Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 04:45 PM

68 posts, read 89,244 times

Advertisements

You need help big time- I'd say moral help more than anything. 100s of women while still married. Sheesh. Do your vows mean nothing to you? Why aren't you ashamed of yourself?

Old 07-21-2013, 04:47 PM

220 posts, read 365,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkonrad View Post
You need help big time- I'd say moral help more than anything.

Yes Joe, I do. Help is being sought. Thank you

Old 07-21-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandAmused View Post
Yes Joe, I do. Help is being sought. Thank you
You're welcome.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
You need help big time- I'd say moral help more than anything. 100s of women while still married. Sheesh. Do your vows mean nothing to you? Why aren't you ashamed of yourself?

Are these questions rhetorical? Or do you really want to know the answers.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandAmused View Post
Are these questions rhetorical? Or do you really want to know the answers.
What's important is that you ask the questions. I don't need to hear them.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
What's important is that you ask the questions. I don't need to hear them.
Just checking. And Joe, I am way past that. But thanks anyway

Old 07-21-2013, 05:19 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,534,346 times
I don't have any questions for you. I am uninterested in why you cheat and lie.

Thank goodness there are good men out there who don't share your values - or the lack thereof.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:20 PM

774 posts, read 1,700,524 times
Against my better judgment, I wade in again.

Guess what? In a very real sense, you have failed to ask yourself one of those questions.
"Why aren't you ashamed of yourself?"

You'll doubtless answer at once: "Oh but I am, I am!"

But I say you're not, because if you were you would have stopped long ago, or never have begun.

The fact is that not only are you not ashamed of yourself (even though you know you should be) but you are actually proud, vain even, and if you take a dispassionate view of your life (or even of your comments in this thread) you will see that you're actually proud of what you do.

Why it makes you proud is something you could really stand to ponder.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:22 PM

48,721 posts, read 35,297,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't have any questions for you. I am uninterested in why you cheat and lie.

Thank goodness there are good men out there who don't share your values - or the lack thereof.
I'll quote you because I was going to write the same thing.

It's not very interesting.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-21-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archguy View Post
Against my better judgment, I wade in again.

Guess what? In a very real sense, you have failed to ask yourself one of those questions.
"Why aren't you ashamed of yourself?"

You'll doubtless answer at once: "Oh but I am, I am!"

But I say you're not, because if you were you would have stopped long ago, or never have begun.

The fact is that not only are you not ashamed of yourself (even though you know you should be) but you are actually proud, vain even, and if you take a dispassionate view of your life (or even of your comments in this thread) you will see that you're actually proud of what you do.

Why it makes you proud is something you could really stand to ponder.

I am neither ashamed or proud. However, I want to feel ashamed because I know that logically, I am supposed to! I feel shame and guilt in many other areas of my life, but in this case I have not felt that yet. You are quick to label me as proud but I don't know where you get that. I've reiterated that I know this is wrong and I am currently undertaking steps to correct my behavior, on my own. Isn't the first step the most important one?

It's easy to make rash and incorrect judgements. I am not proud of this at all. I think you assume that based upon my generally bland and dispassionate statements. I am simply trying to convey the situation in a simple manner. It seems that you've read too much into it.

There is nothing vain about having a serious problem such as this one. I am just a regular human being. I've tried and done well in my life in other areas, and this is my life's obstacle. Granted, I placed it there on my own, but it's still my greatest obstacle and I intend to overcome it, with hard work, wise guidance, and a little bit of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.