Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Ztw Ztw started this thread

33 posts, read 48,737 times

Advertisements

It's been 2 months since my ex broke off our relationship of 8 years. We've known each other for 15 yrs.
He said he had no time for me between working & being in 2 bands. He said its something he had to do even if he regrets it. He also stated he can't see me not in his life & that I'm his best friend&wants to remain friends.. I did not agree with the breakup & told him I loved him. I said you make time for people you care about regardless of how busy you are and after 8 yrs. I should be a priority. He said that's easier said then done. I asked him if there was someone else & he denied it. he said he'd rather be alone then be with me.
After the break up literally a few hours later he texted me asking me how i was doing & to be honest. ?.... This is not the first time he has done this to me. While breaking up with me he stated the last time we broke up he was miserable. ?Then that same night he was liking photos on my Facebook page. I have since deactivated my account. I have disappeared and had no contact with him at all. I am heartbroken & think about him constantly. We have the same friends and heard he is vacationing all over and just got back from Canada. (I didn't ask about him) I have been thinking about getting back on Facebook & deleting him as a friend. idk...

I feel so foolish for thinking we had something special & I feel so lost while he clearly is having the time of his life without me. I don't know how to move on. I am still in love with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:29 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,248,025 times
You did have something special but life changes. Move on. He may appear to be having a great time but it may be an illusion. Doesn't matter. Move on.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:29 AM

52,309 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Don't feel foolish. It's not gonna help matters.

Time will help, try and get yourself some hobbies, workout, read books, there are actually a lot of post breakup books out there that will help give you some perspective.

Hang in there and don't feel bad for feeling bad.........

Old 06-17-2013, 10:10 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,767,089 times
You are definitely not foolish at all...the only one who was foolish is your ex (specifically, he was foolish for breaking up with you, when you and he had been together for so long, and had so much history together). It is unbelievably harsh of him IMO to just end things like that with you the way he did, especially after you and he had been together for 8 years already...

I am really sorry you are hurting so much atm Hope you feel better, and that someone even more special (and who truly deserves you) comes into your life and into your heart, very soon...

Old 06-17-2013, 10:25 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,541,708 times
People break up all the time and it is normally very difficult. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but you have to move on. Don't NOT do things because he might be there. If you liked being on Facebook, get back on, but stay away from him. Don't accept his friend request. Just live your life. You mentioned there had been other break ups. I'm not sure how healthy this relationship was from your post, but if I were you, I'd be moving on and hopefully you will find the real Mr. Right for you!

It does not sound like Mr. Fifteen Years was really the right guy for you!

Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 AM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times
Regular job and two bands and it lasted as long as it did

Old 06-17-2013, 12:28 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,780,900 times
Do you really want to be with someone who would do this to you and hurt you? More importantly, would you take him back? I've never understood women who seem to 'chase' men who will treat them badly over and over again.

It's tough to go thru, but be glad you know now his expiration date was 8 years before ya'll got married/kids/etc.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:40 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,738,036 times
I want to say something positive, but it's hard to do if i put myself in your shoes.

Try to move forward.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Ztw Ztw started this thread

33 posts, read 48,737 times
I'm not chasing him. I have had NC with him since the breakup.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
Don't feel foolish, but don't allow contact with him, either, unless you enjoy being emotionally manipulated.

You may also need to cut off/limit contact with mutual friends, at least until they get the picture that you don't require grapevine updates.

The upside of being shed of someone who doesn't respect you is that it opens the door for somebody who will. Truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships