Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2020, 03:03 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, it's been called vicious and dog-eat-dog, but to me it's just that so many posters act childish and immature with all the taunting and name-calling, or are completely laughable trolls.
That is the best description. I avoid that section. I have no need to argue with children and the likes that lurk there. I really don’t want to be banned again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 03:08 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I just took a quick forray into the Politics forum... Yikes!
Quote:
Lol, it's been called vicious and dog-eat-dog, but to me it's just that so many posters act childish and immature with all the taunting and name-calling, or are completely laughable trolls.
LOL, yeah, pretty childish stuff with the silly name calling.

I will say that if you are completely factually deficient on a given subject, you'll find someone in that forum that has the facts and will embarrass you if you don't have somewhat of a decent knowledge of the subject you are posting about.

The only thing I sorta like about that forum is that people are discussing real world events, for the most part. Here in Relationship forum it seems like a HUGE amount aren't legit subjects, or are trolls. I mean there are trolls in POC but you can talk about a subject that exists FOR REAL, not some silly my wife/husband fill in the blank with what is most likely not true stories, especially when as you ask them for more info and they start to move the goal post on you.

I find that to be boring and I hardly ever post in Relationship anymore because of high troll / phony thread factors.

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-26-2020 at 03:20 PM..

Old 08-26-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That is the best description. I avoid that section. I have no need to argue with children and the likes that lurk there. I really don’t want to be banned again.
Yeah, I used to get myself so worked up, I don't anymore. I can tell after talking with someone for a post or two if they just wanna fight and not actually discuss a subject or not. I have no time for people that are intellectually dishonest or lazy and not willing to have a fair minded approach to a subject.

There isn't much of the old "agree to disagree" with most people anymore, if you ain't in my tribe you're evil. Not much hyperbole really.

Old 08-26-2020, 03:27 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
It also seems like lately, since we've been going through all the COVID and election stuff, that there are even more seldom-visiting posters, from different sides of the debates, who come in and say one meaningless sentence or a totally inflammatory one, and that's it. Then you read through a few more posts from people who want meaningful debate and up pops another troll-ish one-liner, and so on and so on... It's almost like having to sit through ads before you can get back to the real content.

Old 08-26-2020, 03:50 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,403,917 times
I really think that people in the politics forum are focusing way too much on anti BLM. Although I agree that the riots are bad, I’m also fed up with comments that say martial law should be implemented on all minority communities. Both are not representative of American values.

Old 08-26-2020, 03:58 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:

Perfect description!

Old 08-26-2020, 04:02 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
It also seems like lately, since we've been going through all the COVID and election stuff, that there are even more seldom-visiting posters, from different sides of the debates, who come in and say one meaningless sentence or a totally inflammatory one, and that's it. Then you read through a few more posts from people who want meaningful debate and up pops another troll-ish one-liner, and so on and so on... It's almost like having to sit through ads before you can get back to the real content.
Quite true. I went in there to see what the general opinions were on the conventions and read the threads and decided that I am OK with not caring about the general opinions anymore!

Old 08-26-2020, 04:16 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Quite true. I went in there to see what the general opinions were on the conventions and read the threads and decided that I am OK with not caring about the general opinions anymore!
Lol

Old 08-26-2020, 04:17 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
The whole COVID this is another #### show. Coworker was diagnosed. Boss is in quarantine for two weeks. I have avoided the infected one far the last three weeks. Hopefully, it doesn’t screw up my life.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The whole COVID this is another #### show. Coworker was diagnosed. Boss is in quarantine for two weeks. I have avoided the infected one far the last three weeks. Hopefully, it doesn’t screw up my life.
I got tested back in April and was negative, but that was only as good as that day basically. I've taken precautions in public and have been working at home 95% of the time, so statistically I'm probably ok, but have to watch ourselves.

Hope things are going ok, probably need to think about getting tested as you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships