Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:46 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,225,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
*SMH* Those are the worst sort of people. Really, how much more of a coward can they possibly become if they can't even openly state their opinions on an online forum?
Haha yeah and the reps too. They don't even tell me who they are.

Some of the reps were really nice though. So thanks to whoever said that they like me and I have good insight for my age, but I'm over-the-top sometimes. Can't argue with that last part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,220,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Not reaaallllly trying to involve myself here but I've gotta say.. it's 50/50. There's a lot of female posters in this sub-forum that are clearly man-haters. I think it's the same for bitter people of both genders: they get scorned and instead of picking themselves up, dusting themselves off, and moving on without any hard feelings, they hold on to their anger for some strange reason. Not every relationship you have in life is going to work, not everyone you date is going to turn out to be the person you marry. Accept it, and move forward.
I think there are far more men with the chip than women. There are a few women, but they don't get agreement from most of the other women on this forum.

Quote:
We're all glad that you have a great marriage but remember that it's always possible that one day you'll be here posting about a problem and won't want people rubbing in your face how wonderful their relationships are and shoving the assertion that because you're having a problem or are single there 'must be something wrong with you' down your throat. I'm single because I want to be at this juncture in my life, not because I have weird personality issues or am a blubbering idiot when I talk to guys. What's right for one isn't always right for another.
Hey, I'm not the one that brought my marriage into this thread. Other members did that. Nor did I say anything about single people, so don't superimpose your stuff on me. This thread was created to address the many recent threads blaming others for their lives and to give people the opportunity to look at themselves. And really, isn't that what the assumptions are about?

Old 12-24-2012, 04:52 PM

868 posts, read 1,123,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think there are far more men with the chip than women. There are a few women, but they don't get agreement from most of the other women on this forum.

Hey, I'm not the one that brought my marriage into this thread. Other members did that. Nor did I say anything about single people, so don't superimpose your stuff on me. This thread was created to address the many recent threads blaming others for their lives and to give people the opportunity to look at themselves. And really, isn't that what the assumptions are about?
Please refer to the bolded part. It's the only part of your post that I agree with.

What's your problem though? Why do you care so much?

Old 12-24-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
So what if both parties are on trajectory A, but one person is still not available to the other. Would it then be okay to wage a complaint or blamestorm?
I don't see the point of blaming the object of your affection for not wanting you under any circumstance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
@ Braunwyn

There are also plenty of women trashing men on this site, but I don't see you doing anything but contributing to that. In fact, you know as well as the rest of us that this thread was meant as another jab at the fellers' on this forum who you seem to continually bash and look down on. I'm actually quite surprised that a lot of what is posted here by you and others is even allowed.
I never support women trashing men on this site. I have vocalized disagreement on many occasions. You may not notice it, but it is the case. I am convinced it is to a much lesser degree and just not as bad. The threads last night referring to single moms as good for nothing other than a hole to screw. Threads calling women nothing but gold diggers. I've seen men on this forum state women serve no other purpose on this planet, but for sex and breeding. It's unbelievable and women on this forum who hate men (all 3-4 of them) don't go there save for one.
Quote:
It's Christmas anyway. To put it bluntly, why not be nice to people? That goes to you and to others who contribute to misandry or misogony
How is this thread so horrible? It's a thread that states you will see who is responsible for your life in the mirror. For many it will probably be a good thing. The reactions are telling, tho. People clearly don't like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
LOL now you're trying to act all cool. But yeah, you do get very ruffled. You're just pulling it back now because I'm calling you out on your bullsh*t.
You pulled an example of where you were off the mark, so you're calling yourself out on your own bullshyte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Here we go again.

Some people DON'T want a relationship. They might have at one time. They are practical. They've done the math/probability analysis. They've looked at the "funnel" analogy. I know many people who are decent looking, are sufficiently educated, and have decent jobs ... and they're NOT looking.

They have their friends, their families, their hobbies and special interests, their continuing education requirements, their pets, and their travels.

I am wondering why there is a rash of these "see, here's what the problem with you is" threads.
This thread is not about single people living their lives. This thread is about people who complain and blame others for their situations.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:00 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,045,993 times
Quote:

Um, read the title of the thread Braunwyn. Read your words in the opening post. Don't backpedal, what you wrote was mean! Let me ask you this, if you were single and feeling a little down on your luck, especially around the holiday season, how would you take someone who is married, pregnant, and perceptibly happy with their relationship status making a post like this? I'd take it for what it is: insulting.

Anyway, happy holidays everyone.

Peace Out.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Please refer to the bolded part. It's the only part of your post that I agree with.

What's your problem though? Why do you care so much?
To repeat, following a littering of blame threads, and a good piece of advice from another member this morning (a guy), I decided to start this thread. It's a simple concept.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Um, read the title of the thread Braunwyn. Read your words in the opening post. Don't backpedal, what you wrote was mean! Let me ask you this, if you were single and feeling a little down on your luck, especially around the holiday season, how would you take someone who is married, pregnant, and perceptibly happy with their relationship status making a post like this? I'd take it for what it is: insulting.

Anyway, happy holidays everyone.

Peace Out.
I agree. I didn't mean to hurt people down on their luck. I had others in mind, not someone like you.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,221,090 times
Quote:
Not reaaallllly trying to involve myself here but I've gotta say.. it's 50/50. There's a lot of female posters in this sub-forum that are clearly man-haters. I think it's the same for bitter people of both genders: they get scorned and instead of picking themselves up, dusting themselves off, and moving on without any hard feelings, they hold on to their anger for some strange reason. Not every relationship you have in life is going to work, not everyone you date is going to turn out to be the person you marry. Accept it, and move forward.

We're all glad that you have a great marriage but remember that it's always possible that one day you'll be here posting about a problem and won't want people rubbing in your face how wonderful their relationships are and shoving the assertion that because you're having a problem or are single there 'must be something wrong with you' down your throat. I'm single because I want to be at this juncture in my life, not because I have weird personality issues or am a blubbering idiot when I talk to guys. What's right for one isn't always right for another.
There are haters of both persuasions. I'm sure the misogynists have me pegged as a misandrist.

However, what cracks me up is that so many of the women that some of the men call misandrists are either married or in committed LTRs. It makes no sense to me: If she's a man-hater, why would she be with a man?

Even better, the charges of misandry tend to come from single men.

I have my theories about this phenomenon. It could be sour grapes. It could be jealousy. It could also be that some of these guys feel they don't have anything to lose by lashing out at committed women: There's no chance of getting in their pants, so there's no reason to be nice to them. And frankly, it probably galls some of them that there are women in this world who represent what they want for themselves WITH women--happy marriages or partnerships--but cannot have because of their own hang-ups.

As for people with good relationships one day posting about their problems, part of what makes a good relationship good is the ability to work out problems without having to resort to asking strangers on the Internet. Don't get me wrong: If someone has an issue and I think I could help, I'll try. But the fact that someone is coming to strangers instead of his or her own partner says a lot about the communication in the marriage or relationship right there.

So I don't think anyone who has a good, solid marriage or relationship would ever come here posting about a problem. You'd most likely only hear of the break-up or divorce, and well after the fact, and you'd probably only catch it indirectly, like if someone you knew to be married posted a year later about a "significant other" of some sort, instead of a spouse. Most of these folks would know that private matters are best handled privately. See: Preceding paragraph.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:

There's 2 types of women on this forum:

1) Normal cool chicks (like Ruth, Kimbo, Lilac)
2) Feminist psychos (I don't think I really need to point them out, do I?)

These 2 classes of women commonly disagree from what I've seen.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
There are haters of both persuasions. I'm sure the misogynists have me pegged as a misandrist.

However, what cracks me up is that so many of the women that some of the men call misandrists are either married or in committed LTRs. It makes no sense to me: If she's a man-hater, why would she be with a man?

Even better, the charges of misandry tend to come from single men.

I have my theories about this phenomenon. It could be sour grapes. It could be jealousy. It could also be that some of these guys feel they don't have anything to lose by lashing out at committed women: There's no chance of getting in their pants, so there's no reason to be nice to them. And frankly, it probably galls some of them that there are women in this world who represent what they want for themselves WITH women--happy marriages or partnerships--but cannot have because of their own hang-ups.

As for people with good relationships one day posting about their problems, part of what makes a good relationship good is the ability to work out problems without having to resort to asking strangers on the Internet. Don't get me wrong: If someone has an issue and I think I could help, I'll try. But the fact that someone is coming to strangers instead of his or her own partner says a lot about the communication in the marriage or relationship right there.

So I don't think anyone who has a good, solid marriage or relationship would ever come here posting about a problem. You'd most likely only hear of the break-up or divorce, and well after the fact, and you'd probably only catch it indirectly, like if someone you knew to be married posted a year later about a "significant other" of some sort, instead of a spouse.
You have your flare-ups at times, but I think you're pretty cool and rational, overall.

Also, just because a girl is married, it doesn't mean that they don't hate men.

Many of the feminists on this site seem to think that I hate women, but, yet, I date many women and have many female friends (I just choose to not be in a relationship at this time). It certainly goes both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships