind actually, because I was thinking maybe he's just taking me for granted. He always put in so much effort to be romantic and please me in the past but now he doesnt do that anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Slow down, Purelife. He SAYS he's 22. He SAYS it is his mother. For all you know, he's retired and 3 pm is when his wife goes to work and she gets home around 3 AM.

He's not giving you his address and he's blowing you off about when is a good time to meet because he doesn't want to move this "relationship" off phone and into real life. He likes it just the way it is. - Whatever it is.

Time to move on.
I've heard him call her mom before and she comes thru his bedroom to clean it up while he's talking to me so I don't worry about that. He's really a momma's boy. Do you think he's scared that I won't like him when we meet? Or that it will be different? There was a few times that he said he was scared I'd run away or not wanna be with him anymore when we were together then, but I always took it as joking. I know he's insecure of losing me and I don't want to break his heart. I just wish I could tell him when I'm frustrated, discuss my feelings with him without him running away or ignoring it :|
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post
Don't worry. It's just a defensive stance. Happens when you're deeply in love and at a long distance. So relax

Old 04-06-2010, 10:32 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,457,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purelife20 View Post

I've heard him call her mom before and she comes thru his bedroom to clean it up while he's talking to me so I don't worry about that. He's really a momma's boy. Do you think he's scared that I won't like him when we meet? Or that it will be different? There was a few times that he said he was scared I'd run away or not wanna be with him anymore when we were together then, but I always took it as joking. I know he's insecure of losing me and I don't want to break his heart. I just wish I could tell him when I'm frustrated, discuss my feelings with him without him running away or ignoring it :|

See, now my concern would lie more with his mommy issues if I were you.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:03 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,313,455 times
I'm sorry but what you have is not a real relationship if you aren't seeing each other in real life regularly. You know it is a problem that you dont know his home address after this long. You want a real relationship and you deserve one.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 PM

355 posts, read 617,168 times
Quote:
Yeah, when things get serious guys go into defensive stance - he is trying to act independent, firm, agressive. He thinks: "Things are going well, so something's gotta be wrong. There's gotta be trouble coming from somewhere". People are used to having "something wrong" in their lives. It gives good excuses. So when things go well, guys tend to make stupid mistakes out of confusion
There are reasons for him to be defensive:

1. You're in long distance relationship. You may be cheating. If it turns out to be true, he'll be hurting like hell, but he'll be able to tell others: "hey, it wasn't that serious anyways. No open talks, no meeting the parents, nothing. I'm fine".
2. He introduced his ex to his mom and he didn't introduce you. Possible reasons for that:
a) It didn't go well. It ruined everything and introducing them was a mistake. Maybe his mom got too jealous, maybe the ex said something wrong. Doesn't matter - bad experience.
b) His mom loved her. Still does and can't stand the idea of any other girl beside him. Not much you can do here, but be a good girl and hope it will change.
Mommy issues are NOT to be taken lightly, girl. So don't get offended. Plus, if mom comes first to him, it usually means he can respect women. It's a good thing.
3. His jealousy and the long distance hurt him. They really do. When you punch someone, he'll jump into a defensive stance. That's what he does.
4. This is getting serious. Your relationship is getting serious and he's having second thoughts. Everyone does, except, perhaps, idiots, who don't have first thoughts to begin with.

All of that together means only:
1. He luvs ya.
2. He wants ya.
3. He needs ya.
4. He can't live withoutcha.

So chill.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah, when things get serious guys go into defensive stance - he is trying to act independent, firm, agressive. He thinks: "Things are going well, so something's gotta be wrong. There's gotta be trouble coming from somewhere". People are used to having "something wrong" in their lives. It gives good excuses. So when things go well, guys tend to make stupid mistakes out of confusion
There are reasons for him to be defensive:

1. You're in long distance relationship. You may be cheating. If it turns out to be true, he'll be hurting like hell, but he'll be able to tell others: "hey, it wasn't that serious anyways. No open talks, no meeting the parents, nothing. I'm fine".
2. He introduced his ex to his mom and he didn't introduce you. Possible reasons for that:
a) It didn't go well. It ruined everything and introducing them was a mistake. Maybe his mom got too jealous, maybe the ex said something wrong. Doesn't matter - bad experience.
b) His mom loved her. Still does and can't stand the idea of any other girl beside him. Not much you can do here, but be a good girl and hope it will change.
Mommy issues are NOT to be taken lightly, girl. So don't get offended. Plus, if mom comes first to him, it usually means he can respect women. It's a good thing.
3. His jealousy and the long distance hurt him. They really do. When you punch someone, he'll jump into a defensive stance. That's what he does.
4. This is getting serious. Your relationship is getting serious and he's having second thoughts. Everyone does, except, perhaps, idiots, who don't have first thoughts to begin with.

1. He luvs ya.
2. He wants ya.
3. He needs ya.

So chill.
He always gets so protective of me and has always told me he couldn't picture life without me. In the past he always worried we would break up when we got in a fight. I guess it was a issue from bad past girlfriends - but I showed him we could stay together through the bad times and he wouldnt have to worry about losing me.
I've backed off of those issues for now because I figure that when the time is right he'll wanna bring it up.
With his ex...he wanted to introduce her to his mom but she didn't want to meet her. So she never did meet her.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,313,455 times
Quote:

1. He luvs ya.
2. He wants ya.
3. He needs ya.

So chill.

and.. we need a "worried" emoticon

Old 04-08-2010, 08:32 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,847,778 times
Quote:
He always gets so protective of me and has always told me he couldn't picture life without me. In the past he always worried we would break up when we got in a fight. I guess it was a issue from bad past girlfriends - but I showed him we could stay together through the bad times and he wouldnt have to worry about losing me.
I've backed off of those issues for now because I figure that when the time is right he'll wanna bring it up.
With his ex...he wanted to introduce her to his mom but she didn't want to meet her. So she never did meet her.
I'm sorry, but you haven't even met this guy in person, have never spent any one-on-one time with him, and you say he's always been protective? And how can you "break up" when you've never actually been together? Little girl, you're too wet behind the ears still. You. Need. To. Chill.

People, stop encouraging her!

Old 04-09-2010, 08:57 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,167,863 times
I can't believe people are responding to you as though this is a real relationship! Child, you have been chatting with an entity online for TWO WHOLE YEARS! You want the relationship (WHAT relationship) to move forward? You are concerned you don't have his address! Good grief!

This is not real (until you meet in person)

Alice, put down the looking glass. You have spent 12 hours a day talking with this "boyfried" who is not real (until you meet in person, he's a computer entity). Do you know what you could have done with 12 hours a day for TWO WHOLE YEARS? OMG, you could have a college degree! You could have a life!

He is never going to meet you. He is afraid of real contact with real people. In fact, you are not real to him. You are a computer entity.

Neo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships