Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 02:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandAmused View Post
I am not concerned or frightened about my wife's opinion of me as a cheater. I'm not sure where you got that from but I'd guess its another assumption. And yes, I am very concerned about my legacy as a father to my kids. I can definitely imagine that, so you're incorrect again.

And everything you described which would be necessary is taking place. So I am not sure why you still think I'm trying to 'get away with it'. Yes I stated that my hope is to have a healthy relationship with my wife and salvage the family unit, but that is not my ultimate goal. My ultimate goal is to be a healthy man and salvage myself. Once I am in that position, I will be available to salvage my relationships with others.
When you stop worrying about correcting people who are "wrong," you will get healthier faster.

Your "legacy as a father"? Honey, your kids don't care about your legacy. More narcissistic jargon. What they will find out suddenly one day is that dad had lots of girlfriends while he was still married to mom. There is no way to couch that in therapy language to make it go down easier. It fundamentally changes how they think of you and how they interact with you.

You do some things that are VERY common to serial cheaters: Casting your wife in an almost saintlike role, which may be very close to the truth but is not going to help you in marriage counseling, and enjoying your role as an "experienced" cheater who readily helps others to avoid cheaters. This just keeps you from feeling real remorse and working on REAL recovery.

Of course you are very concerned about your wife's opinion of you or you would just be out with it already.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,677,744 times
First I want to know, if your handle is "DazedandAmazed" why did you sign your OP "LMB"?

Old 07-21-2013, 02:18 PM

220 posts, read 364,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
When you stop worrying about correcting people who are "wrong," you will get healthier faster.

Your "legacy as a father"? Honey, your kids don't care about your legacy. More narcissistic jargon. What they will find out suddenly one day is that dad had lots of girlfriends while he was still married to mom. There is no way to couch that in therapy language to make it go down easier. It fundamentally changes how they think of you and how they interact with you.

You do some things that are VERY common to serial cheaters: Casting your wife in an almost saintlike role, which may be very close to the truth but is not going to help you in marriage counseling, and enjoying your role as an "experienced" cheater who readily helps others to avoid cheaters.

Of course you are very concerned about your wife's opinion of you or you would just be out with it already.

I am not concerned about my wifes opinion because she already knows what I have done and what my problem is. She knows Im in therapy about it and she is soon t join me. I'm not sure why you keep insisting you know things that you don't.

Your other points are duly noted. I assume they are with the intention of providing constructive criticism, and for that I thank you, even if we disagree.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
First I want to know, if your handle is "DazedandAmazed" why did you sign your OP "LMB"?
It's not important.

Where in the Bay Area are you? I spent many years in the East Bay. Didn't enjoy it as much as Southern California but Northern California does have its rare gems which I enjoy, including the Napa area, Monterey, and my favorite place on earth - Point Reyes National Seashore.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
It's not important.

Where in the Bay Area are you? I spent many years in the East Bay. Didn't enjoy it as much as Southern California but Northern California does have its rare gems which I enjoy, including the Napa area, Monterey, and my favorite place on earth - Point Reyes National Seashore.
I'm in the North Bay Area, wine country, 30 mins from the coast. It's very, very pretty but kind of boring for a single person, since everyone is married. I grew up in southern California and am planning on moving back there.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I'm in the North Bay Area, wine country, 30 mins from the coast. It's very, very pretty but kind of boring for a single person, since everyone is married. I grew up in southern California and am planning on moving back there.
I grew up in Bakersfield (I still love that place believe it or not) but I spent 6 years in Orange County and one in San Diego. I lived in Fullerton and Huntington Beach. I really miss it there. I wish I could move back but theres just nothing in my job field for me to do there. Such a shame.

Where are you thinking of moving back to?

Old 07-21-2013, 02:48 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,880,382 times
I had an infamous confession once...

I think you should tell your wife, OP. Not necessarily the sheer number, but the fact that you have been unfaithful. And if you truly want to keep her in your life and want to change, tell her that too (but only if you are serious about stopping your seductive ways).

Old 07-21-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I had a confession once... :X

How'd it go?

Old 07-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I grew up in Bakersfield (I still love that place believe it or not) but I spent 6 years in Orange County and one in San Diego. I lived in Fullerton and Huntington Beach. I really miss it there. I wish I could move back but theres just nothing in my job field for me to do there. Such a shame.

Where are you thinking of moving back to?
San Diego.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
San Diego.

Oh, heaven on earth? Yeah, go back. Oh how I miss Del Mar and Solana Beach
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.