Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:22 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
[MOD CUT/personal attack] SHE DID HAVE A PLAN IN PLACE...CANT YOU READ?

She was not AWOL. The military said they would give her more time...what do you expect her to do, drop her kid off on a church doorsteps?

She had a plan and at the last moment the plan fell through. Either learn to read or dont comment. Knowing the rules of our military are not needed in this case. Obviously the military can refuse to honor their word but a soldier cannot. Sorry, but this woman is in the right. She should be allowed to find trustworthy suitable childcare for her son. If you dont get that...then I pray you never have a child. When you have a child...no matter what contracts you have signed...THE CHILD COMES FIRST.

If YOU can read, perhaps you should start with the rules of city_data

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-16-2009 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 07:49 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
[MOD CUT/personal attack] SHE DID HAVE A PLAN IN PLACE...CANT YOU READ?

She was not AWOL. The military said they would give her more time...what do you expect her to do, drop her kid off on a church doorsteps?

She had a plan and at the last moment the plan fell through. Either learn to read or dont comment. Knowing the rules of our military are not needed in this case. Obviously the military can refuse to honor their word but a soldier cannot. Sorry, but this woman is in the right. She should be allowed to find trustworthy suitable childcare for her son. If you dont get that...then I pray you never have a child. When you have a child...no matter what contracts you have signed...THE CHILD COMES FIRST.
Her plan was with a parental unit that was over-extended in the first place. What were the possibilities of it ever being a good plan? Next to zero?
Where's the sperm donor?
Just because you can breed doesn't make you special.

There are children who have both parents deploy; they're cared for by in-laws or someone else.

When this soldier got pregnant, she had an option to get discharged.
She didn't take it.
Now she will; and if asked on an application her discharge status, it will be "other than honorable" - her choice.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-16-2009 at 04:39 PM..

Old 11-15-2009, 08:54 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Yeah, they just don't give a s*** about babies once they're out of a womb.

Don't get me wrong, the mom should have a plan in place, but I've heard other stories of families where the parents are both in the military and get deployed (and they do it without putting up a fuss). What do they do for kids? NOTHING? This is gonna screw a lot of them up and these our the kids we are expecting to figure out how to fix all our mistakes that we don't have the brains or courage to fix.

Again, I agree that the mom should be punished, but no one gives a crap about this newborn because its not inside a uterus.

What do you think the military is? A daycare center?!

If both parents are active duty, and they don't want to both be deployed at the same time then one of them ought not re-enlist or they should wait having children until one of them has finished their term. Either way, the onus is on your friends not on the US military.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Yeah, they just don't give a s*** about babies once they're out of a womb.

Don't get me wrong, the mom should have a plan in place, but I've heard other stories of families where the parents are both in the military and get deployed (and they do it without putting up a fuss). What do they do for kids? NOTHING? This is gonna screw a lot of them up and these our the kids we are expecting to figure out how to fix all our mistakes that we don't have the brains or courage to fix.

Again, I agree that the mom should be punished, but no one gives a crap about this newborn because its not inside a uterus.
Obviously the mom didn't either. When you enlist you take an oath.
Don't fingerpoint at others...a child's welfare is squarely on the shoulders of the parents...not the "they" you want to blame.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
USS LaSalle AGF-3 was converted to allow female sailors to serve on board back in 1994. Women came on board to serve. Most came do to their job but there were some who didn't want to work. In relation to the topic, one in particular would be at sick call every Monday morning getting tested to see if she was pregnant. If she was married or attached and looking to start a family, no one would have thought anything of this. But she wasn't. She'd confided in friends that she'd go clubbing looking for sex in order to get pregnant. If she was pregnant then she could not go out to sea with the ship because it didn't have facilities for that condition. We did have single parent women who made arrangements with family to care for their kids while they were at sea. The fact that the Army went to this extreme tells me there's more to this story with this mother than we know.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:17 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Anyone who spent plenty of time in the military will tell you that when someone is getting a major punishment for some small thing, it was never about that small thing alone. There's usually a lot of things that person did wrong that eventually lead up to the big punishment. Nuke school had a guy claim he was kicked out the navy for sleeping in class. He never mentioned being late for roll call, getting in trouble at the clubs on and off base, disrespecting an officer, and other offenses.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No one forced her. She did this voluntarily knowing full well this could have happened.
She doesn't get a "free pass". Sorry..have no sympathy for her.
Exactly: I feel for her and her baby, but when are people going to start realizing we are responsible for our actions. She volunteered for to serve, no one twisted her arm. did she think being a mommy would keep her safe from arms way?

Fracturedman, she had a plan that she could pretty well guess was unworkable. Shall we say decietful at the worst or very immarture at the best...
Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 11-15-2009 at 11:02 AM..

Old 11-15-2009, 10:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
thats [MOD CUT/language] up that the army revoked her extension while knowing of her situation like that.

they couldnt pay me all the money in the world to leave my child behind without me knowing who is taking care of him. these days you cant even trust teachers, preachers or even family members with your children let alone a bunch of strangers.

now only god knows what is being done to that little boy while his mother is in jail. i feel sorry for the BOTH of them but i wouldve done the same thing if i was in her boots.

atleast she was still willing to serve in the army after having her baby as a single parent but [MOD CUT/language] that...my child comes 1st.
I knew it was too good to be true: someone would come forward to defend her. She volunteered for the sevice, she knew she could be deployed, she got pregnant and now expects to get people like you on her side...
Oh and I am glad your boyfriend didn't join as well, I am sure you would have had trouble with his commentment.
Nita

Old 11-15-2009, 12:16 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,871 times
Quote:

All of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I almost joined ...I was in the MEPS office about to swear in when I decided that this country will never honer what it has promised me.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:36 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times
Did she Kill someone? Did she rob a bank? Did she molest her child? Did she smuggle drugs across the boarder? NO, she was looking to provide for he child. She does not deserve to be sent to jail over something like this. I dont care if she swore an oath. Discharge her and take away her benefits, but to throw he in jail is overkill.

This country puts people in jail over the smallest things. We put people who dont pay parking tickets in cells next to murderers and sex offenders. How about once they catch all the murderers and sex offenders out there then they can start throwing people in prison who only have minor offenses. Wanna know the number one bankrolled industry in America? The prison system, I kid you not. Look it up.

Oh, and IDASpaceman, its going to take more than that to get a rise out of me or make me feel any sort of emotional responce...good try, but keep trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies