Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 03:51 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,518,412 times

Advertisements

What's a PUA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 03:52 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,239,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Exactly my point.

Many of the people that are on this forum complaining about their dating problems don't have that level of depth. HOWEVER, that level can be created if they go about it the right way, which is why they need actual advice.

Am I speaking another language here?
Um, you are disagreeing and agreeing at the same time. That's confusing language at the least.
Quote:
I agree with you on some points. Most things that people have in life are not due to luck (I get that too when people talk about my career and my dating life; they don't see the hard work I put into it). My point is that, based on what I've seen you post on this forum, you don't seem like a very nice person (so it's hard for me to believe that you attract good guys by skill).
I'm nice to nice people. I'm good to good people. I'm not nice to ignorant, bigoted, sexist fools. I have zero tolerance for sexism and hate against women on the internet (the only place I see it to the level of interaction). Those are the types who typically don't like me and that's really the ideal. Sorry, but you won't find one post in my thousands of posts on this forum ever talking trash about an ex, a male friend, or any of the men in my life save my father. I surround myself with good, intelligent, productive, and talented people who simply do not behave and speak in ways that would warrant a negative reaction from me. In the end, that's the measuring stick- what and who we have going on in our lives.

As an aside, if not for the internet I would not even be aware that there were a segment of men in the US population that held such vitriol towards women.
Quote:
I never said I'm a PUA. I have studied it though. You can't fix people by giving them "PUA tactics" (as you would refer to them, in a shallow matter), but you can fix them by giving them real world advice, tell them what to do in specific situations, and give them exact advice on how to go about fixing themselves (which is what PUA REALLY is).
Whatever the case. You adhere to the principles according to your previous posts IIRC. I'm familiar with the messages, the PUA leaders, the filth that comes out of PUA forums. I've done my homework as I do with most topics. I find the whole lot to be largely comprised of hate and using. Even PUA males advocating that they hurt other males. It's just gross.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what do you believe that I'm lying to guys on here about?
I think it's mutual, not just one sided coming from you, nor can I remember specifics right now, but I think it's horse crap to tell a human to apply this or that tacit without spending some real internal time with themselves. I see it as snake oil. Or the idea if you just do this or that you'll be ok. Throw in some insults at women, a bunch of I don't give a shyte's (when all of you very much so give a shyte), do a hoorah for the night, and then the next day rinse/wash/repeat.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:55 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,217,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What's a PUA?
Pick up artist. It gets a bad rap by people with obvious Agendas who've never read any of the material and are only going by what others have told them

Old 12-24-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
What's a PUA?
Pick up artist.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:07 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,227,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Um, you are disagreeing and agreeing at the same time. That's confusing language at the least.
I'm nice to nice people. I'm good to good people. I'm not nice to ignorant, bigoted, sexist fools. I have zero tolerance for sexism and hate against women on the internet (the only place I see it to the level of interaction). Those are the types who typically don't like me and that's really the ideal. Sorry, but you won't find one post in my thousands of posts on this forum ever talking trash about an ex, a male friend, or any of the men in my life save my father. I surround myself with good, intelligent, productive, and talented people who simply do not behave and speak in ways that would warrant a negative reaction from me. In the end, that's the measuring stick- what and who we have going on in our lives.

As an aside, if not for the internet I would not even be aware that there were a segment of men in the US population that held such vitriol towards women.
Whatever the case. You adhere to the principles according to your previous posts IIRC. I'm familiar with the messages, the PUA leaders, the filth that comes out of PUA forums. I've done my homework as I do with most topics. I find the whole lot to be largely comprised of hate and using. Even PUA males advocating that they hurt other males. It's just gross.

I think it's mutual, not just one sided coming from you, nor can I remember specifics right now, but I think it's horse crap to tell a human to apply this or that tacit without spending some real internal time with themselves. I see it as snake oil. Or the idea if you just do this or that you'll be ok. Throw in some insults at women, a bunch of I don't give a shyte's (when all of you very much so give a shyte), do a hoorah for the night, and then the next day rinse/wash/repeat.
Based on your posts, you seem to think that you're too cool for school. You interpret everything that everybody says as "woman-hating." Everything. I remember one time (and I only remember it because it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard....both IRL and on the internet) you flipped out on me for pages and pages of a thread because I used the term "girl" instead of "woman." That's psycho stuff right there.

PUA is not about negs (nobody even uses that stuff anymore....it's outdated, even for those guys). It's about self-improvement. I hate that name because a more accurate representation would be "dating coach." If anything, it would HELP most of the bitter guys on here get better with women and become less bitter.

You haven't done proper research into it or you would know that.

And don't say you don't give a "shyte." Your posts can be just as charged as everybody else's. I've seen many of them.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,234,486 times
Quote:
What's a PUA?

Pretty Useless Ahole.

Oops, my agenda is showing.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Pretty Useless Ahole.

hahahaha I like the creativity.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Based on your posts, you seem to think that you're too cool for school. You interpret everything that everybody says as "woman-hating."
Hmm, too cool for school. That's funny. Anyhow, I do not interpret everything as woman-hating. The vast majority of the men on this forum, and all the men I know off line, are women lovers. I always refer to the group of men who do hate as a segment. I do this to let the reader know I'm aware that it's a segment, and not all.
Quote:
Everything. I remember one time (and I only remember it because it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard....both IRL and on the internet) you flipped out on me for pages and pages of a thread because I used the term "girl" instead of "woman." That's psycho stuff right there.
That you interpreted it as flipping out has everything to do with you, and nothing to do with me. Clearly, it ruffled you to the point of thinking psycho. I was making a solid point. You made an incorrect statement (the kind a kid would make) and I was correcting you. It's not psycho to correct you when appropriate, especially in that case since you were giving erroneous advice (conveying that women don't know what they want). I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt by separating women from girls. This really falls nicely into the point I was making earlier and it's a good reminder since I could not remember anything specific at the time. You're passing along your assumptions, that are incorrect, and you don't have the experience or wisdom to even know it. Hence, the blind trying to lead the blind on this forum.
Quote:
PUA is not about negs (nobody even uses that stuff anymore....it's outdated, even for those guys). It's about self-improvement. I hate that name because a more accurate representation would be "dating coach." If anything, it would HELP most of the bitter guys on here get better with women and become less bitter.

You haven't done proper research into it or you would know that.
I didn't claim to write a paper (no thanks). I have read PUA forums. I have read many posts from PUAs here and I came to my conclusions based on the information presented. It's not like I'm just making it up. It's real stuff from real PUAs. I take no issue with dating coaches, life coaches, or whatever coaches because I haven't come across anything to take issue with. Pretty simple.
Quote:
And don't say you don't give a "shyte." Your posts can be just as charged as everybody else's. I've seen many of them.
Where did I say I don't give a shyte about what? I stated the men here try to say they don't care. I very much so give a shyte about men trashing on women online. It's my thing. It's mostly why I come to this sub-forum.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Pretty Useless Ahole.

That is funny, Lilac.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Hmm, too cool for school. That's funny. Anyhow, I do not interpret everything as woman-hating. The vast majority of the men on this forum, and all the men I know off line, are women lovers. I always refer to the group of men who do hate as a segment. I do this to let the reader know I'm aware that it's a segment, and not all.
That you interpreted it as flipping out has everything to do with you, and nothing to do with me. Clearly, it ruffled you to the point of thinking psycho. I was making a solid point. You made an incorrect statement (the kind a kid would make) and I was correcting you. It's not psycho to correct you when appropriate, especially in that case since you were giving erroneous advice (conveying that women don't know what they want). I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt by separating women from girls. This really falls nicely into the point I was making earlier and it's a good reminder since I could not remember anything specific at the time. You're passing along your assumptions, that are incorrect, and you don't have the experience or wisdom to even know it. Hence, the blind trying to lead the blind on this forum.
I didn't claim to write a paper (no thanks). I have read PUA forums. I have read many posts from PUAs here and I came to my conclusions based on the information presented. It's not like I'm just making it up. It's real stuff from real PUAs. I take no issue with dating coaches, life coaches, or whatever coaches because I haven't come across anything to take issue with. Pretty simple.
Where did I say I don't give a shyte about what? I stated the men here try to say they don't care. I very much so give a shyte about men trashing on women online. It's my thing. It's mostly why I come to this sub-forum.
LOL now you're trying to act all cool. But yeah, you do get very ruffled. You're just pulling it back now because I'm calling you out on your bullsh*t.

Based on the PMs I've been getting from this convo, it's apparent to many people. It's cute that you're trying to hide it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships