Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,681,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandAmused View Post
You're only half correct, in my case. Who taught you that nonsense? They can stop. I have been faithful in the past. I was completely faithful for 3 years in a previous relationship. It was only after my wife became unexpectedly pregnant (when I was 24) did I begin this nightmare.
I don't know. Good luck though.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:45 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,053,319 times
Quote:
I'm just a regular human being. I've tried and done well in my life in other areas, and this is my life's obstacle. Granted, I placed it there on my own, but it's still my greatest obstacle and I intend to overcome it, with hard work, wise guidance, and a little bit of luck.
... and a very forgiving wife.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:47 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,975,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You created this thread to relive your exploits and to reminisce about your conquests. That was the turn-on for you. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with helping out the dumb little lambs that run into guys like you.

And seriously, you trying to offer up relationship advice is like a fat kid trying to dish out dieting tips.
The best post ever!!!! Bravo, Bravo~~~~

Old 07-21-2013, 09:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
Quote:
I have asked my therapist. Apparently I am not a sociopath, nor do I have any personality disorders as far as we can tell. What do you do for a living? I hope that for those out there who are sick and need help, the don't ask for your professional opinion, else they might be led in the wrong direction. You aren't a professional who can make this diagnosis.

And helping a guy who needs a little encouragement is something I am proud to do, yes. If the content of the message is helpful, then I am happy about it, yes. But that has nothing to do with my cheating. Those are separate issues, and they are unrelated. If I were a faithful husband, I would have given him the same advice. My intentions were not to teach him how to cheat, or play the field, therefore I won't apologize for that.
Ask your therapist what "compartmentalizing" is.

Wait - I have a better idea. Change therapists. Whatever it is yours is supposed be accomplishing is obviously not being accomplished.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:55 PM

50 posts, read 82,552 times
Kind of a strange project for a counselor to suggest someone to undertake but this shock value of being vilified might open up some pores and let a fresh breeze in. I do think, considering that the majority of respondents have been women, that there's a sense of the whole 'this guy typifies men and now is my chance to give him a piece of my mind'.

But he is definitely right when he says not all men are like him, though for some reason, a lot of women seem to be attracted to men like him, which makes the whole 'men-are-pigs' ideal seem to have more truth to it than it actually does. Strange quirk of society that so many women are attracted to the guy that turns them into cynics who are pent-up on web forums giving the same mould of guy grief at whatever time of the morning it is ...

Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi View Post
Kind of a strange project for a counselor to suggest someone to undertake but this shock value of being vilified might open up some pores and let a fresh breeze in. I do think, considering that the majority of respondents have been women, that there's a sense of the whole 'this guy typifies men and now is my chance to give him a piece of my mind'.
He doesn't typify men to me - he just sounds like a liar and a cheater, and anyone, male or female, can have those character flaws.

As for the effectiveness of this dubious "project," considering he's deflected constantly, given pointers to men about how to attract women, and seems to have an odd absence of any sort of emotion, I'd say that so far, this project is an abysmal failure.

Back to the drawing board, counselor!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 PM

50 posts, read 82,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
He doesn't typify men to me - he just sounds like a liar and a cheater, and anyone, male or female, can have those character flaws.

As for the effectiveness of this dubious "project," considering he's deflected constantly, given pointers to men about how to attract women, and seems to have an odd absence of any sort of emotion, I'd say that so far, this project is an abysmal failure.

Back to the drawing board, counselor!
Because in his original post he definitely *didn't* say he was out to give advice. Nor did he say he expected hate. *sarcasm* Seems like for all the respondents who've reacted as you are, with a vendetta, he's responding pretty humanely in comparison.

It's only a failure if it doesn't promote a change.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Because in his original post he definitely *didn't* say he was out to give advice. Nor did he say he expected hate. *sarcasm*
Really? Come on - he's offering advice in the TITLE of the thread!

Quote:
The Confession of a Prolific cheater. Offering advice to women, or men.
No thanks - I'll pass.

Quote:
Seems like for all the respondents who've reacted as you are, with a vendetta, he's responding pretty humanely in comparison.
Ted Bundy was polite too. I'm unimpressed.

I don't have any sort of "vendetta" - I'm just calling BS on him. There IS a difference.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,562,078 times
Quote:
Because in his original post he definitely *didn't* say he was out to give advice. Nor did he say he expected hate. *sarcasm* Seems like for all the respondents who've reacted as you are, with a vendetta, he's responding pretty humanely in comparison.

Umm, its in his thread title...

The Confession of a Prolific cheater. Offering advice to women, or men.

(ETA: KA beat me to it!)

Old 07-21-2013, 10:28 PM

He wasn't offering advice in his OP? Let's see - from the OP, since apparently the full horror of it has become dulled:

Quote:
Anyway, all this practice in lying and dating multiple women all with different personalities also taught me how to speak to women. There are certain things that women want to hear, and how they want to hear it. Voice fluctuation is important in relaying information that builds credibility, as well as bringing out certain emotions or thoughts that I needed them to feel or think at any given time.
But wait - there's MORE!

Quote:
So anyway, here I am. I have met many women (friends or acquaintances, not lovers) who have no idea of my secret life, who always mention to me about troubles in their relationships with men, and ask me for advice. They have always returned and thanked me for my insight, whether they were warnings about infidelity, or giving supportive advice in defense of these men.
And this:

Quote:
I really enjoy giving advice which leads to the benefit of another relationship. I believe in love, true love, and romance, and believe ever person deserves and needs these things in their lives. On the flip-side, love blinds us and I also get much pleasure in sighting warning flags which otherwise go unnoticed.
This isn't offering advice?

Quote:
So, if you want the unabridged and subjective (or even objective) advice from a serial cheater, feel free to ask away.
Here's a real jewel of a phrase:

Quote:
I can't save women from myself yet, but if I can save them from another douche, then I get a lot of satisfaction in helping them in that way.
Good grief. Please spare us whatever "advice" you think you can offer.

I feel very sorry for his "handful of kids" by the way. I hope he leaves them enough money in his will to pay for years of QUALITY counseling - they're going to need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.