Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 04:14 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,398,167 times

Advertisements

Good Morning. I figured that my 5000th post should go ahead and be in my own thread, this morning.

It has been a good few days for me here. I woke up this morning with a bit of a headache, maybe the coffee will make it go away. And the coffee is so good today. So very good.

I lift my Tink cup to you all, today! YAY!

I let the alarm go off for about 10 minutes this morning, just ignoring it, and laying there thinking. Thinking happy things. Thinking feel good things. I finally got up, and the clock said 5:11.

The kitties kept meowing at me.. get up, get up!!! Don't you hear the alarm? Little Moo, who is Mollie, got in my face, rubbed my cheek, meow?

Lucy just lay there.... snuggle kitty. Yes, I am the cat lady. They have both taken to sleeping on the right side of my bed. I have the left, and they have the right.

Sometimes I wake in the night, from a dream, and I gasp for air, as though I have not been breathing, as though I have been holding my breath. Lucy wakes up, and comes right to me. Her purr still sounding, she comes to me with a quiet little meow. You ok?

So, I am the cat lady... lol. I have my kids, and I have my cats.

The cats get up with me, the kids take forever. I walk down the stairs, the cats right next to me. I have to be very careful, so as not to have them trip me up going down the stairs. I get to the bottom of the stairs and I slip on my rocket dogs....(shoes)

I open the front door of chimes. It squeaks. Then the storm door, it makes a loud noise, one that I do not know the name of. Down the stairs I go, to behold the stars which were left out for me to see.

Clear sky, bright stars. The air is just a little cool, with alot of dampness. It is going to be a warm day out today. Like yesterday. I did not see the moon, I am thinking it is behind those tall, tall trees.

So now, both kids are up. I did not have to fight L as I usually do, to get her out of bed. She woke with just my call today, and she came down the stairs. She came down, without yelling from her room... I AM UP! I AM UP! Nope, today, she just walked down.

A came down several minutes early, us having been talking through the vent in his floor which comes down here into the dining room where I am. I love you Mommy, he says to me.

I am getting up now. I love you toooo! Good Morning!

He comes down the stairs, I can only laugh. He walks through the french doors of the living room with his back pack on. Only thing is, the only other clothes he has on are his underwear!

I was cracking up. He walked through, so tall, backpack on, lunch bag in hand... underwear. LOL.

I said... OMG I am blind!!!! I was laughing so hard. We both went into the kitchen and I hugged him as tight as I could, telling him that I loved him, zerberting him on the neck.

He goes to get some jeans from the top of the dryer, and here is L. I hug her, and smell her hair. I tell her I love her, and squeeze her tight. Her hair smells so good, I tell her so. I tell her she smells good enough to eat, and I go on to pretend I am going to eat her hair and neck.

I am gonna get your britches Mommy, she says! I get my very own zerbert from her, now, on my neck.

She says, I need to go in there, but I am going to wait, because A is all half naked in there... ewwww...

I laugh sitting here thinking of it. They are both in a very good mood this am. They stay with me this weekend. The only thing they want to do is go to the library and check out some books.

I can swing that. Last night I had A shair the couch with me. I had him move out of my spot and grabbed the blanket he was snuggling with. He sat on the rest of the couch. He said I am gonna go get my snuggly blanket, my superman cape. Before he can move from the couch, I flip up the afgan my mother made for me when she was sick from cancer onto him.

Aww Mommy, see, thats why I love you.... cuz you share... and cuz you're my Mommy. He snuggles with me. We are a bunch of snuggle bunnies around here.

I sat with him and we watched Smallville. He kept tickling me, and I was screaming. NO!!! No Tickling Mommy!!!

L came down from the shower. Joined in. I dont have a chance.

I love these kids so very much. They are just my life. My everything. If they hurt, I hurt. If they are happy, I am so very happy. My son picked out his classes for high school yesterday... Where has the time gone?

He was just a baby, laying across my lap, I was twenty, and he was a baby. His little butt up in the air. So many people at the house. I used to bathe him on the kitchen table. Before he could go in the water. It was just like yesterday. Tuesday, he will be fourteen.

Here is L, now, all dressed, looking like a young woman. I say to her... look at you, pretty girl. She smiles at me, and comes to me, a kiss on the cheek.

These are my mornings, for the most part, once everyone settles. Nothing but love, and kisses. Hugs.

This is the life. Monday cannot take me down. Monday was a bump. You know, maybe it was a hurdle. But I got over it. Just like everything else, I got over it.

What does not kill us makes us stronger.

With Him, I am everything, without Him, I am nothing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 04:30 AM

I just stretched really big, my arms over my head, and sort of behind me... L comes to me, Mommy, do that stretch thing again,

I have no idea why, but I do it.

As I am stretching, and my eyes are closed, my arms over my head, I feel two arms wrapping around me tight, and I smell her hair just under my face.

Aww, I love you Mommy.... I love you too, baby girl...

so sweet.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:58 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,080,193 times
Morning, Robyn & All, I'm going to have to take lessons from you from now on, bec my house doesn't sound as happy as your's does in the mornings. haha Have a good day at work everyone.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsV View Post
Morning, Robyn & All, I'm going to have to take lessons from you from now on, bec my house doesn't sound as happy as your's does in the mornings. haha Have a good day at work everyone.
Oh come on, MsV... come on get Happeeeeeee!!!!

Do this, put extra chocolate in your coffee, and it will be all good.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:12 AM

672 posts, read 2,126,879 times
Hi cinderoybn
I'm glad you're feeling better now. I read your posts this morning about 5:30 am from work. I'm home now, and a bit more relaxed. I've been out-of-the-loop the past couple of days. Another of our plants have been having some problems with their plating process, and they believe it to be chemical related. So anyway, I was deemed experienced enough by the powers that be, to go spend a couple of days at their plant, to help trace down the problem. I made sure the kitties were taken care of while I was gone. Now, I got to catch up on all the threads as I can. So, thats what I'm going to try and do. I will re-visit your thread soon, and I send my best hopes that things will continue to get better, and brighter for you, and your children. Take care!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:39 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,845,358 times
Oh Robyn, having a PDD child in my home, I have a good idea what you may have gone through. These things are hard on exceptional children and it seems to catch up in a massive outburst sometimes.

I commend you for being proactive in getting her to her doc rather than letting things blow over until the next storm.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:49 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,663,461 times
Robyn, I'm trying to read between the lines. Seems like the doctor visit was the best thing to do. I don't think J really understands L's situation. Sometimes when men can't fix things they tend to run or ignore the situation. I.E. Turning off his phone and going grocery shopping. I hope you have a great week end with the kids. When is spring break?

Old 03-14-2008, 06:48 PM

The drs visit was the best thing to do. Thank you Pirate Girl and Zonababe.

There was nothing else to do, I had to do that. It was effective, needed to be done, and the dr reinforced the things I had done already.

Spring Break starts the day after Easter. One week long.

He has the kids this Easter. He has them on even years for Easter, me, odd.

I am sure he will say, in the coming year, that it is Sunday, and he is suposed to have them, if it does not fall on my week. This is just how he is.

I was just looking at the paperwork from the court, and looking at all the holiday things, who what when where.

I am actually glad they are with him this Easter, because we are always with his family every Easter, and it is what they are used to. I am suposing that next year, I will take the kids to Maryland for Easter. I have not spent it with my family in more than 16 years.

Not this year either.

Tonight has been good so far, with the kids, they have gotten into some little arguements, without going all out... that is a good thing... I like it.

Well, I hope everyone is having a good Friday night... who remembers Friday Night Videos?

OMG I am so old!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,080,193 times
Friday night videos??? (you're still a kid!)
How about Friday nights watching a new "Alfred Hitchcock Presents," stretched out on your parent's bed?!! (now we're talkin OLD)

Sounds like all is well at this time, hope you continue to enjoy a peaceful weekend!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsV View Post
Friday night videos??? (you're still a kid!)
How about Friday nights watching a new "Alfred Hitchcock Presents," stretched out on your parent's bed?!! (now we're talkin OLD)

Sounds like all is well at this time, hope you continue to enjoy a peaceful weekend!
Oh MsV! I love Alfred Hitchcock... lol... Yes, Friday Night Videos.. it was a million kazillion years ago, for me...

I was in elementary school, I think... I can't even stay up that late anymore... I am so old.

OH! Good Morning all!!!!

Coffee is good again, I am telling you... squeeze some extra chocolate in that bad boy! Shazaaam!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships