Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 01:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,336,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
If her goal was to abandon her post at least she did it before she went to war. This way no one died as a direct result.
You don't know that, yet.
Someone took her place.
Is it fair to ask someone to die for you?

Her contract, her responsibility.

You're condoning bad behavior and her putting someone else's life at risk.
Trying to minimize her lack of integrity and contractual obligations.
No one forced her into her contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 02:14 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,965,156 times
I recently heard (but have not taken the time to confirm) that her mom runs a day care service. So mom decided that she can take care of a bunch of strangers kids, but not her daughters? Hmmm. Far be it from me to think the worst of people, but.......
Either mom is an incredibly selfish individual, wanting so badly to collect the income for caring for one strangers kid that she's willing to let her grandchild be put into foster care and or her daughter be court marshalled for failing to report for duty, OR her inability to care for that grandchild is a convenient excuse for mom to not report.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:22 PM

805 posts, read 1,512,445 times
It is very expensive for the Army or any military to train a single soldier (we taxpayers fund this), and then have the soldier get pregnant (accidentally or intentionally) and thereby not able to serve.

The men who get them pregnant have zero repercussions.

Something needs to be done to prevent this or at least discourage is. I wouldn't know the solution.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:03 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,905,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
And I would bet that if a soldier walked off their job in about 90% of the cases, there would be no possibility of someone dying. This is of course when they arent deployed in a war zone.

If her goal was to abandon her post at least she did it before she went to war. This way no one died as a direct result. If she would have gone to war I can guarantee you that her mind would not be there. It would be on the stranger watching her son. She would wonder if he was safe and being cared for as if she was there. I honestly do not think military personnel should be allowed to have kids while active. Once you have a kid, your done.

I know what your thinking...everyone would be having a kid to get out of service. Dont you think that is a good thing? We would weed out those that are not fit for duty. Only those that wanted to serve would be there. But no, we allow any half wit person to wield a firearm and defend our nation. Sounds like a plan to me. I think The military should be like professional sports...if you dont have what it takes you get cut. Not everyone is cut out for service, as we have recently seen with the high number of soldiers refusing to deploy.
First off; no, you don't. Secondly, THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE DOING! LMAO. She is being discharged because she is not good enough AND she took off if I remember correctly. Still LMAO. But, my opinion is she would have wound up cannon fodder anyway. I do not believe, albeit with my limited knowledge of her from the article, she gives 2 defacations about anyone but herself, including the child.

You've argued your way around the subject now. Is this what is known as "circular loop"? But it has been fun. LOL

Old 11-20-2009, 03:08 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,905,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
It is very expensive for the Army or any military to train a single soldier (we taxpayers fund this), and then have the soldier get pregnant (accidentally or intentionally) and thereby not able to serve.

Something needs to be done to prevent this or at least discourage is. I wouldn't know the solution.
The last I knew (not from direct experience tho) is if the father was military & known, she would have the opertunity to file for child support. And the gov't would automatically deduct it from his check into her bank account. And the military will ensure he gives a well fair share of his earnings for support. So "zero" is a big exageration.

Prevention works both ways but the best is the aspirin plan. Hold it tight between the knees and don't let it drop. (humor)

Old 11-20-2009, 03:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,264,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's not all that rare for women to get pregnant to avoid deployment.
It's absolutely wrong of them to do so.
Cheilgirl we better get a shot or something because of late we never disagree anymore.
The phrase "Your in the Army now" comes to mind.
This is why the military has such a high divorce rate. The military is not exactly the best choice if you want a normal family life.
This woman had a child knowing the deal before hand. Welcome to the Army. Its what she signed up for.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post

Whoa that is not exactly true. If say for example her partner were a senior enlisted or an officer? That would end their career. The military has fraternization laws in place.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:13 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,336,374 times
tinman, it is pretty funny.
We got along for a while when we first joined.
And now, again.
Shocked, I'm telling you, shocked!

Mai ben lai.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
tinman, it is pretty funny.
We got along for a while when we first joined.
And now, again.
Shocked, I'm telling you, shocked!

Mai ben lai.
Kob khun krub Chielgirl...
Its nice to know that reasonable people can over look differences to meet some where in the middle..
Chok dee krub

Old 11-20-2009, 03:27 PM

805 posts, read 1,512,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Whoa that is not exactly true. If say for example her partner were a senior enlisted or an officer? That would end their career. The military has fraternization laws in place.
Yes, you're right. But that's only if they knew who the father of the baby was. If a female soldier gets pregnant and won't say who got her that way (for whatever reason), the guy gets away.

With overpopulation and expensive taxpayer funded military training, I'm all for pregnancy prevention in the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies