Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 09:03 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times

Advertisements

Coming soon to the USA?

Quote:
Leslie Sinclair has been a committed donor who has given over 100 pints of blood in the last five decades, but he was recently turned away from donating blood for refusing to answer if he had been pregnant.

On his most recent trip to the Albert Halls clinic in Stirling, Scotland, Mr. Sinclair was prohibited from donating after he refused to answer a question on a form asking if he was pregnant. As a man in his 60s, the question is nonsensical in many ways.

Sinclair said the clinic staff indicated they could not accept his blood unless he responded to that question. The staff argued that it is not always clear if someone is pregnant, and the policy is in place to “promote inclusiveness.”

The ridiculous question is now pervasive throughout the U.K. as part of the region’s efforts to be “inclusive.”

For example, The Telegraph reported recently that men undergoing scans related to cancer treatments at NHS trusts in England are being asked if they are pregnant before the procedure is initiated.

The male cancer patients or anyone having X-Rays and MRI scans are being asked if they could be pregnant after the Government removed the word “female” and replaced it with “individuals.”

According to the report, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust in Liverpool now asks “ALL patients under the age of 60, regardless of how you may identify your gender.”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...nder-ideology/

It'll probably start surfacing on the west coast first...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 09:05 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Doesn't sound "inclusive" if they don't accept how 60 year old men think.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:14 AM

472 posts, read 244,546 times
Welcome to bizarro clown world. All that wokeness nowadays sure can make someone's head spin....

Old 06-19-2022, 09:19 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Coming soon to the USA?

I guess they aren't that desperate for blood, despite what they say.

It's a stupid question, I'd probably answer it with the answer it deserves.

Geez, guess I will have to remind my PCP to ask about my prostate during my annual exam. Being inclusive, yanno.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:22 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
He should have put "Yes".

I wonder what their reaction would have been?

Old 06-19-2022, 09:31 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Coming soon to the USA?

Fairly silly, especially given blood donors are volunteers and unpaid in the UK.

People reading this nonsense may now be put of giving blood or bone marrow.

Some people who have rare blood groups are especially important in terms of becoming donors, so putting people off attending blood donation sessions is fairly stupid.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:39 AM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Doesn't sound "inclusive" if they don't accept how 60 year old men think.
Inclusive only counts if you're a crazed communist like they are. Otherwise "shunned" is more proper.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:40 AM

19,054 posts, read 27,620,833 times
ha ha ha. I go to a skilled nursing facility and, every time - they already have about 7 of them forms from me - I write that I am martian for ethnicity on "other" line and am pregnant. Just for s-ts and giggles. Being a 6'2'' bearded man.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:42 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Fairly silly, especially given blood donors are volunteers and unpaid in the UK.

Some people who have rare blood groups are especially important in terms of becoming donors, so putting people off attending blood donation sessions is fairly stupid.
I'm A-. They want my blood. But, everytime they learn that I lived in Germany during their specific timeline, they carry on about "Mad Cow" disease despite how long it has been since I lived there. Fine by me, I hate giving blood. I only gave out of guilt. WA state was the only state that didn't care about my 3 years in Germany.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:43 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Yep and we're here. Without common knowledge to pull from, societies will go forward, confused. That confusion doesn't come without a price.

I get kicking the Bible to the curb. But kicking science to the curb? There's nothing left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies