Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 05:05 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,857,037 times

Advertisements

Dennis, knowing you as I do from the forums, I would expect nothing less from you than what you described about your son and your divorce. You are compassionate and intelligent- and absolutely 100% right about what the kids will remember- and who they will respect.

Robyn, hope your trip is EXCELLENT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 12:15 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,464,343 times
Hello... I had a nice ride up here, a safe trip. The weather is much different. It was 25 degrees warmer in my state, and as I drove here the temp kept dropping and dropping.

The t shirt I wore was not sufficient, Lol. Glad I always have a jacket in my truck! I have been a little tired this evening. Got some sleep, now, cannot sleep, but working my way back to tired eyes, so that is a good thing.

very good to see my sister. We will walk down the street to my cousins house tomorrow. I forgot my Bible. I was leaving the house and I was looking around, knowing I was forgetting something... thats what I forgot.

I am sitting here in her guest room, but sleeping out on the couch. I look all around in this room, my sister has a lot of my moms things in here.

Pictures she had since I can remember, since I was a child. Funny, but nice to see these things ang go back to when I was a child, looking at these things.

We never went to church, never did anything like that. I was not introduced to the Lord until i was ready to introduce myself, in my early twenties. But growing up, we had this plaque of the Ten Commandments, and there it hangs.

My dad had a huge family Bible, I have no idea who got that.

I have a very nice family Bible that I bought ib one year for Fathers Day.He never did anything with it, and I still have it, in the original box it came in. I have filled out our family trees in there, etc.

I suppose it will go to one of the kids some day.

She asks me everytime I see her if I will ever get married again, always surprised at my answer of yes.

Oh well... I suppose it is time for me to venture on back to bed.....

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter..

Old 03-23-2008, 12:17 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,954,482 times
Happy Easter Robin!

Old 03-23-2008, 05:37 AM

672 posts, read 2,129,029 times
Good morning roybn
I hope you have a great visit with your family members, and a super great day!

Happy Easter Sunday!

P.S. Hope you have a safe drive back home this evening as well!

Old 03-23-2008, 06:07 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,195,353 times
Happy Easter to everyone!

Robyn - It sounds like the trip to your sister's is just what you needed. Enjoy it and have a safe trip home!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:45 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,267,959 times
Robyn-

So glad that you are at your sister's for Easter. I think it's good for the kids to see you out and with family. And next year they can come, too.

Since I've been on my own I haven't established any new traditions and old ones have fallen by the wayside. Reading your posts make me realize that I need to do that. Thank you!

Have a safe trip home.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:48 AM

29,002 posts, read 30,432,215 times
Robyn

Hi Robyn,
Just jumped on here....it's Easter Sunday Morning and wanted to say, wishing you a fun-filled time with your family....

Happy Easter to everyone!

Hugs
Creme

Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 AM

Thanks everyone!!!! Happy Happy Easter to you all! you know, HIF, i don't know if you remember, but last Christmas I took the kids to the waffle house for lunch. They loved it! Thought it was the neatest thing.

Will have a safe trip home and all that good stuff. I have to leave much earlier than I would like to to make sure I am home in time enough for ib to meet me with the kids...

Old 03-23-2008, 06:58 PM

Safe and sound!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:52 AM

Well, it's Monday. I hope everyone had a great Easter Sunday.

The moon sits pretty high up in the sky, behind chimes. The stars are visible, and the sky is so very bright, from this moon.

The moon I am speaking of is hiding behind many clouds in the air. They look like thin clouds, overlapping one another, sailing around up there.

Then there is the moon, dead center, behind it all. Lighting up the clouds which cover it, making them beautiful as well. Making their light color also brighten up the sky.

It is March 24, today is my sisters birthday. The sister that I just got home from her house. I think she is 52 today, maybe 51. I got her a card, her daughter and I. One of the musical ones... heehee

"Shes a BRICK HOUSE!" Oh we had so much fun singing and dancing with that card yesterday. Laughing. Who ever knew a little greeting card could hold so much fun? I don't know, but we do now! LOL

It was a good time there, interesting at times... just watching certain people. Listening. I have a huge smile on my face right now. I am in such a happy place. I love being in this place. Just as it is. I would not even change a single thing.

To be so happy.... is such a wonderful feeling. One that I have not ever had in this life of living. Right now... this is how I always want to feel. Oh, I am sure it can get better, but for now, I am liking this.

One thing, going home, I realized how much I missed my family. When I am here, I know that they are there, I can talk to them, all of that. But then being with them, doing things, drinking coffee together.... just being in eachothers presence. I miss that. I have not lived up there for 20 years, and I suppose that is why I am so used to it.

For all the years, at least since my mother has passed, his family, as crazy as they are, have been my family.

Now, it is just me and the kids. When they are gone, just me. So, I realize that I miss having someone. It wont always be this way, I know that.

But for now, it is how it is. I drove up there and everything was just so pretty. The hills, the trees, barns, just everything. I didn't want to come home. Of course here I am.

Back to the kids, back to chimes... back to work. My coffee made that sound that it is done about five minutes ago, but it is not in hand yet. What is up with that???

Last night I got to the meeting place about thirty minutes early. I fell asleep in my truck and then there was a little knock on my window, it was L. I looked up. They were waiting for me. I was tired from all the driving and had that time for a snooze.

His mother brought them, kids said, because he is sick. She sped off before knowingt hat they were safely in the vehicle with me. Her car was gone before the kids got into mine.

I looked at L and they have cut 3-4 more inches off of her hair. Her hair used to be almost down to her butt, and now it is at shoulder length. I asked her if they asked if she wanted it cut more and she said no, Grandmoma just started cutting it, Mommy.

They kept the kids coats. UGH. I just was so upset that she lef tthem like that. God forbid.. what if there was something the matter with me, there in my truck. She would have never known, and the kids would have been left standing outside my truck, on Easter Sunday with hardly anyone around.

I mean really, I can think of all kinds of scenarios. Sometimes I wish he would just leave town. Or that i could just leave town. It makes me crazy sick how they are.

I suppose I need to go get my coffee before my Monday is totally out the window, thinking of them.

Happy Monday peeps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships