Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 11:38 AM

26,033 posts, read 22,230,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What an attention *****. Just check "no" and move on, if you intend to actually do a good thing.

Am I the only one who've filled out dozens of medical forms asking if I was pregnant? Or do you guys only attend medical facilities that stock two different forms - because that sounds incredibly efficient?
I fill them out for my adult son with developmental disabillities, and I always ignore the question on pregnancy or having a period. No one ever says a word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I wonder what he looks like.

His name's Leslie, so there's no help there in determining his gender.

Maybe he looks like Pat, and they don't want to put the additional burden on their staff to try to determine gender.

Keeps the staff from having to ask the extremely uncomfortable position of someone who appears to be pregnant. THAT'S awkward.
There should have been an N/A. It would be a silly question for me being a senior also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Why would anyone decline a simple, life-saving act to grandstand over a single checkbox? Does it break his bones or pick his pocket? It's 0.5 seconds of your life - check it, make a small chuckle, move on.

Garrulous old fool.
Why would an agency alienate anyone when it came to a life-saving act?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Because before our age of social media, it would have been no more than another stupid question. Not some political statement.
Things have changed. There is no reason not to have an N/A, and totally crazy that the form was not produced like that.

Quote:
I know a man who's 24 years old, transgender, had a baby when he was 20 before transitioning. So, if he's at the eye doctor and they ask the question "have you ever been pregnant", "have you ever had a C section", "have you ever had gestational diabetes" etc., he'd answer yes.

Although looking at him, you'd NEVER guess that. NEVER.

It's a damn medical form. Just answer no. It's not like they're requiring him to pay for a pregnancy test.
Nope! N/A is the appropriate response. Transgender should be denoted TF/TM and handled in a "special" way due to its rarity.

Quote:
Why would a blood donor need to give their gender?
Why not? That might help with the transgender issue, but TF or TM to help explain something that might be uncomfortable when it came to pregnancy.

I would not answer that question for my son as it is absurd, or for myself a senior. N/A is the only correct response!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 11:47 AM

6,494 posts, read 6,708,135 times
Quote:
Why would a blood donor need to give their gender?
The normal range for hemoglobin, hematocrit, et. al., differ for males and females. If those blood values don't fall in the normal range (for your biological sex) you would not be accepted as a blood donor.

In most areas of medical science, biological sex matters greatly.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:56 PM

18,874 posts, read 8,524,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Yes, thank you.

Because one person out of every 100,000 has gender dysphoria, now we must all act like we are all somewhere on that spectrum.

As a man in my 60s, I am offended by this turn of events.
No, not all of 'us'. But the medical community has to take in all comers and cover all bases as far as commonly known and even potentially rare related medical risks.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:59 PM

10,175 posts, read 7,834,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Coming soon to the USA?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...nder-ideology/

It'll probably start surfacing on the west coast first...
So ridiculous.

Old 06-20-2022, 01:00 PM

43,343 posts, read 18,466,092 times
Quote:
No, not all of 'us'. But the medical community has to take in all comers and cover all bases as far as commonly known and even potentially rare related medical risks.
How many pregnant 60 year old men has the medical community ever encountered ?

Old 06-20-2022, 01:05 PM

18,874 posts, read 8,524,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
How many pregnant 60 year old men has the medical community ever encountered ?
I never saw one, 50 years in medicine.

I was sure surprised when I looked that up.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:15 PM

1,933 posts, read 563,082 times
Quote:
I never saw one, 50 years in medicine.

I was sure surprised when I looked that up.
How many did you find in your lookup?

Old 06-20-2022, 04:20 PM

15,656 posts, read 10,434,226 times
i understand this man's choice to not donate blood due to being ridiculously asked if he, a 65 year old man, was pregnant.

I stopped donating to a local charity because the director of the charity put her preferred pronouns, she/her, in her thank you email to me. sad because i had given to them for years, but the only way to fight against gender woke agendas in organizations is to not financially support the organizations.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:28 PM

15,577 posts, read 7,603,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
i understand this man's choice to not donate blood due to being ridiculously asked if he, a 65 year old man, was pregnant.

I stopped donating to a local charity because the director of the charity put her preferred pronouns, she/her, in her thank you email to me. sad because i had given to them for years, but the only way to fight against gender woke agendas in organizations is to not financially support the organizations.
Did you at least send her back a note explaining why you weren't goin gto give again? If you didn't, your action will have zero impact.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:31 PM

15,656 posts, read 10,434,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Did you at least send her back a note explaining why you weren't goin gto give again? If you didn't, your action will have zero impact.
yes, i did tell she/her. she/her continues to write and ask for money every once in a while, but i ignore the notes. i now donate those funds to another organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies