Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,355,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
She's an adult.
Perhaps if she's this irresponsible, she shouldn't breed.
She should have used birth control; she could have put the kids up for adoption or aborted.
She had choices.

This is what she chose.
What happened to personal responsibility?
Hold on a sec...so your talking about being responsible and you are saying she should have had an abortion or given her child up for adoption? YEAH I dont think you should be talking about responsibility.

The responsible thing to do would be to take care of her child no matter the cost. You are supposed to be there for your children no matter the cost. I dont have kids, wish I did, but I dont. I do have nieces and nephews and I would not only kill to protect them but I would die for them...but I would no go looking to do those things.

This woman is doing the right thing, I dont care what any of you have say. I can you be so heartless? How can you be so cold? You are telling me you would rather a woman go to war then love her child?!? We teach our children peace and yet you expect this woman to go to war rather than love and take care of her child. You probably have a value for life as well dont you? Sorry, but the military can do without this woman. If this woman goes to jail I will do whatever it takes to get her out of jail and get her and her kid back together. And guess what, there are thousands of people who will do the same.

I WILL NO LONGER SIT IDLY BY AND WATCH MY COUNTRY BECOME THE EVIL EMPIRE THAT SEEKS NOTHING BUT MONEY AND LAND. I WILL NOT ALLOW A PRICE TO BE PUT ON A HUMAN LIFE. I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT WHAT OUR CURRENT GOVERNMENT IS DOING IS IN MY OR ANYONE ELSE'S BEST INTEREST, EXCEPT THEIR OWN. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL OUR GOVERNMENT ANSWERS TO THE CRIMES IT HAS COMMITTED AND IS CURRENTLY COMMITTING. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I WILL NO LONGER RECOGNIZE OBAMA AND HIS ADMINISTRATION AS MY LEADERS. I FROM THIS POINT ON WITHDRAW MYSELF FROM THE CURRENT UNION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WILL ONLY HONOR THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN IN THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.

I ENCOURAGE ANY AND ALL WHO ARE TIRED OF THE LIES AND CRIMES OUR GOVERNMENT COMMITS AND WHO DESIRE THE COUNTRY THEY LOVE TO BE RETURNED TO ITS PAST GLORY TO DO THE SAME.

Call me crazy, call me nuts, call me a revolutionist I dont care. Just know that I am done dealing with this nonsense.

“One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.”

Chinua Achebe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sorry, I can't follow what you are even babbling about; your paragraphs are too long and hard to follow!!!

Outweighs your duty as a parent: last time I checked it took 2 people to make a baby, where is the other person? Or answer this one: what was she thinking when she choose to not use birth control? I do feel for her situation, but I think it goes a hell of a lot deeper than you or I know.

Did it occur to you, she may have chosen to get pregnant so she wouldn't have to end up in harms way like the rest of her fellow soldiers? We make decisions in our lives, we are adults and we have to live with them. She should have considered all this when she decided to enlist...End of story!!!

Nita
Your one of those people who think the world is perfect, birth control works 100% of the time and fathers dont abandon their children arent you? If she wanted to get out of the military I can think of about 20 various ways to do so that would not result in her getting an AWOL status or having to have a child. She a woman...she has ways to get an honorable discharge without getting pregnant. Men on the other had...do not have as many options but they do have them.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The army doesnt have to deploy her. They can leave her on her base & reasign her. It will be intresting to see what happens.
Why would they do that? When they can screw over two peoples lives completely? Why would they want to put something as small as raising a child correctly before possible death? This is the USA military we are talking about here...not exactly a shining example of Family values.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
So from your extensive military experience you believe the Army just ripped the rug right out from underneath her. Her FSG, CSM, Commanders all just ganged up on her and made her dump her kid off on the Social Worker?

Please tell me you recognize you are not privy to the whole story, you have no experience in this matter, and you are coming from the side of a happy healthy nuturing motherhood frame of mind.

Being a Mother comes second for Soldiers...the needs of the United States come first...you figure that out quickly when you raise your right hand and swear to follow the orders of those who are appointed over you.

Supporting the troops? How about the Soldier who is over there now that is waiting for his replacement while she dithers around figuring out who's going to watch her child? Who is supporting that Soldier? You? Are you supporting the family that awaits the return of their Mother or Father?

Protecting your family? If you were an experienced Soldier you would understand your familiy consists of those on your Squad, Platoon, Company etc etc. Your family consists of those on your left and right. The aforementioned are your family just as Mom, Dad, Sissy, and Brother...and yes Mommy, your kids too.

You have no idea. You are not supposed to. While you sit there on your keyboard--know that there are hundreds of thousands of folks making sure you are supported, have rights, and yes...your family is protected.

Just stop please. It's a three paragraph press release from a complainant and her lawyer. Don't try to read between the lines.

Just make sure your little ribbon is squarely placed on the back of your Family Wagon--so you can lay your hands all over the keyboard and be content with supporting the troops.

Give me a break.
Instantly a few thought come to mind...none of which are polite. How do we know your not just some punk kid who pretends or fantisizes about being in the military? You certainly sound like one. "...your familiy consists of those on your Squad, Platoon, Company etc etc. Your family consists of those on your left and right." this is a load of crap. Your Family is of the same bloodline as you, they are your brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc, etc. But this country has found a way to forget that. The family unit is a joke in America becasue of people like you. People who put friends, and work before family. Do me a favor and DONT BREED. That goes for anyone who does not see the actuall issue in this subject. If all you see is a woman who went AWOL for no good reason...please have your tubes tied or get it snipped. The last thing we need is more people like that....actually second though...go ahead and breed your children can be raised to KILL...KILL...KILL AND "Die for their country"...dont make me laugh(too late). People who think they are serving their country are full of it. I have never met anyone who signed up because they want to serve their country. They signed up for the money or the perks, or they got drafted.

Forgive me if I dont just take orders without questioning their reasons first. I once thought like you and others on this thread...but I grew up and got informed. We didnt end slavery...we just made it volentary.

Dont get me wrong, I am not anit-troop, I support our troops in all their decisions. It takes alot to give up your life for no good reason and to die for people who will never know your name or that you even existed. Where you are only famous because your dead. Sorry, but no sympathy from me..you died knowing that is what could have happened. Why should I simpithize with someone who knowingly signed their own death certificate?

Sorry, but i have no sympathy for those that choose to die in the service of their country...sound terrible doesnt it?

Well so does having no sympathy for a woman who was just trying to make sure her CHILD was cared for. But your right, she should have just said screw the kid, I can always have more. Right? I mean whats the lose of one child when there are millions in the world today. I mean whats one more kid in the foster system? Those kids are never screwed up or scared because their own parent abandoned them. And the Mom would be fine as well, knowing that she has a kid out there being raised by god knows who? The kid could be on the steets or worse...dead. But she shouldnt care about that. Nope she should just ignore NATURAL MATERNAL INSTICTS she has and go die for glory and counrty, am I right?

Again I have to ask...if the Government can hold us to our oaths, why cant we hold them to their? Oh, thats right they are here to protect and serve us....lol. No, we are their minions we are to do as we are told or suffer the consequence. Arent we supposed to be the one that controls them? They are there because we put them there. In the military your word is your bond, you say your going to do something and you hold to it, right? Like the woman should have? Like our government should have when they told her she had more time to find care for her child?

Hey, maybe Im wrong. But so far no one has proven it and like most of you have said...we dont have all the story. I am sure there is alot more to it, but I can assure you there is alot more to both sides of this story.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:06 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,310,613 times
The Navy tried to do this to my sister. She had a much simpler solution: she resigned her commission. Problem solved.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:36 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,898,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Instantly a few thought come to mind...none of which are polite. How do we know your not just some punk kid who pretends or fantisizes about being in the military? You certainly sound like one. "...your familiy consists of those on your Squad, Platoon, Company etc etc. Your family consists of those on your left and right." this is a load of crap. Your Family is of the same bloodline as you, they are your brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc, etc. But this country has found a way to forget that. The family unit is a joke in America becasue of people like you. People who put friends, and work before family. Do me a favor and DONT BREED. That goes for anyone who does not see the actuall issue in this subject. If all you see is a woman who went AWOL for no good reason...please have your tubes tied or get it snipped. The last thing we need is more people like that....actually second though...go ahead and breed your children can be raised to KILL...KILL...KILL AND "Die for their country"...dont make me laugh(too late). People who think they are serving their country are full of it. I have never met anyone who signed up because they want to serve their country. They signed up for the money or the perks, or they got drafted.

Forgive me if I dont just take orders without questioning their reasons first. I once thought like you and others on this thread...but I grew up and got informed. We didnt end slavery...we just made it volentary.

Dont get me wrong, I am not anit-troop, I support our troops in all their decisions. It takes alot to give up your life for no good reason and to die for people who will never know your name or that you even existed. Where you are only famous because your dead. Sorry, but no sympathy from me..you died knowing that is what could have happened. Why should I simpithize with someone who knowingly signed their own death certificate?

Sorry, but i have no sympathy for those that choose to die in the service of their country...sound terrible doesnt it?

Well so does having no sympathy for a woman who was just trying to make sure her CHILD was cared for. But your right, she should have just said screw the kid, I can always have more. Right? I mean whats the lose of one child when there are millions in the world today. I mean whats one more kid in the foster system? Those kids are never screwed up or scared because their own parent abandoned them. And the Mom would be fine as well, knowing that she has a kid out there being raised by god knows who? The kid could be on the steets or worse...dead. But she shouldnt care about that. Nope she should just ignore NATURAL MATERNAL INSTICTS she has and go die for glory and counrty, am I right?

Again I have to ask...if the Government can hold us to our oaths, why cant we hold them to their? Oh, thats right they are here to protect and serve us....lol. No, we are their minions we are to do as we are told or suffer the consequence. Arent we supposed to be the one that controls them? They are there because we put them there. In the military your word is your bond, you say your going to do something and you hold to it, right? Like the woman should have? Like our government should have when they told her she had more time to find care for her child?

Hey, maybe Im wrong. But so far no one has proven it and like most of you have said...we dont have all the story. I am sure there is alot more to it, but I can assure you there is alot more to both sides of this story.

There's a quote, supposedly by Gen. Coliun Powell, that basically says"All we ask for is a patch of earth to be buried in." I knew going into the military that I may wind up losing my life during a war. I made sure my family was taken care of. Insurance paid up (worth more dead than alive then ), will, other legal papers, loans had insurance, the whole gamit. And not just a "cover story" setup; the real thing. And I was simply in the USAF shooting from 30,000 feet not eye level like the Army.

I never expected fanfare or parades for anny of it. Just a place to be buried, a smal Honor Guard of other vets, and a flag for my family. And I don't see that as naive, foolish, slavery, or the like. Sorry you do but that is your right I suppose.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:57 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,049,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The Navy tried to do this to my sister. She had a much simpler solution: she resigned her commission. Problem solved.
Your sister was a officer. The navy would of been a great career for her especially being a officer. Officers have many perks in the military & receive the upmost respect. When you're rank is below a non comissioned officer (sgt in the army) you are treated like dirt. I dont know the ranks in the other branches (navy, marines & airforce).

Old 11-18-2009, 11:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Your one of those people who think the world is perfect, birth control works 100% of the time and fathers dont abandon their children arent you? If she wanted to get out of the military I can think of about 20 various ways to do so that would not result in her getting an AWOL status or having to have a child. She a woman...she has ways to get an honorable discharge without getting pregnant. Men on the other had...do not have as many options but they do have them.
Of course it doesn't work all the time, I have a darling grandchild that is a product of a not working birth control. Yes, fathers abandon their children. We had enough foster kids to know that..So, you know so little about me or about the world period. I did not say, she got pregnant deliberately, I don't know that nor do you know she didn't. I said that is one posibility. Cut and dry, she screwed up, now she is stuck. I do not think she will go to prison but I do think she will and should get a dishonorable discharge..

Because of our involvement, for so many years with foster children we have a little better understanding about the system, then those who have not really been exposed to the real world.

As for aborting or adoption: I do not think abortion would be the answer in a case like this; never should it be used for convenience sake, adoption, on the other hand, we wouldn't have a lot of the problems we have today if more babies were put up for adoption, but that is a different topic altogether.

Nita

Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,257,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
The Army now will separate mother and child to get bodies to deploy. IMO this is nothing short of an outrage!!!

"Army has mom, Alexis Hutchinson, arrested and 11-month old son put into county foster care system. Alexis has now been ordered to deploy to Afghanistan on Sunday, November 15, where she will be court martialed."

Courage to Resist - Army sends infant to protective services, mom to Afghanistan (http://www.couragetoresist.org/x/content/view/789/1 - broken link)

(one a personal note: the response's to the topic might just tell us all what kind of country we have become. )
Did she think she had joined the girl scouts?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:16 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,689,732 times
She understood that the military is a deployable force. She was provided adequate information that she will probably be deployed. She voluntarily signed the paperwork, collected half the signing bonus, could have begun using the benefits of being a soldier, and then when the deployment came... she "couldn't go".

Too bad. I feel sorry for the child, but the mother made a conscience decision to sign a contract which includes deployment possibilities.

Why would anybody feel sorry for her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies