Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2020, 04:32 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times

Advertisements

I felt bipolar yesterday night for some odd reason (I was shivering, then sweating, rinse and repeat). I hope tonight I get a better sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 05:24 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
I felt bipolar yesterday night for some odd reason (I was shivering, then sweating, rinse and repeat). I hope tonight I get a better sleep.
I feel like that for about a week each month... it’s called PMS.

Old 09-22-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I feel like that for about a week each month... it’s called PMS.
I changed my shirt and was able to sleep much better now. No issues today.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:53 AM

We are getting a 4 day stretch in the 80’s. Summer has its final gasp before jacket weather makes a comeback.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:54 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
I changed my shirt and was able to sleep much better now. No issues today.
Glad to hear that you’re feeling better.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:57 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
We are getting a 4 day stretch in the 80’s. Summer has its final gasp before jacket weather makes a comeback.
Hoodie weather snuck up on Bull City this week and I didn’t have my regular jacket available since my household goods are still not here. I had to use my football hoodie to survive the in-office days in the morning. Just glad I’m in the at home days portion of my workweek now.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Hoodie weather snuck up on Bull City this week and I didn’t have my regular jacket available since my household goods are still not here. I had to use my football hoodie to survive the in-office days in the morning. Just glad I’m in the at home days portion of my workweek now.
I traveled by plane after 6 months to finally go see my GF last week, and now have to quarantine in my home state for a week. Neither of us ever thought COVID would become so intense, but we like each other for long enough that we plan to work with the restrictions in place. She got tested the week before I arrived and it came back negative.
It was surreal to experience my first kiss and hugs in 6 months from the person I love. I won’t forget it.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:49 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I've got a project going on in South Central Los Angeles.

Got to go make a site visit to see how things are going and it's sort of funny, you see movies or things in the media about South Central or Compton for that matter and you'd think it's a war zone. Yeah, it can be a bit dicey at times I guess, but in the day in particular I've never had any issues over the years going to projects in those areas. Most of the time you see just average people on the streets. I'm not so sure about what happens after dark of course, but whatever.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:04 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've got a project going on in South Central Los Angeles.

Got to go make a site visit to see how things are going and it's sort of funny, you see movies or things in the media about South Central or Compton for that matter and you'd think it's a war zone. Yeah, it can be a bit dicey at times I guess, but in the day in particular I've never had any issues over the years going to projects in those areas. Most of the time you see just average people on the streets. I'm not so sure about what happens after dark of course, but whatever.
I've lived in "bad neighborhoods" before. Even really bad, as parts of Cincinnati were in the 90s. What I found was that it wasn't a matter usually of being shaken down by drug lords, turf wars of gang bangers, or drive by shootings, bullets flying around... Nah, that wasn't life in the hood. No, what it was, was crazy Debbie hitting the crack again and screaming in the street, being asked for change and smokes every 30 seconds, loud domestic disputes, and pest problems galore (rats, mice, roaches.) That was the constant hell of it. The other stuff is more TV drama.

But what was worse, was living in an impoverished white neighborhood, because in addition to all of that you had groups of feral children running around who would absolutely attack you for no reason at any time. I would rather have the crackheads asking me for change, than 8-10 kids ranging from age 6-14 throwing bricks and rocks and chunks of concrete at me. Which happened when I was very pregnant with my first kid, living on the "East End" of Cincinnati, before we moved up to the north end of Vine. The "hood" has since been gentrified, I hear, but I doubt if things have improved in the East End much.

Old 09-23-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I've lived in "bad neighborhoods" before. Even really bad, as parts of Cincinnati were in the 90s. What I found was that it wasn't a matter usually of being shaken down by drug lords, turf wars of gang bangers, or drive by shootings, bullets flying around... Nah, that wasn't life in the hood. No, what it was, was crazy Debbie hitting the crack again and screaming in the street, being asked for change and smokes every 30 seconds, loud domestic disputes, and pest problems galore (rats, mice, roaches.) That was the constant hell of it. The other stuff is more TV drama.

But what was worse, was living in an impoverished white neighborhood, because in addition to all of that you had groups of feral children running around who would absolutely attack you for no reason at any time. I would rather have the crackheads asking me for change, than 8-10 kids ranging from age 6-14 throwing bricks and rocks and chunks of concrete at me. Which happened when I was very pregnant with my first kid, living on the "East End" of Cincinnati, before we moved up to the north end of Vine. The "hood" has since been gentrified, I hear, but I doubt if things have improved in the East End much.
I’ve never lived in really bad neighborhoods, but I did get mugged there once. That was enough for me to stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships