Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2020, 05:14 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Talking snow in the upper elevation tomorrow and Tuesday. Rain tomorrow. I'll stay in and read. That works for me.
I can’t remember where you are location wise but I actually had a wild moment this morning when a known NFL insider posted that Denver had a high of 90 today but would have a low of 30 and 6-12 in of snow. I went to my weather app to look it up in disbelief. To be fair, I do remember VA having a 65 degree to 30 degree day with a dusting within the last year, but Denver’s forecast is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 06:15 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times
Have a long journey back home today. Driving 700 miles and the temperature will change by 40 degrees. But at least it won’t snow.

Old 09-08-2020, 08:46 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
115 here on Saturday and Sunday, down to 70 last night. Insane.

Sadly, all of the smoke from the fires has the morning looking like rain and fog.

Old 09-08-2020, 12:43 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm always reminded of the late, great George Carlin (paraphrasing) - think about how stupid the average American is...now think about the fact that half the population is even dumber than that.

Laws of averages, or whatever. By the way, I'd not heard of chardonnay shopping before, I like it. I'm more of a sauvignon surfer if yannowhatimean...been trying to budget better lately. It's easier when I am getting out of the house lately, I don't have as much time to shop online.

Pros and cons of working outside of the house - great internet speed at work, no "your internet connection is unstable" messages flashing across the screen, central A/C, distinct compartmentalization/line of demarcation between work and home matters - all pros. Cons - more frequent visits to Costco gas pumps, maskne (my skin has always been super sensitive), fatigue, and sleep disruption.

But I feel very blessed to have a great place of employment, doing what I love, and celebrating life and my loved ones.

Happy Labor Day weekend, everybody! It's record-breaking scorching heat here in SoCal, peaking on Sunday, hope everyone has a safe and pleasant one this weekend.
Yeah, Carlin was pretty right about a lot of his observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
I’m shocked at how Kimberly Guilofyle and Gavin Newsom were partners. That relationship must have thoroughly sucked, coming from 2 extreme ends of the political spectrum which look like they are going to start a civil war soon.
Me thinks Mrs. Guilfoyle is interested more in men with money and or power than their political leanings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think it is the checks and balances of the body not properly taking place with a lack of wise people around. Maybe this is just too simplistic for me to say since many and I consider me to be hyper analytical and logical and not really emotional. Maybe the trauma of watching my mother epically fail in relationships influences my viewpoint. I do think this forum raises my awareness to a point where I’ve been able to avoid some of the catastrophes others have posted about.
If the forum has provided any value to you personally, then that's good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
115 here on Saturday and Sunday, down to 70 last night. Insane.

Sadly, all of the smoke from the fires has the morning looking like rain and fog.
Yeah, I noticed that the sky has a weird tint to it. The sun comes through and it has a weird orangey kind of thing going, sorta like the president.

Last edited by Chowhound; 09-08-2020 at 12:59 PM..

Old 09-08-2020, 02:18 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhound View Post
yeah, carlin was pretty right about a lot of his observations.

Me thinks mrs. Guilfoyle is interested more in men with money and or power than their political leanings.

If the forum has provided any value to you personally, then that's good news.

Yeah, i noticed that the sky has a weird tint to it. The sun comes through and it has a weird orangey kind of thing going, sorta like the president. :d
ha ha! :d

Old 09-08-2020, 08:01 PM

I reached home. I’m lucky to be alive. Almost got hit by a semi drifting off his lane onto mine, and on the other side was a cliff . Lately I’m seeing a lot of semis drifting off lane, and I wonder if it’s due to the removal of 8 hours max between breaks being removed due to COVID.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:34 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
I reached home. I’m lucky to be alive. Almost got hit by a semi drifting off his lane onto mine, and on the other side was a cliff . Lately I’m seeing a lot of semis drifting off lane, and I wonder if it’s due to the removal of 8 hours max between breaks being removed due to COVID.
Early summer the tightened down the what qualifies as a COVID exempt load. Also, it’s more than an exemption to the 8 hour rule. The 11 hour rule, 14 hour rule, etc. The exemption stipulates you cannot be fatigued. If you are fatigued you need to take a minimum of at least 10 hours.

Or it could be a distracted driver, or a driver with little experience.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Early summer the tightened down the what qualifies as a COVID exempt load. Also, it’s more than an exemption to the 8 hour rule. The 11 hour rule, 14 hour rule, etc. The exemption stipulates you cannot be fatigued. If you are fatigued you need to take a minimum of at least 10 hours.

Or it could be a distracted driver, or a driver with little experience.
Ok that’s good to know. That section of highway has a lot of sharp turns and semis are supposed to stay to the right and slow down. But they still maintain high speed and this has lead to the trailer drifting off lane. Not the first time I’d seen it, but I was getting squeezed between 2 massive trucks and a cliff on one side when one of those trucks was pushing left. It was scary. Luckily, no bad weather. It happened close to this place:
Clarion
Pennsylvania 16214
https://goo.gl/maps/5hE4htKS4ZxJSvCK8

Last edited by FrozenI69; 09-09-2020 at 08:00 AM..

Old 09-09-2020, 08:41 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I hear names of current recording artists and I don't pay much attention if it's rap or hip hop. I've heard of Cardi B as everyone else has. I don't follow her music but I heard she interviewed Biden, but whatever.

I got a taste of that little ditty called "WAP", lol, ok then. I saw parts of the music video and heard some of the lyrics and apparently I'm getting old. LOL.

I guess subtly and nuance aren't in style anymore.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:18 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I hear names of current recording artists and I don't pay much attention if it's rap or hip hop. I've heard of Cardi B as everyone else has. I don't follow her music but I heard she interviewed Biden, but whatever.

I got a taste of that little ditty called "WAP", lol, ok then. I saw parts of the music video and heard some of the lyrics and apparently I'm getting old. LOL.

I guess subtly and nuance aren't in style anymore.
I am getting old, too. Wasn't offended or anything. I didn't find it to be creative. LL Cool J's "Doing it," every bit at dirty, but it is smooth, poetic and catchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships