Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 03:51 PM

7,217 posts, read 4,915,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
So I am really shaking my head over this.

The last time, if filled out any kind of medical form -- only one form for everyone, btw -- there was a section that started out, in bold, "IF you a female, please answer the following questions: . . . ."

So what is wrong with continuing that? I don't see how that kind of wording would offend anyone.
Because when you have a supposedly intelligent person being confirmed for the US Supreme Court not knowing what contitutes being Female because she is not a Biologist, how can regular run of the mill citizens answer the question?
And, yes, I realize the incident in the OP is not in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 03:58 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,637,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Because when you have a supposedly intelligent person being confirmed for the US Supreme Court not knowing what contitutes being Female because she is not a Biologist, how can regular run of the mill citizens answer the question?
And, yes, I realize the incident in the OP is not in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Failed Science class in the 7th grade and then dropped out? Both of 'em?

If as a society there isn't a common knowledge of facts to work from, where does that leave us?

Old 06-19-2022, 04:57 PM

11,132 posts, read 6,066,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, no, it's not really the blood bank's loss.

It's a loss to a person who needs blood to survive.

There's a bigger picture here, and considering how much blood this man has donated over his life, it appears it was very important to him to realize he was saving lives.

Until he had to answer whether he was pregnant or not, on a form, and then it wasn't important at all to him.

What was more important to him, as you say, was being "whiney".
When a grown adult man is forced to answer the most idiotic question in order to 'donate' his blood. Not receive a donation..... I bloody well will tell them to go ... themselves! The man is not "not caring" The dumbwit wokes are not caring. They are the ones refusing to accept his donation! They are not being inclusive by excluding the donor and disrespecting him.

Picture a drowning woke person and a bearded man on the shore with a rope and the woker says, "I can only let you save me me if you will declare that you are not pregnant". Now picture the man say "bleep you!" and walk away. Same thing.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:14 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,142,690 times
So I guess that means most of us won't be giving blood in Scotland.

Good to know.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Failed Science class in the 7th grade and then dropped out? Both of 'em?

If as a society there isn't a common knowledge of facts to work from, where does that leave us?
I’m thinking if a person is educated enough and knowledgeable to be considered for our supreme court, they should not need to be a biologist to be able to know the definition of a woman. I would hope.

Not sure what you mean by “both of them”. I posted once, about one person.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:46 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,646,266 times
It’s actually a real problem. These days it might be hard to tell a person’s birth sex. That’s going to be the next question on your health forms.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 06-19-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It’s actually a real problem. These days it might be hard to tell a person’s birth sex. That’s going to be the next question on your health forms.
True. But there are still definitions describing what a female is as opposed to what a male is. And you don’t (or shouldn’t ) need to be a bilogist to know the answer to that question, what is a woman. Or what is a man.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:21 PM

25,901 posts, read 16,629,409 times
Suppressing a bray of laughter here.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:30 PM

6,764 posts, read 8,631,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm A-. They want my blood. But, everytime they learn that I lived in Germany during their specific timeline, they carry on about "Mad Cow" disease despite how long it has been since I lived there. Fine by me, I hate giving blood. I only gave out of guilt. WA state was the only state that didn't care about my 3 years in Germany.
A+ here, and after my tour in the Balkans, I got the same B.S.
Not my loss. Funny thing they kept notifying me about draws because I have such a "desperately needed" blood type.

I guess not even though my tour was 20 years ago.

Old 06-19-2022, 06:31 PM

1,943 posts, read 571,323 times
Yeah, who thought there would ever be a debate on this subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies