Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 06:37 PM

220 posts, read 366,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I was married once to a liar and a cheater. His world, built on deceit, eventually crumbled beneath his feet, and I left him. The last civil word he said to me was, "I'm really sorry. You deserve better. I have a lot of regrets about how I treated you and our marriage."

I went on to marry a man who just so happens to be very good looking. He also has an outgoing personality and a terrific smile, coupled with a sense of humor and hearty laughter when he's amused. Women will flirt with him right in front of me. But you know why I'm not worried about him cheating on me? Because time and again, he's proven to me by his words and actions that he is an honest, kind man who respects me.

So - yes, I know it can happen to me. I know it happened to me in the past because I married a liar and a cheat. If I'd dated him long enough, I would have realized this before I married him and saved us both a lot of hassle.

I also know that thankfully, there are many men out there who are not at all like you and who do not seek relationships outside of their marriage or monogamous commitment. You'd do well to go seek some of those men out and ask THEM how they developed such good character, rather than offering ADVICE to others about your lying, cheating behaviors and your ability to attract women.

I wish your wife luck. She's going to need it.

I figured that, based on your previous posts. I am glad that you found true happiness, even if it was with a future man. I hope that your ex was able to become a better man, and I am sure that he will forever regret his actions as he has from what I can tell, lost a gem. Still, he deserves happiness too. Hopefully he has found it.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,770,938 times
You said you were lonely. Why don't you try to bond more with your wife?

Old 07-21-2013, 06:39 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,382,996 times
Can we agree that what you're doing is wrong?

If you can, then can we agree that you need to STOP. Like, right NOW.

If you agree that you need to stop....why don't you? Serious question.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:40 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,708,682 times
You didn't address how ashamed your wife and children will be once your exposed to the world (and make no mistake you will be exposed)...just because your wife knows your "secret" privately...the pain she will experience when everyone knows will be great...it will be humiliating for her and your children...hopefully they will all recover and realize that living in the truth is the best way... Unlike others on here I feel sorry for you... Are you are just another wolf posing as a family man? I don't think so...I think you are missing something in your personality...that no amount of therapy is going to find.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post

Serial cheaters can not stop, due to trauma they've had in their childhood.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
For someone who believes that they have so much wisdom and insight, you certainly are not able to apply it to your own life. And then you have the ego to attempt to "open the floor" as if to offer advice to others when you have stated several times that you have no remorse for what you have done. Seriously....take a seat! The only people who you are fooling have their BS meter turned off.

I already mentioned that I am unable to apply this to my own life. You're stating the redundant I believe that's already been established.

I didn't say I have no remorse. I said I didn't "feel guilt". Those are separate things. I know on a logical level that not feeling guilt is not normal. Again, this is the reason why I have sought help. It seems to me that your problem is that my tone has come off as prideful or amusement about my actions. I don't know how else to relay this but I don't feel any pride in this at all. If I have portrayed anything else, for that I apologize to you.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:46 PM

469 posts, read 569,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Serial cheaters can not stop, due to trauma they've had in their childhood.
agreed, but those who make the mistake once and regret it, never do it again.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post

I already agreed to this point in my very first post.

And who said I haven't "stopped"?

Again, you're missing the big picture. Stopping isnt enough. Stopping isnt the cure. Think deeper.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,708,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
You would think so...but some are so self-destructive they don't...

Old 07-21-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
Those are a different type of cheater, not a serial cheater. Those are non-serial cheaters and they don't have the same childhood trauma as serial cheaters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships