Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 05:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
[/b]

I didnt read the rest of the posts yet, but I think her point is that it doesnt MATTER what those above highlighted things are, as long as the other person is at the same level. So, even if she told u she got a GED and worked at mcdonalds, what i believe she is saying is that she should not expect to date a millionare with a PHD. She should not turn her nose up at someone else who is in her same position. Of course, dating the millionare can happen, but she should not act like she is entitled to that.

That is how I read all of this..but hey. thats me.
As far as that portion goes, yes, that's all that's meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 05:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Fair enough. Happy we're on the same page now (somewhat haha).

When I give advice about what to do in certain situations, I try to make it clear that it's the GENERAL rule (meaning that I've found it to work in most situations). It's kind of like a fallback. I definitely agree that all women are different and respond to different things, I have noticed trends. I try to give advice to the best of my ability based on those trends.

If it comes across as anything other than that, then you have my sincere apologies.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Well hey, Merry Christmas to you as well!

Old 12-24-2012, 05:52 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That post came out wrong. The point was not about hurting. It's about looking to ourselves to account for where we are in life and that if we're not getting what we want then we need to either adjust what we want or look inwards for change.
I understand your point. I just think you could be a fair bit kinder in your approach and your timing wasn't the best to post such a thing (holidays).

Merry Christmas anyway. Have a good one.

Last edited by Hombre; 12-24-2012 at 06:07 PM..

Old 12-24-2012, 05:52 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Um, read the title of the thread Braunwyn. Read your words in the opening post. Don't backpedal, what you wrote was mean! Let me ask you this, if you were single and feeling a little down on your luck, especially around the holiday season, how would you take someone who is married, pregnant, and perceptibly happy with their relationship status making a post like this? I'd take it for what it is: insulting.

Anyway, happy holidays everyone.

Peace Out.

I fit the bolded part. However, I agree with the OP first post. The fact that im single and it happens to be around the holidays doesnt change that, to me. The post she made I agree with. Im just trying to find that "same level". I have said myself that I am just looking for someone who brings to the table close to what I bring. I think that is fair. Im not a model, but im decent looking. Good career, decent money, no kids, have my own home. I dont drink or party. I have all types of interests. I dont think its unfair to ask for someone similiar to those things I am. Do they have to match exactly?? Well of course not! For example, I dont have kids, but I know finding someone without kids in their early 40's is probably not gonna happen, so I accept that. I dont need someone to match me on everything I am, but id like them to be in the ballpark. So, I AM looking for someone who I am "at the same level with". And I dont think it's unfair of me to want that. Now, If I wanted someone who made twice as much money as I do, looked twice as good as I do, better education, better car, better education..then I think that mirror that the OP posted in her first post would be what I would need to look in. Why should I think Im entitled to that when I dont bring that to the table?? Not that I could never get that, its just that i shouldnt go around ONLY looking for that. If it happens, okay. Heck, I could fall for someone without a pot to **** in, who knows. But generally speaking, I do seek my own level, and I feel more comfy with that actually. I want someone who gets me, gets my background, etc. U may find that more with someone who is LIKE u.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,178,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I saw my knee.
I saw my...well, never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Thank you for reminding me how handsome I am.
Yes, same...kinda.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:02 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,928,512 times
It's a struggle for me to get a girl for some reason.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:48 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Not reaaallllly trying to involve myself here but I've gotta say.. it's 50/50. There's a lot of female posters in this sub-forum that are clearly man-haters. I think it's the same for bitter people of both genders: they get scorned and instead of picking themselves up, dusting themselves off, and moving on without any hard feelings, they hold on to their anger for some strange reason. Not every relationship you have in life is going to work, not everyone you date is going to turn out to be the person you marry. Accept it, and move forward.

We're all glad that you have a great marriage but remember that it's always possible that one day you'll be here posting about a problem and won't want people rubbing in your face how wonderful their relationships are and shoving the assertion that because you're having a problem or are single there 'must be something wrong with you' down your throat. I'm single because I want to be at this juncture in my life, not because I have weird personality issues or am a blubbering idiot when I talk to guys. What's right for one isn't always right for another.

also I notice those that get the most upset when men trash women here, are very quiet when women trash men, and yes it happens a lot here on CD. When a man points it out, he also gets ridiculed, and so many almost seem to justify it

Old 02-08-2014, 11:33 AM

184 posts, read 168,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
also I notice those that get the most upset when men trash women here, are very quiet when women trash men, and yes it happens a lot here on CD. When a man points it out, he also gets ridiculed, and so many almost seem to justify it
Most relationship forums are politically correct, meaning that women can do no wrong and the man is wrong all the time. Most of the moderators here seem to be women, which also doesn't help.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:27 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,762 times
What about people that are rich, are in the top 1% of human attractiveness, have fame in their community, come from influential families, have genius intellect, are at the peak level of human physique, have great social intelligence...but have a small penis?

What "level" or "league" would such a person be in according to the perspectives of those who follow the "water seeks its own level" point of view?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships