Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 02:49 PM

47,108 posts, read 26,237,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Britain will send 12 Challenger 2 tanks to Ukraine as part of efforts to "intensify" support for the Ukrainian defense against Russia, according to Downing Street.
As always, I feel compelled to point out that while there's no such ting as a wunderwaffe, a Challenger 2 is very much not the sort of tank you want to be in front of. It's battle-proven in Iraq, has rather extreme survivability and - uniquely - a 120 mm rifled gun.

How many days until the Russians declare they have destroyed at least 20?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 02:58 PM

8,217 posts, read 3,771,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Ok. So life expectancy of somebody born in the 1990s was less than the current life expectancy of 70.

Just because it was worse in the past does not mean it isn’t awful now. It just means it was worse in the past.
That was not the point.

Old 01-14-2023, 04:01 PM

25,797 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As always, I feel compelled to point out that while there's no such ting as a wunderwaffe, a Challenger 2 is very much not the sort of tank you want to be in front of. It's battle-proven in Iraq, has rather extreme survivability and - uniquely - a 120 mm rifled gun.

How many days until the Russians declare they have destroyed at least 20?
"Very much not the sort of".....
You may have ruined my evening. I spent the afternoon watching a British spy series and now you come along using phrases like "very much not the sort of". Please understand I have to go out with good ol' boys and their wives. They are not going to understand why I sound like a Limey all of a sudden.

The destruction of Russia's Putin continues on schedule. After that will come the disintegration of Putin's Russia.

Old 01-14-2023, 05:55 PM

23,174 posts, read 12,366,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Longer lifespan?.... No. Russia ranks 113th out of 196 countries. In Russia a man born today could expect to live 70 years. They are better then North Korea, but just barely..
I think a Russian man born today could expect to live maybe 20 years.

Old 01-14-2023, 05:58 PM

23,174 posts, read 12,366,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlos View Post
Russia hoax is so 2016. That scheme was DNC funded, so try your bigotry somewhere else. Any other ad hominem you going to throw my way?

Mental midgets is what you call blind propaganda loyalists. 1984 was written verbatim about a lot of brain dead neoliberal goons in this thread.
Your bot programming needs tweaked as I said nothing about the "Russia hoax" in 2016 or anything that could be considered bigotry. Just proof that your posts are about pushing propaganda that has no relevance to the posts before it.

My comment was about how you popped up out of the blue and started posting. Just catch wind of the war? I predict you'll be gone as soon as the security tools get run next and flag your IP.

Old 01-14-2023, 06:52 PM

8,996 posts, read 11,885,467 times
The Bradley IFV are also known as tank killers, as they are equipped with TOW anti-tank missiles. The USA has around 5,000 of them. The Army is planning to replace them in the near future. This means more will be available to give to Ukraine, should the USA choose to do so. I still prefer drones for their long range, lower overall cost, and no-risk-to-human-pilot advantage.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...ement-in-2023/

Old 01-14-2023, 07:47 PM

476 posts, read 340,412 times
Bradley, tanks, F-16... If Biden’s administration is really concerned about the fate of Ukraine, why they shouldn’t send troops to the war?
Oh, wait a second. I read in another thread that this is a good deal for US. Very cheap! With the help of financial and military assistance, but without direct participation, gradually weaken and destroy russian army. Slooowly. No rush.

Smart, very smart!

Old 01-15-2023, 04:00 AM

13,635 posts, read 7,585,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The Bradley IFV are also known as tank killers, as they are equipped with TOW anti-tank missiles. The USA has around 5,000 of them. The Army is planning to replace them in the near future. This means more will be available to give to Ukraine, should the USA choose to do so. I still prefer drones for their long range, lower overall cost, and no-risk-to-human-pilot advantage.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...ement-in-2023/
Armored vehicles in the 21st century is quickly be rendered obsolete with low-cost drones, and high-tech missile technology. Tanks remind me of battleships which were quickly rendered useless against carrier launched aircraft in WW2. The problem for America is we are on the other side of the planet and Russia is right next door they can continue to supply where Ukraine has lot of trouble getting enough supply. Putin eventually will be worn down like Soviets were in Afghanistan can Ukraine hold out long enough?

Old 01-15-2023, 05:35 AM

12,532 posts, read 8,309,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Armored vehicles in the 21st century is quickly be rendered obsolete with low-cost drones, and high-tech missile technology. Tanks remind me of battleships which were quickly rendered useless against carrier launched aircraft in WW2. The problem for America is we are on the other side of the planet and Russia is right next door they can continue to supply where Ukraine has lot of trouble getting enough supply. Putin eventually will be worn down like Soviets were in Afghanistan can Ukraine hold out long enough?

And like the USMC dropped its tank battalions the armies of the west are also trying to trim the weight of their systems. Putting the legacy heavy armor to the use they were bought for instead of scrap and museums is a plus in that they are attriting the foe now instead of later.

It does seem like in that first desperate phase of the war the precision guided missiles and artillery rounds stopped Russia's best. However those stocks may be low as the battle damage videos have either been suppressed or have just slowed down. So while the Russians are pulling 3rd generation tanks and armor from the end of WWII to roughly the 1980s to continue their fight, Ukraine is getting international mix of 4th generation armored vehicles, some of which presumably will come with more than the next generations armor and fire control but also the battle management computer systems.

Old 01-15-2023, 06:48 AM

5,308 posts, read 3,882,706 times
Putin, dying of cancer, falls down stairs.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/gFvzyWZz70I/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies