Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 02:12 AM

10 posts, read 11,895 times

Advertisements

The last three women i've dated pretty seriously have shown signs of wanting a relationship. They all seem very attracted and we have great intimate times, whether it be a fancy dinner or a great day with dinner and movies.

I feel the problem is that I'm not picking up the signs. They always tell me in the beginning that they just got out of relationship and are not looking for another right away. I tell them that's fine and express how much I enjoy our times together and eventually can see us having a relationship. Everything seems to be on the up and up from there and all of a sudden she doesn't reply to my calls or texts like she used to.

My question is, am I waiting too many calendar dates to make my move towards a relationship when the feelings are fresh or is this girl simply not into me that way from the beginning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,357,160 times
They're simply not interested. They just want someone to take them out to fancy dinners/movies etc while getting over their ex's. ya know, use you as a distraction *i only assume.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:25 AM

570 posts, read 722,077 times
^ That

Old 10-29-2013, 05:23 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,305,687 times
Find someone who wants to spend time with you regardless of a fancy dinner or money being spent-that's the type of woman you (men in general) should be in a relationship with.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 AM

50,860 posts, read 36,551,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano24 View Post
The last three women i've dated pretty seriously have shown signs of wanting a relationship. They all seem very attracted and we have great intimate times, whether it be a fancy dinner or a great day with dinner and movies.

I feel the problem is that I'm not picking up the signs. They always tell me in the beginning that they just got out of relationship and are not looking for another right away. I tell them that's fine and express how much I enjoy our times together and eventually can see us having a relationship. Everything seems to be on the up and up from there and all of a sudden she doesn't reply to my calls or texts like she used to.

My question is, am I waiting too many calendar dates to make my move towards a relationship when the feelings are fresh or is this girl simply not into me that way from the beginning?
You are hearing them, but not really listening to them. If someone warns you from the get-go that they are not emotionally available, instead of saying "that's okay" and hoping it changes, take that as your cue to exit, stage left. I used to stay with people who gave me "disclaimers" up front, but learned finally that it's a losing proposition.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:12 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,275,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You are hearing them, but not really listening to them. If someone warns you from the get-go that they are not emotionally available, instead of saying "that's okay" and hoping it changes, take that as your cue to exit, stage left. I used to stay with people who gave me "disclaimers" up front, but learned finally that it's a losing proposition.

Pretty much. You asked about signs, and that sign was the most blatant lol. Anytime someone tells you right off the bat they don't want a relationship, why would you believe anything differently?

I think you need to start listening to a woman when she says that. I also think that you probably should start trying to date women, that haven't recently gotten out of relationships. Most people when, they've just exited an LTR are not looking to jump right into another one. At the least they need a few months to just chill out.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:34 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,926,648 times
Faith is exactly right. If they say they are not interested in a relationship, what they are saying is that they are no interested in a relationship with you. But they are quite willing to let you take them out, buy dinner, take them to movies etc. until someone they are actually interested comes along. You're being used. Don't be a chump. Don't date or waste time on women who only want to be "friends".

Old 10-29-2013, 06:38 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,680,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:08 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,693 times
If they are telling from the onset that they don't want a relationship, you're telegraphing right out the gate how much you like them. Women can sense a lovesick puppy dog a mile away. A lot of women go relationship to relationship with no break. You're just not the one they want to get into a relationship with and I suspect it's because you're coming off as needy, clingy, or lovesick.

Slow down. Stop spending tons of cash on women you aren't exclusive with. Save that for when they are your girlfriend and deserve your hard earned money. Don't be so available and stop thinking relationship the moment you meet a woman. Let it develop on it's own.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:24 AM

11,804 posts, read 12,045,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Pretty much. You asked about signs, and that sign was the most blatant lol. Anytime someone tells you right off the bat they don't want a relationship, why would you believe anything differently?

I think you need to start listening to a woman when she says that. I also think that you probably should start trying to date women, that haven't recently gotten out of relationships. Most people when, they've just exited an LTR are not looking to jump right into another one. At the least they need a few months to just chill out.
^^^This. Or maybe she's dating three of you at the same time, like a poster last week. Seriously though, I think many of us are guilty of getting involved with someone we shouldn't, or think that "love" can overcome whatever issue they're having. You're not alone, but I really would listen to Faith's suggestions here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships