Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 02:36 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,232,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The point of the OP went right over your head (unsurprisingly). It's not one quality. It's who you are as a person, which encompasses the gamut.

Sure, this thread is so stupid and yet so difficult for many to grasp. And not taking guidance is also an aspect of the point. When you look at yourself, you don't just gaze into your own eyes you look at what you're doing with yourself; what is working and what is not working and why. You don't look at your neighbor or some woman down the road to figure out what she is and is not giving you and assume why. Christ.

Again, that is the point. Nobody is entitled to anything just because they want it, contrary to the many recent threads on this forum. How is this complicated to you people?
There was no point of the OP. You wrote something stupid and nonsensical (as is your usual style). You give generic advice that is obvious (fix yourself), but don't tell anybody that needs it how to do it.

Personally, I don't have an issue with dating. I do just fine. So I'm not the person you need to convince. You posted a link that brings you to a website with a mirror on it. How is that useful advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 02:39 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,052,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post

You posted a link that brings you to a website with a mirror on it. How is that useful advice?
There was a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead. They came across this mirror... Written on the mirror it said "Tell the truth and get a million bucks, tell a lie and disappear forever."
So the brunette's like "I think I'm the prettiest girl in the school"
*POOF* she disappeared.
Then the redhead steps up and says "I think I'm the smartest girl in the whole school"
*POOF* she disappeared.
Then the blonde steps up and says "I think -" *POOF* she disappeared.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:40 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,285,771 times
Quote:
There was no point of the OP. You wrote something stupid and nonsensical (as is your usual style). You give generic advice that is obvious (fix yourself), but don't tell anybody that needs it how to do it.

Personally, I don't have an issue with dating. I do just fine. So I'm not the person you need to convince. You posted a link that brings you to a website with a mirror on it. How is that useful advice?
Because people will get further looking at themselves and what they need to work on than looking at how others should change so they get what they want. That is the running theme on this forum in case you did not notice. And do you really think you're telling anyone anything useful for them to fix themselves? People can only fix themselves by spending time figuring who they are and what they want. That's not something you are capable of giving someone.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
There was a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead. They came across this mirror... Written on the mirror it said "Tell the truth and get a million bucks, tell a lie and disappear forever."
So the brunette's like "I think I'm the prettiest girl in the school"
*POOF* she disappeared.
Then the redhead steps up and says "I think I'm the smartest girl in the whole school"
*POOF* she disappeared.
Then the blonde steps up and says "I think -" *POOF* she disappeared.

Said it better than I ever could.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Because people will get further looking at themselves and what they need to work on than looking at how others should change so they get what they want. That is the running theme on this forum in case you did not notice. And do you really think you're telling anyone anything useful for them to fix themselves? People can only fix themselves by spending time figuring who they are and what they want. That's not something you are capable of giving someone.
mmm questionable.

A few of the guys here have listened to actual specific advice.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,237,794 times
Quote:
Look carefully

This can be harsh or kind, but I think it's the truth.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
mmm questionable.

A few of the guys here have listened to actual specific advice.
They say they listen. Who knows what they apply. And while your temporary answer of internet pick up artist tactics can help, it's not at the heart of their issues. At least not as it pertains to this thread. Blaming others is a fundamental personality flaw that takes years to cultivate. A couple of advice messages on an internet forum is not going to combat these traits. Even taking advice requires a level of daily mindfulness that is not easy to hold onto.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
They say they listen. Who knows what they apply. And while your temporary answer of internet pick up artist tactics can help, it's not at the heart of their issues. At least not as it pertains to this thread. Blaming others is a fundamental personality flaw that takes years to cultivate. A couple of advice messages on an internet forum is not going to combat these traits. Even taking advice requires a level of daily mindfulness that is not easy to hold onto.
Exactly.

And you think a picture of a mirror and the advice "take a look at yourself" is better?

Just because you got lucky and found a decent guy doesn't mean that everybody on C-D will be that lucky. Based on your posts and your closed-mindedness, that's what I attribute your marriage to: luck, not success.

And let's not even discuss PUA....because, yet again, you miss the fundamental point of it all (not that that surprises me).

Old 12-24-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Exactly.

And you think a picture of a mirror and the advice "take a look at yourself" is better?
The mirror was the message of that statement. Although, thinking is a requirement of the exercise and the finer points of the message is going to vary depending on the reflection. Obviously, a level of depth is required to grasp this and not getting it, as far as I'm concerned, is a reflection of the viewer.
Quote:
Just because you got lucky and found a decent guy doesn't mean that everybody on C-D will be that lucky. Based on your posts and your closed-mindedness, that's what I attribute your marriage to: luck, not success.
All of my relationships have been successes. But, that's what people like to say. You have A, B, and C due to luck. I know the story, whether it pertains to romance or career. It's irrelevant to the point because it doesn't change anything. And be clear, you guys are closed in your own minds. You still push away from personal responsibility. With that said, I'm aware that our genetics and biochemistry is a matter of luck and some people are just screwed and end up with mental and emotional problems. So, that's a caveat.

eta: And let me add, your naivety shows if you think being with someone after 10-12 years and to have a thriving marriage is a matter of luck. It's an absurd assertion.

Quote:
And let's not even discuss PUA....because, yet again, you miss the fundamental point of it all (not that that surprises me).
C'mon. That's who you are, are you not? A self-proclaimed, Internet, PUA. You think you can fix people with your PUA mantra. I certainly don't see it working for people. I see you guys lying to each other and temporarily fooling yourselves on internet message boards.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
The mirror was the message of that statement. Although, thinking is a requirement of the exercise and the finer points of the message is going to vary depending on the reflection. Obviously, a level of depth is required to grasp this and not getting it, as far as I'm concerned, is a reflection of the viewer.
Exactly my point.

Many of the people that are on this forum complaining about their dating problems don't have that level of depth. HOWEVER, that level can be created if they go about it the right way, which is why they need actual advice.

Am I speaking another language here?

Quote:
All of my relationships have been successes. But, that's what people like to say. You have A, B, and C due to luck. I know the story, whether it pertains to romance or career. It's irrelevant to the point because it doesn't change anything. And be clear, you guys are closed in your own minds. You still push away from personal responsibility. With that said, I'm aware that our genetics and biochemistry is a matter of luck and some people are just screwed and end up with mental and emotional problems. So, that's a caveat.
I agree with you on some points. Most things that people have in life are not due to luck (I get that too when people talk about my career and my dating life; they don't see the hard work I put into it). My point is that, based on what I've seen you post on this forum, you don't seem like a very nice person (so it's hard for me to believe that you attract good guys by skill).

Just being honest.

Quote:
C'mon. That's who you are, are you not? A self-proclaimed, Internet, PUA. You think you can fix people with your PUA mantra. I certainly don't see it working for people. I see you guys lying to each other and temporarily fooling yourselves.
I never said I'm a PUA. I have studied it though. You can't fix people by giving them "PUA tactics" (as you would refer to them, in a shallow matter), but you can fix them by giving them real world advice, tell them what to do in specific situations, and give them exact advice on how to go about fixing themselves (which is what PUA REALLY is).

Just out of curiosity, what do you believe that I'm lying to guys on here about?

Last edited by CaptainJack87; 12-24-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships