Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 11:01 PM

774 posts, read 1,694,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi View Post

Motive begets all action, and motive tells everything that anyone need know. The man is giving advice to men on how to pick up women, for those men who struggle with it. I fail to see how that is a bad thing. These men obviously aren't inclined to be womanizers like the OP, because if they were, they wouldn't need advice on picking up women. It might be beneficial for some genuine, decent blokes to learn a thing or two about the seeming esoteric, unattainable charm that attracts women.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:03 PM

50 posts, read 82,519 times
For a woman who hates cheaters, you're certainly intent on discouraging the guy from having any belief that he can be a faithful spouse.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
So what? You trying to say you're better than he is? Is that the point then?
Wow, your response is to put words in my mouth? No, that's not my point, but now that you mention it - YES, I AM a better spouse than he is. Though I'm pretty sure he's a better flirt than I am.

Quote:
All I've heard you promote is how he is going to fail. Seriously, it's exhausting. Probably the least constructive way anyone can be.
I'm not trying to build up his ego - or even his self confidence, for that matter. I think he's full of crap, and I'm calling his hand on it.

That's it, really. Not too complicated.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
For a woman who hates cheaters, you're certainly intent on discouraging the guy from having any belief that he can be a faithful spouse.
He's got bigger problems than being unfaithful. His issues are much more fundamental than that. His unfaithfulness is just a symptom of a much deeper problem.

In order for him to conquer this extremely destructive behavior, he is going to have to drop the BS - not just the BS he uses on others, but the BS he tells himself all the time. For instance, he claims to appreciate and respect his wife, and women in general - and then in the very next sentence, he claims to derive great satisfaction from "breaking women's hearts." He claims to be a "good person," and then proceeds to describe how he has cheated on and lied to his wife for fifteen years - with literally hundreds of other women. Sorry, dude, but a "good person" doesn't think this way or behave this way. He needs to, first and foremost, own the fact that he is a TERRIBLE husband and father.

Most spouses have a low tolerance level for cheaters and liars, by the way. I'm not that unusual.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about, 'words in your mouth', you absolute American.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote:
'I am a faithful spouse, and he is not'. You think you're better than him and reckon it gives you the right to be a d*** about it.
I don't "think," - I KNOW that I am a better spouse than he is, because I honor the vows I made on my wedding day, and he most assuredly does not. That's what we're talking about here - marriage vows, fidelity, honesty, all that good jazz. He sucks at it. I'm good at it. I'm also good at spotting bull.

As for judging whether he's the better person or I am, I'll leave that chore to Someone Else.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
He's got bigger problems than being unfaithful. His issues are much more fundamental than that. His unfaithfulness is just a symptom of a much deeper problem.

In order for him to conquer this extremely destructive behavior, he is going to have to drop the BS - not just the BS he uses on others, but the BS he tells himself all the time. For instance, he claims to appreciate and respect his wife, and women in general - and then in the very next sentence, he claims to derive great satisfaction from "breaking women's hearts." He claims to be a "good person," and then proceeds to describe how he has cheated on and lied to his wife for fifteen years - with literally hundreds of other women. Sorry, dude, but a "good person" doesn't think this way or behave this way. He needs to, first and foremost, own the fact that he is a TERRIBLE husband and father.

Most spouses have a low tolerance level for cheaters and liars, by the way. I'm not that unusual.
I have little time for people like you, at all. I grew up in a dysfunctional, generally unrelenting, sometimes violent home that made me quite hardy to suffering plenty types of annoying, abusive people but those I can't stand, oddly enough, are those who think they have the right to put themselves up on a high horse because they do something better than someone else. Let's be honest, everyone has dirty little secrets. So people who pretend to be so moral and who take the high-ground are just hypocrites. You're saying yourself that he's lying to himself, well in fact, so are you. You're not better than him.

I have more sympathy and understanding for this guy going through counselling, having issues with his mother and upbringing, than I do for you being in a good marriage and giving some stranger grief about his mistakes on the internet.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:18 PM

It doesn't take any balls to dole out the grief to someone who is big enough to come forward and admit they're f***ed up. Anyone can pretend they're a goody-two shoes.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
I have little time for people like you, at all. I grew up in a dysfunctional, generally unrelenting, sometimes violent home that made me quite hardy to suffering plenty types of annoying, abusive people but those I can't stand, oddly enough, are those who think they have the right to put themselves up on a high horse because they do something better than someone else. Let's be honest, everyone has dirty little secrets. So people who pretend to be so moral and who take the high-ground are just hypocrites. You're saying yourself that he's lying to himself, well in fact, so are you. You're not better than him.

I have more sympathy and understanding for this guy going through counselling, having issues with his mother and upbringing, than I do for you being in a good marriage and giving some stranger grief about his mistakes on the internet.
You don't know a thing about me or what I've lived through, and yet you judge SO HARSHLY.

I think that's pretty hypocritical...not to mention contradictory.

As for having little time for people like me - frankly, that's a relief. Maybe you'll quit talking to me soon, or even better - put me on ignore!

(Though actually, you're not bothering me - I'm getting a kick out of your peculiar brand of self righteous indignation.)

Old 07-21-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
It doesn't take any balls to dole out the grief to someone who is big enough to come forward and admit they're f***ed up. Anyone can pretend they're a goody-two shoes.
Oh come on, are you really this dense? I'm not chastising him for "admitting he's f****d up - I'm calling his hand on all manner of other BS he's doling out. "I'm a good guy." NO HE'S NOT. "I respect women." NO HE DOESN'T. "I love my wife." ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. "I have a handful of kids." OMG.

He probably has more kids than he knows about.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
eh, big deal, you have made a "confession" on a public forum to a bunch of strangers who in all honesty could give a hoot owls puke about what you do in your life.

Why not be a "real man" and "confess" to your better than perfect wife then let us know how it goes?

Apparantly she isn't such a good person or you would not feel the need to lie, cheat or confess.

**Nothing more to see here folks move along in an orderly manner, please put your trash in the receptacle on your way out and will the last one out turn off the lights, thank you in advance and have any kind of life you deserve. **
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships