Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 198 39.52%
No 254 50.70%
Unsure 49 9.78%
Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2022, 02:04 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,191,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
None of what!

If Trump was still in office, he would've likely disrupted a NATO response.

Fake war

Try again with something that makes a little bit of sense.

Your point?

All evidence indicates you are correct.
Many in Russian deep state , elites, media responsible for collapse of the USSR. They are pro American and Zelensky.
Fifth columnists everywhere. I see that fake war would be beneficial for many weapon makers to get funded and promote \ test new designs without explaining that to the public. This was my logic behind word 'possible'. Another part of it: Uki top military and and Russian top military have the same roots, education, friends, history...they are friends, if you do not know this from the Western press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2022, 02:32 PM

51,702 posts, read 25,999,352 times
Ukraine's Minister of Defense summed it up for Russians.

https://mobile.twitter.com/igorsushk...03615809191936

Old 12-31-2022, 02:38 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,687,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

They should do exactly what Zelenskyy did and fully mobilize & conscript every male 16 to 60.
That would be cool...right? Most cheerlead Zelenskyy for doing that...SO....

Old 12-31-2022, 02:45 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,696,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
They will never cop to any of that...their biases, and love of war will not let them.
They actually think that's all cool.
Imagine what it was like to try to live through Desert Storm...with 100,000 air missions in 40 days?
How about if the Russians did that to Ukraine?
Just be happy because of nuclear weapons, NATO's hands are tied. Or else the war can end next week with Moscow and St Petersburg leveled. Instead, we will have this slow grind to the mutual destruction of Ukraine and Russia. It gives me a chuckle that Russians think they are winning.

Old 12-31-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Just be happy because of nuclear weapons, NATO's hands are tied. Or else the war can end next week with Moscow and St Petersburg leveled. Instead, we will have this slow grind to the mutual destruction of Ukraine and Russia. It gives me a chuckle that Russians think they are winning.
There's no "winners" in full-scale wars.
That's why only the most horrible and contemptuous would reject a Peace Agreement and favor war instead...like NATO did in this conflict.

True, about the potential destruction...as that would figure...since the only Country evil enough to level cities and execute all the civilians in a hot minute, is the U.S.
The U.S.S.R./Russia has almost always been more capable of doing that (and probably still are) but are not so barbaric, evil, & heinous to do it...just the United States.

Old 12-31-2022, 03:07 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,506,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I don't remember anyone asking me if I would go along with funding Ukraine instead of taking care of a myriad problems right here in this country but you go ahead believing Putin has total autonomy in his decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Let's face it.

Republicans would not be "taking care of a myriad problems right here in this country". They always vote against any such programs. The record speaks for itself.

Republicans are all in for an enormous military budget (the neocon Republican 'sacred cow'), which they have always supported and continue to this day. But not for "taking care of a myriad problems right here in this country". This is an excuse, not a reason, for withholding help to Ukraine.

Helping Ukraine defend itself is actually making the world safer, by standing up to the world's biggest aggressor who has run wild in unprovoked attacks of Georgia and Ukraine twice. And helping Ukraine is a bargain, just a small fraction of the money we spend every year in our own Pentagon national defense budget.

If the Ukrainians are successful in beating off this invasion (and it looks like they will be), we could probably start to reduce our Pentagon budget in the future and return many of our current defense allocations to the US Treasury. A win-win.

You have allowed Democrat sources to tell you how Republicans think.
I don't let "sources" tell me what to think.

I have five decades as an adult voter, making my own observations to inform me about the Republican Party. I have seen it from up close.

Old 12-31-2022, 03:14 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,696,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
There's no "winners" in full-scale wars.
That's why only the most horrible and contemptuous would reject a Peace Agreement and favor war instead...like NATO did in this conflict.

True, about the potential destruction...as that would figure...since the only Country evil enough to level cities and execute all the civilians in a hot minute, is the U.S.
The U.S.S.R./Russia has almost always been more capable of doing that (and probably still are) but are not so barbaric, evil, & heinous to do it...just the United States.
It's as if you have no memory of who started this war.

Old 12-31-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
It's as if you have no memory of who started this war.
I fully remember.
Yes...NATO did...by violating the assurances they gave, and then when offered a Peaceful Resolution, rejected it in favor of war.

Putin tried for a peaceful resolution...the U.S./NATO rejected it and opted for war.
So...that's the way NATO wants it...well, they get it.
You must think that's best...I don't. Putin didn't either.
But the U.S. loooooooves war...they always have.

https://natowatch.org/newsbriefs/201...nato-expansion

https://www.gulf-insider.com/western...ia-peace-deal/

https://tass.com/world/1398001

Old 12-31-2022, 05:22 PM

7,694 posts, read 5,579,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Very good video. I wonder how many Russians it will reach though. I assume the main vehicle for it is Telegram.

Old 12-31-2022, 05:53 PM

6,021 posts, read 2,823,849 times
https://youtu.be/Vpwkdmwui3k

Happy New Year!

Trump was right on everything! Elections have consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies